Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
they should modify TS-1400 to be used on AKINCI.
I am sure they are going for the ways to entegrate engines for akinci or future uav platforms. I think there is still time for ts1400 platform to mature. Once it is proven, there could be family of product for same core like pw pt6 series.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was in the Baykar's munitions brochure for Bayraktar AKINCI so it's in plans but integration will take time probably. We need a working radar first.
There is no need to wait for Sungur, can be useful against other drones. So, they don't need aesa radar to integrate it. FLIR can direct missile.

Btw, when could we expect to see test of SOM fired from Akinci?

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im 100% sure you hate Selcuk Bayraktar because his the son in law of Erdogan before he even got married the man was working on his projects.

Also he married pretty late 30+ years old. Honestly I dont think he would get married when his too busy with work day and night.

Selcuk Bayraktar achieved a lot I hope his achievements is a middle to finger to every hater especially you.
I don't hate Baykara or anyone from Baykara family. Thanks to them for their contribution to our country. But I think there is unfair competition and TUSAŞ UAV department can not go on its projects because of Baykars relation to akp!! This is my concern and I am concern about our TUSAŞ's future!!
I don't want TUSAŞ to lag behind!!
After akp , we will see whether Baykara got deals in fair competition or not.
Why this upsets anyone??

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Newly delivered Akinci B UCAV's

FbASF69WYAAnJps.jpeg

FbASF7BWYAAuX4C.jpeg

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't hate Baykara or anyone from Baykara family. Thanks to them for their contribution to our country. But I think there is unfair competition and TUSAŞ UAV department can not go on its projects because of Baykars relation to akp!! This is my concern and I am concern about our TUSAŞ's future!!
Why this upsets anyone??
Well, it becouse simply turkey doesn't have the endless resources or luxury to develop two similer product. Tusas did had a fair competition when they did anka in contrast to tb2. ( as turkish army order 75 of it ) However, after after anka unlike byrakter which developed ackinci after tb2, tusas couldn't developed any similer product ( aksungur is not comparable to ackinci in term of fire power, engine power and range ) tusas should handover the drone business to baykar and instead focus more on develop high end project like settelite, heavy rocket booster ( the same way IAI does )

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, it becouse simply turkey doesn't have the endless resources to luxury to develop two similer product. Tusas did had a fair competition when they did anka in contrast to tb2. ( as turkish army order 75 of it ) However, after after anka unlike byrakter which developed ackinci after tb2, tusas couldn't developed any similer product ( aksungur is not comparable to ackinci in term of fire power, engine power and range ) tusas should handover the drone business to baykar and instead focus more on develop high end project like settelite, heavy rocket booster ( the same way IAI does )
First of all, roketsan makes rocket boosters.
TUSAŞ is better in UAV business , since it started long ago!
Baykara got the deal and it created akıncı!!
TUSAŞ turned it's Anka platform into another platform in 18 months with it's sources!! Anot with the money of state.
TUSAŞ works on ucsv project ,why would it give to Baykara??
As state we are creating at least 2 producers in every platform to create competition!! at first I may ask, why we had Baykara when we have TUSAŞ if you say that one company is enough!!

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
TAI has a lot of critical projects going on right now so it is completely normal that Baykar became the "leader" so to speak regarding the UCAV market in Turkiye; + TAI and Baykar drones have different purposes. Nonetheless, TAI must remain in the UCAV market, as it is important to maintain competition + they provide world-class drones.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
First of all, roketsan makes rocket boosters.
TUSAŞ is better in UAV business , since it started long ago!
Baykara got the deal and it created akıncı!!
TUSAŞ turned it's Anka platform into another platform in 18 months with it's sources!! Anot with the money of state.
TUSAŞ works on ucsv project ,why would it give to Baykara??
As state we are creating at least 2 producers in every platform to create competition!! at first I may ask, why we had Baykara when we have TUSAŞ if you say that one company is enough!!
Baykar is private company it wasn't formed by state so it is not a question of ' why we need baykar when we had tusas?' and Baykar didn't received the government funding for the ackinci program! So how can they got the deal from the beginning? And turkish defence industry doesn't have two producer in every platform! This is a false statement! Otherwise you would have seen another tfx or atak ii or another destroyer proposal similer to tf2000 etc! And I didn't said tusas should give the money to baykar. What I said there is no critical need for tusas to produce drones with having baykar specially when they are running short of engineers in strategic project like tfx.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar is private company it wasn't formed by state so it is not a question of ' why we need baykar when we had tusas?' and Baykar didn't received the government funding for the ackinci program! So how can they got the deal from the beginning? And turkish defence industry doesn't have two producer in every platform! This is a false statement! Otherwise you would have seen another tfx or atak ii or another destroyer proposal similer to tf2000 etc! And I didn't said tusas should give the money to baykar. What I said there is no critical need for tusas to produce drones with having baykar specially when they are running short of engineers in strategic project like tfx.
Don't talk without having a clue in Turkish programs. Baykar even for tb-2 got government support. With out government support ,there would be no Baykar tb-2!!
They started the competition with Vestel , state tasked Baykars to produce tb-2 . And for akıncı, they are again produced it with government support. Learn things in details, then comment about that things.
Like in every critical projects, we need to have 2 projects from at least 2 different company. Any one stopping TUSAŞ in UAV business is in treasonous work!! for TUSAŞ and for our country.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,264
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why this upsets anyone??
That's BS that is all over western media. They can't talk about the success of the TB-2 or the Baykar company without sneakily mentioning the relationship Mr. Selcuk Bayraktar has to the president. Their butthurt is clear and apparent.
I don't think you would mention "unfair competition" if he hadn't married the daughter of the president.
Whether it's from Baykar, TAI, MBC, Nurol, Otokar or other, every export means money entering the country and at the same time money staying in the country not to mention the free promotion we get.
Please, lay off that. It's getting old.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,264
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't talk without having a clue in Turkish programs. Baykar even for tb-2 got government support. With out government support ,there would be no Baykar tb-2!!
They started the competition with Vestel , state tasked Baykars to produce tb-2 . And for akıncı, they are again produced it with government support. Learn things in details, then comment about that things.
Like in every critical projects, we need to have 2 projects from at least 2 different company. Any one stopping TUSAŞ in UAV business is in treasonous work!! for TUSAŞ and for our country.
What's wrong with getting government support?
What about all the years the family worked day and night to form reliable platforms with their own initiative and capital?
Vestel's product was subpar that's why it didn't make it.
Ugh :rolleyes:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Seems you really got worked up! I am not talking without any clue! Tusas Is a state owned company which, usually get government funding from the very beginning of the project's devolopment. on the other hand, private company like baykar devolop a product by its own mean and then government select it after a competition with other companies product and then award a contract for mass production. These two are very different thing! For example, baykar is developing mius by its own resources as ssb didn't signed a contract with them for the development of mius nor it is funding it. On the other hand, tusas is developing for example, atak ii project which is ssb funding from the scratch as the contract was signed for the development in 2018. Awarding a contract for mass production after development and funding the development of the project from the very beginning is two very different thing!

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Without getting married ,Baykar products were getting tested for years to be accepted!!
Bayraktar Mini entered service in 2007, 9 years before that marriage. This thing is still in use.
Bayraktar TB-2 maiden flight in 2014 and entered service the same year. It was two years before marriage.
If you believe they had flirted for nine years, you don't know Erdoğan's worldview.

As I said before, that marriage is the result of the success of the Bayraktar family. People like Erdoğan won't let their daughters marry ordinary guys. Instead, they look for wealthy and strong families. His other daughter married with Albayrak family's (another strong family) son, I am sure that is his biggest regret in his life.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,014
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bayraktar Mini entered service in 2007, 9 years before that marriage. This thing is still in use.
Bayraktar TB-2 maiden flight in 2014 and entered service the same year. It was two years before marriage.
If you believe they had flirted for nine years, you don't know Erdoğan's worldview.

As I said before, that marriage is the result of the success of the Bayraktar family. People like Erdoğan won't let their daughters marry ordinary guys. Instead, they look for wealthy and strong families. His other daughter married with Albayrak family's (another strong family) son, I am sure that is his biggest regret in his life.

People forget how marriage is used to forge alliances between families.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,014
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again let me ask you, why does it make you upset my words" after akp past deals will be checked "??
Without getting married ,Baykar products were getting tested for years to be accepted!!
Of course close connections make suspect about unfair competition!! and tahta should be, why you get offended when I ask fair competition!!

Baykar dates back to 1980s. It took decades for them to come to this point.

All the top brands are like 50 to 100+ years old. Nothing is built overnight.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you notice, PKK supporters, Armenians, Israelis and many western media outlets use exactly these "arguments" to undermine the Baykar success.
As a Turk, I'm proud that this genius family had put Turkey on the global UAV map with proven combat success. No UAV had so much popularity as the TB-2 and that's NOT because one of them is marries to the president's daughter but because of a very clever design as a result of tedious research and development which took about 20 years!
I'm merely annoyed not offended by these constant ignorant remarks. AKP this and AKP that. You guys make the best advertisement for these people. No wonder we can't get rid of them.
The question that presents itself is: What makes you so irritated about Baykar's success, and does TAI need you to defend its rights or something?
Unfortunately, there are consideable amount of People are talking bs. I ignore them. Even, i saw that People try to explain the right thing with arguments changes nothing anyway.
Best thing i can suggest to ignore or not to reply them so that i spend less time scrolling pages.

Top Bottom