DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Fg6mzaLWIAY_wPb

Edit: I posted without really looking but it looks like a photoshop.
KE seems to be mock up and Akin I with SOM

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Paper tiger? I dont seen so far paper tiger producing at same time 15 destroyers 180 meters , 2 Aircraft carriers . tens of frigates and corvetes + submarines.
The time will come when China will be sole Superpower by far that even USA EU Russia and Turkey together cant own them . While Russia cant sent troops in ukraine with huge numbers but sent just around 100k . China can sent 1 million like NOTHING 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️.
i will agree that only after they conquer Taiwan.

Otherwises there are only Russian Copy Toys

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
China is a paper tiger in short.

Damn what a nightmare.
just see their drone export destroyed by Tb2 and Anka,AKinci(and then they made more and more toy drones without any new export)

And their AD systems are Tor and Buk-M1 and S-400 copy,,,,,

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Damm! It seems lot of turkish friends here really believe their technology is overall superior to the Chinese!

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Damm! It seems lot of turkish friends here really believe their technology is truly superior to the Chinese! 😂

In some aspect, yes. in many aspects, no.

But this is not only a question of technology but leadership, structure and fighting capability. China's military has long been modelled after Russia's. Naturally, seeing Russia's military doctrine failing miserably makes one wonder how China would perform. Turkey's military, modelled to NATO standards, have shown itself to be brutally effective. China's military has not showcased any meaningful fighting capability. Their latest venture against Vietnam ended in disaster.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
i hope your country buy much more chink drones and Hq-17(Tor-M1 copy) and type 99 Tanks(T-72 copy) and even aircraft carrier(Russian copy)
Remamber, in 2013 turkey itself selected export version of hq9 for long range air defence requirement in a multi-bilion dollars deal. But later it was canceled due to us pressure. And TRGL-300 which bangladesh brought from turkey is based on a chinese system. ( according to wiki )

Anyway, my comment wasn't anything serious but just a little teasing!

As @Radonsider and @Agha Sher pointed out I agree that, in some areas turkey has the upper hand. but in overall techological capability it wouldn't be realistic to argue that, turkey is ahead of China.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,747
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't claim Turkiye has better tech than China but I don't trust Chinese weapons, especially export versions either. I would rather have a weapon that satisfies the MIL-STD standards of NATO than a weapon with Chinese performance claims. On paper, Chinese drones are ahead, but users always complain about them. When China claims this drone can carry x amount they don't disclose at what conditions and after you bought the system you learn that it carries x amount at half the fuel load and only 10k feet high.

Kazakhstan selected Chinese drones but couldn't fly their drones close to the Chinese border. Drones were limited by software not to target anything close to Chinese borders. Kazakhstan launched the TAI Anka program after this.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,620
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't claim Turkiye has better tech than China but I don't trust Chinese weapons, especially export versions either. I would rather have a weapon that satisfies the MIL-STD standards of NATO than a weapon with Chinese performance claims. On paper, Chinese drones are ahead, but users always complain about them. When China claims this drone can carry x amount they don't disclose at what conditions and after you bought the system you learn that it carries x amount at half the fuel load and only 10k feet high.

Kazakhstan selected Chinese drones but couldn't fly their drones close to the Chinese border. Drones were limited by software not to target anything close to Chinese borders. Kazakhstan launched the TAI Anka program after this.
I agree! US MIL-STD is superior to chinese standard.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damm! It seems lot of turkish friends here really believe their technology overall is superior to the Chinese!
It is clear that China has to deal more with submarines, ships and helicopters.

Otherwise, Pakistan would not have turned to other solutions. China's poor quality products are known to the world.

Therefore, their products may be more in quantity, but they look bad in terms of quality.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Remamber, in 2013 turkey itself selected export version of hq9 for long range air defence requirement in a multi-bilion dollars deal. But later it was canceled due to us pressure. And TRGL-300 which bangladesh brought from turkey is based on a chinese system. ( according to wiki )

Anyway, my comment wasn't anything serious but just a little teasing!

As @Radonsider and @Agha Sher pointed out I agree that, in some areas turkey has the upper hand. but in overall techological capability it wouldn't be realistic to argue that, turkey is ahead of China.
in 2013 we didnt have any Air defence system.We were 0

of course Chinese better than us at air defence system

Every area ,after we create our own system,we beat chinese.

Last area; drones,Small arms,Armor cars,Helicopters......

next area: Air defence system Main battle Tanks ,Jet Fighters,Submarine,War ships..........

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
We preferred the Chinese system over Russian and US systems
in 2013 we didnt have any Air defence system.We were 0

of course Chinese better than us at air defence system

Every areaafter we create our own system,we beat chinese.

Last area; drones,Small arms,Armor cars,Helicopters......

next area: Air defence system Main battle Tanks ,Jet Fighters,Submarine,War ships..........

Putin's 3 Day War

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom

I would say anything Turks and Chinese build that's equivalent, generally the Turkish hardware is built to a much higher quality. China despite its vast population size and its copy and past culture that strangely brings no sanctions or embargoes, is known world wide for producing sub par products.

When we consider how poor Russian hardware is and Chinese hardware is mostly a copy of Russian tech, things don't look to rosy.

The drones failing also happened in Egypt for haftara and in Ethiopia. In the case of Ethiopia they had both Chinese and Iranian drones, meanwhile the rebels pushed deep towards their capital. Once TB2's were sold within a few weeks they were pushed back hundreds of miles away. Today a peace settlement is being reached.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need 7 years to catch up with the defense sector level of China at this rate.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need 7 years to catch up with the defense sector level of China at this rate.
the strength of chinese industry is not high quality but they can produce almost thing with low cost and medium quality.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the strength of chinese industry is not high quality but they can produce almost thing with low cost and medium quality.
They have started development earlier than Türkiye so they have already made their planes and all. Their products may not be very mature and reliable but they are there.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are huge advances in China in terms of material technology and production standards. There is also an incredible amount of state support and capital power. They are able to make astronomical acquisitions in every area where they are lacking.

In terms of export products, the common denominator of countries showing interest in Chinese systems is countries that have been excluded from the western system or that cannot afford to buy these systems. So China offers extremely cheap or or long term financing systems to these countries. It does not matter whether they are effective or not, whether they compete with their western counterparts or not, the countries that buy these systems somehow fill that gap, even if it is minimal.

However, it is a fact that cheapness is no longer a parameter that defines the development of the Chinese defense industry. They are making a breakthrough towards global industrial leadership in many areas.

Turkiye's rival is not China. The level China wants to catch up with is the technological power of the US. This does not mean that Turkiye cannot compete with China. It is only natural that we can produce much better systems than China in strategically prioritized areas. A similar example is Israel. Israel probably has the world's most successful system engineering in some of its strategically prioritized systems.

As far as China is concerned, I think the main problem is that China is not a country that is actively fighting somewhere with its army. On the other hand, countries like Israel and TR, which require a more demanding resource management than China, are actively at war, and they shape their systems with feedback directly from the battlefield. The solutions they produce are tailored systems. China, on the other hand, is more likely to follow the blueprints of countries such as Russia, France and the USA.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom