Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,806
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I heard rumors of motor sich opened office or factory in Turkey from a friend of mine. Then, i saw this ekşi post about existence of motor sich. Whats your thoughts?

Just as reference
Almost ALL big companies........... open offices......... it is normal thing

Example:
I work for a Big company:
~ 20 000 employees
~ 50 Factories
~ Different fields of Development of products

Company have opened lot of offices in many countries. Facts -> some of offices did NOT able do any contracts with customers or sell any of our product or able to buy something.............Why they exist !? it is mystery for me

Conclusion:
Opening office do NOT mean Anything

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Just as reference
Almost ALL big companies........... open offices......... it is normal thing

Example:
I work for a Big company:
~ 20 000 employees
~ 50 Factories
~ Different fields of Development of products

Company have opened lot of offices in many countries. Facts -> some of offices did NOT able do any contracts with customers or sell any of our product or able to buy something.............Why they exist !? it is mystery for me

Conclusion:
Opening office do NOT mean Anything
It does if you are a defence company and you didn't have one before the war.

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Motor Sich might start producing engines in Turkey given the war in Ukraine is not going so well for Ukraine at the moment and, Motor Sich is one of the primary targets for Russian strikes.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Motor Sich have an agreement with TEI (?) to produce the Atak2 engine in Türkiye. As such they do not need a production facility but only an engineering presence in Türkiye.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Motor Sich have an agreement with TEI (?) to produce the Atak2 engine in Türkiye. As such they do not need a production facility but only an engineering presence in Türkiye.
TEI has the license for the engines, nearly all of them

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI has the license for the engines, nearly all of them
Do you have sources to support these claims?
Atak-2 prototypes were to be powered by engines purchased from Ukraine with slightly underpowered engines until local engines with 3000HP were ready. There were no TEI involvement for under license Ukrainian engine production, as far as the media was informed.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Atak-2 prototypes were to be powered by engines purchased from Ukraine with slightly underpowered engines until local engines with 3000HP were ready. There were no TEI involvement for under license Ukrainian engine production, as far as the media was informed.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was only a post on the web stating that and there was no objection to that post. That's why I included a question mark in my post meaning that it is not certain. Mind the next posters post that claims TEI have license for almost all the engines, like I did.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are correct in thinking that the Ukrainian engines are going to be produced in Turkey after reading this news.
But this news has been made according to the interview shared in the same news piece. And if you listen to the interview carefully, the news is WRONG!
If you listen to what the guy is saying carefully ; he is saying that the atak-2 helicopter is going to be fully indigenous. Although the engines are coming from Ukraine at the moment the aircraft will be totally indigenous in the end.
In other words we will produce the engines as well. He does not say anything about TEI manufacturing Ukrainian engines.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
You are correct in thinking that the Ukrainian engines are going to be produced in Turkey after reading this news.
But this news has been made according to the interview shared in the same news piece. And if you listen to the interview carefully, the news is WRONG!
If you listen to what the guy is saying carefully ; he is saying that the atak-2 helicopter is going to be fully indigenous. Although the engines are coming from Ukraine at the moment the aircraft will be totally indigenous in the end.
In other words we will produce the engines as well. He does not say anything about TEI manufacturing Ukrainian engines.
"The engine, tho we are getting it from Ukraine, it will be manufactured in Turkey"

In this sentence, I get the meaning of Ukranian engines being produced in Turkey, rather than a indigenous project developed later. If it was the latter, he would have used different wording

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
T929 projesinde Ukrayna motorlarının Türkiye’de üretileceğini ifade etti

Ukrainian engines for the T29 project will be produced in Türkiye.

Most probably TEI will make them.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,560
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
292094780_3468214900072348_2772992001545758601_n.jpg

Vanagas is the 326 th TB2 manufactured by BAYKAR

savunmasanayist.com

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
"The engine, tho we are getting it from Ukraine, it will be manufactured in Turkey"

In this sentence, I get the meaning of Ukranian engines being produced in Turkey, rather than a indigenous project developed later. If it was the latter, he would have used different wording
Please listen to it very carefully!
He says:
“the one in front of you will be all indigenous; the engine, although we are getting from Ukraine, will be manufactured in Turkey. So all will be indigenous.”
He says nothing about Turkey manufacturing the Ukrainian engine in Turkey.
He is making a point; With the 30 Atak-129 helicopters for Pakistan, we had a license agreement with the Italians. therefore it wasn’t an 100% indigenous project. But the one in front, the Atak-2 will be all indigenous. In spite of the fact that the engine now being Ukrainian, we will produce it in Turkey to make it all indigenous.
There is no mention about producing the Ukrainian engine under license in Turkey.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The superstar UCAV “Bayraktar” in the Lithuania.
Note: A very large size according to the Lithuanian people size.
694A29AC-1AF4-4D78-B6DE-0FE8DF8374CF.jpeg
B97191FD-61A2-49F2-A409-226D7773298E.jpeg

136EF330-321E-4709-95D3-8A906018AA91.jpeg

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is rather interesting: according to a Ukranian TB2 operator, they see a TB2 being shot by a Russian S300 AD system. They are dismayed over losing the TB2. But the plane makes an automatic landing back to it’s designated airport few hours later with loads of holes on the airframe. They mend the TB2 and re use it successfully.
This is not the only time apparently; Another TB2 returned back home 2 hours after it was shot by a Russian fighter’s a2a missile.
Somehow it is as if these planes seem to have a self EW capability against missiles that are targeting them.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom