Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
it is not really needed but wedge intakes are only useful when you want to have high Supercruise and Mach 1.6+

While we all know that MIUS (at least for now) is high subsonic. As I said before, maybe they want to make it supercruiseable and Mach 2 with TF-6000 (10000 with AB) as now (subsonic version) has only 1.1k Lbf cruise and 3klbf takeoff. TF-6000's max dry thrust is nearly 6 times higher than AI-25TLT, now when I think in this way, TF-6000 can probably make this bird go faster and probably achieve supercruise and Mach1.6+
Drag is proportional to speed cubed, if the figures given are accurate from mach 0.9 the TF6000 can deliver mach 1,5843 roughly.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Without,

Take this with a grain of salt.
Ok thanks,
Definetly, lots of factors we don't know, that's why we can't exactly calculate.

But if it is going to perform similar to these numbers, with AB we can expect around 1.6+ Mach (maybe around 1.8-1.9), by this, using classic wedge intake makes sense

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok thanks,
Definetly, lots of factors we don't know, that's why we can't exactly calculate.

But if it is going to perform similar to these numbers, with AB we can expect around 1.6+ Mach (maybe around 1.8-1.9), by this, using classic wedge intake makes sense
Mch 1,8783 with afterburner

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only place that uses the AI-25TLT connotation is Wikipedia. (We all know how dependable Wikipedia is!) . That is supposed to be a joint venture manufactured engine of ”Black Sea Shield” between Ukraine and Baykar. We don’t even know if such an engine exists.

What we can see in the pictures here is an engine that looks like a Motor Sich turbofan. It may even have an afterburner.
There is an AI-25TL engine that has similar specs to what you have quoted, among the Motor Sich turbofan range. But no TLT!
All sites I have checked quote AI-322F engine being the engine to be used for MIUS.
Are you sure about the TLT version of this engine?
They may have picked out an engine from a production line that Motor Sich produces for the Chinese; like the AI-222-25F. At least that one has similar thrust values to the AI-322F that we want. (By the way even the AI-322F is not among the engines Motor Sich produces. These are designs of Ivchenko Progress. And they don’t manufacture engines)

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The only place that uses the AI-25TLT connotation is Wikipedia. (We all know how dependable Wikipedia is!) . That is supposed to be a joint venture manufactured engine of ”Black Sea Shield” between Ukraine and Baykar. We don’t even know if such an engine exists.

What we can see in the pictures here is an engine that looks like a Motor Sich turbofan. It may even have an afterburner.
There is an AI-25TL engine that has similar specs to what you have quoted, among the Motor Sich turbofan range. But no TLT!
All sites I have checked quote AI-322F engine being the engine to be used for MIUS.
Are you sure about the TLT version of this engine?
They may have picked out an engine from a production line that Motor Sich produces for the Chinese; like the AI-222-25F. At least that one has similar thrust values to the AI-322F that we want. (By the way even the AI-322F is not among the engines Motor Sich produces. These are designs of Ivchenko Progress. And they don’t manufacture engines)

Also, the engine I have posted (from Baykar facility) is exactly an AI-25

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Also, the engine I have posted (from Baykar facility) is exactly an AI-25
Ivchenko Progress can not manufacture. They are like TR Motor. A design Bureau. Baykar signed that to manufacture under Black Sea Shield JV.
Just check out below engines that Motor Sich produces:
First one is AI-222
The other three are AI-25 derivatives varying from 3100lbf to 4000lbf
that Motor Sich Produces.

I really would like to know how you can tell from a heavily distorted picture that the engine there, is AI-25TLT.

1661273881725.jpeg

1661273914434.jpeg

1661273945705.jpeg

1661273976920.jpeg

To be honest with you, my understanding with everything that has happened is like this:
Baykar signed this agreement and a few months later war broke out. None of the engines were manufactured. But they picked out a AI-25 derivative of one sort or another to try on the prototype before production was halted. They did the same with Akinci. A 450 hp engine was used before the 750hp it was supposed to have.
Now there are no engines being produced at Motor Sich anyway. So TF6000 is the only way out. (Unless there is a production unit no one knows about that is producing engines under Black Sea Shield!! )

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to İbrahim Sünnetçi Baykar Defense has two different MIUS concepts, is he talking about the 2 engine design or a completely different concept ? Baykar has shown different designs before (Some akin to unmanned bomber craft rather than unmanned fighters). What are your opinions on this ?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
According to İbrahim Sünnetçi Baykar Defense has two different MIUS concepts, is he talking about the 2 engine design or a completely different concept ? Baykar has shown different designs before (Some akin to unmanned bomber craft rather than unmanned fighters). What are your opinions on this ?
Maybe Naval version is a different concept?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The answer seems to lie in your post. 2 different concepts! “Concept“ being the operative word, can we say that there is :
1. A high subsonic MIUS
2. A supersonic MIUS.
They need two different approaches and two different concepts.
Their engines will be different.
Their operational needs will be different.
Their operational performance will differ greatly as well.

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The answer seems to lie in your post. 2 different concepts! “Concept“ being the operative word, can we say that there is :
1. A high subsonic MIUS
2. A supersonic MIUS.
They need two different approaches and two different concepts.
Their engines will be different.
Their operational needs will be different.
Their operational performance will differ greatly as well.
I know but the way he phrased it seemed like there was something more to it.

Here is his quote "In fact, Baykar Defense has two different MIUS concepts, so it can be said that there are 3 (this includes Tusaş's jet drone) different solutions."

I'm probably reading too much into this but considering that there were different designs shown before and that subsonic and supersonic drones were labeled "Mius A and B models" before could there be a different type of MIUS that we haven't seen ? Again i'm probably needlessly speculating.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Btw, we should note that our now MIUS (not accounting engine) is the one that's going to be operated from Anadolu, as Baykar already presented a *simulation render* of it

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom