Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akıncı is made to carry heavy loads. A HALE plane can be made to carry lighter loads and optimized for high altitude so we can expect a good deal of better altitude performance from such a plane. For better high altitude performance you need longer wingspan and high aspect ratio wings, unlike Akıncı which has wide cord wings.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,546
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am expecting TİSU to be as the size of nEUROn, with around 2 tonnes of payload, it will be a force multiplier for our forces, as we can use it to strike enemy SAMs with possibly using SOMs and other various long range munitions, launched from TİSU's IWBs

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
79 10,776
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akıncı is made to carry heavy loads. A HALE plane can be made to carry lighter loads and optimized for high altitude so we can expect a good deal of better altitude performance from such a plane. For better high altitude performance you need longer wingspan and high aspect ratio wings, unlike Akıncı which has wide cord wings.
The problem is that the TP engine is not the right choice for this type of missions. Probably an AKINCI equivalent system is coming.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,469
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,546
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Just like that.
Hmmm, noice, enlarged X-47A
x47A.jpg

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
79 10,776
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am expecting TİSU to be as the size of nEUROn, with around 2 tonnes of payload, it will be a force multiplier for our forces, as we can use it to strike enemy SAMs with possibly using SOMs and other various long range munitions, launched from TİSU's IWBs
Imagine that each TISU flies in autonomous and fully passive mode, dropping 8 high-speed derivated over ŞİMŞEK system from its internal station. While some of these dropped jet drones could be jamming or spoofing purpose, some others could engage the target directly with a warhead. And followed by a wave of KE.

Maybe not individually, but within combination with the ongoing UAV programs, we are about to gain an extraordinary SEAD/DEAD factor.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The problem is that the TP engine is not the right choice for this type of missions. Probably an AKINCI equivalent system is coming.

They won't make an Akıncı equivalent plane, there is no reason to do that.
It is not in the TUSAŞ roadmap either.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Global Hawk flies at 65.000 ft (19.812 m) and is powered by a 7,050 lbf engine with a 5:1 bypass ratio.
TF6000 can be tuned to give that power but with a bypass ratio of 1.08:1 it will fly a shorter time than higher bypass engines but it can also be faster.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well Turkish drones made a huge success. Turkish drones are perceived now as one of the best so our companies do right to bank on that.

If TAI Goksungur is what I think it may even trash the Euromale project

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
79 10,776
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well Turkish drones made a huge success. Turkish drones are perceived now as one of the best so our companies do right to bank on that.

If TAI Goksungur is what I think it may even trash the Euromale project
The earliest date for the EuroDrone is 2028. Project development has become extremely inefficient, even a black hole. A unit cost above fighter jets is being speculated. This project is really stillborn. While TAI is working on the MMU-Hurjet on the one hand, and numerous helicopter platforms on the other, the UAV department is in a position to produce as many as needed until 2028, let alone develop a much better system than the EuroMALE. I see that TAI's situation is still not sufficiently understood in the foreign press. An aviation giant is taking shape in the east of Europe.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,831
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The earliest date for the EuroDrone is 2028. Project development has become extremely inefficient, even a black hole. A unit cost above fighter jets is being speculated. This project is really stillborn. While TAI is working on the MMU-Hurjet on the one hand, and numerous helicopter platforms on the other, the UAV department is in a position to produce as many as needed until 2028, let alone develop a much better system than the EuroMALE. I see that TAI's situation is still not sufficiently understood in the foreign press. An aviation giant is taking shape in the east of Europe.
It's typical of the Europeans. Everything is being run like an academic research. No emphasis on hardware. No urgency. Too much bureaucracy. Too many chefs in the kitchen. They take ages to decide even on the specs of the aircraft. I'm pretty sure the project will be shelved before it makes its first flight.

Last edited:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,873
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let me introduce the Chinese rival of KE and others
View attachment 50111

View attachment 50112

View attachment 50113

China has developed the FH-97A drone - a clone of the Australian Boeing MQ-28 Ghost Bat​

Offtopic but someone needs to tell the chinese to stop painting their missiles and bombs in these ugly ass colors. Makes everything looks like cheap subpar products If I'm gonna be honest.

Also their companies show off new drones every 6 months. Maybe they should focus on two or three and develop them into actual quality products instead of running after a new toy every two months.

Almost all costumers of chinese drones complain about them from quality to logistic and maintance.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Offtopic but someone needs to tell the chinese to stop painting their missiles and bombs in these ugly ass colors. Makes everything looks like cheap subpar products If I'm gonna be honest.

Also their companies show off new drones every 6 months. Maybe they should focus on two or three and develop them into actual quality products instead of running after a new toy every two months.

Almost all costumers of chinese drones complain about them from quality to logistic and maintance.
The Chinese army is not one but seven armies that have own purchasing structures. In short multiply by seven for each kind of weapon unless one accept the other’s.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,617
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom