TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The latest situation in the unmanned jet fighter KIZILELMA, which successfully performed its first test flight by staying in the air for 5 hours, was evaluated, and the issues of gaining new capabilities for UAVs were discussed in today's SSIK meeting
5 hours ? Really impressive that it is already doing these times.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,406
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
5 hours ? Really impressive that it is already doing these times.
According to savunmasanayist it performed its first flight in the air for 5 hours. Its pretty impressive that it could fly for 5 hours during its first flight when the kizilelma is expected to have 4-5 hours flying time in full operation. The engineers have done an incredible job, but perhaps it's a possibility that it's not the first time it flies.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,561
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
According to savunmasanayist it performed its first flight in the air for 5 hours. Its pretty impressive that it could fly for 5 hours during its first flight when the kizilelma is expected to have 4-5 hours flying time in full operation. The engineers have done an incredible job, but perhaps it's a possibility that it's not the first time it flies.
Can you please send me the link?

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MQ9 with full package cost around 100/120millions.
I don't any clue about price for Akinci but my guess 10-12 mil USD per unit. Look Lockheed Martin F-16 Block 70/72: $64 million (*1) . I expect it is 6 th times cheaper than F16 in every way.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,539
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't any clue about price for Akinci but my guess 10-12 mil USD per unit. Look Lockheed Martin F-16 Block 70/72: $64 million (*1) . I expect it is 6 th times cheaper than F16 in every way.

i was talking about full package deal including logistic, spare parts, training and ammunitions.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

While it has been announced that it would be cheap its capabilities certainly deserve more money. Between TB2, Akıncı and Kızılelma I would pay 10, 22 and 25 $mn for each respectively without ammo.

Last edited:

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
While it has been announced that it would be cheap its capabilities certainly deserve more money. Between TB2, Akıncı and Kızılelma I would pay 10, 20 and 25 for each respectively without ammo.
As u know Tb2 6 mil Usd so double it 12 mil for Akinci. 18 mil KE-A, 20 mil KE-B, because my expectation they use similar sub components also it can be sold to others countries easily. But when we reach KE-C price will become 30 mil or more because it will reach another leagues with F16s and Tfx Like aesa radars and more electronics more capable AI and so on. Till that point they must have very low price compare to light combat aircrafts.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As u know Tb2 6 mil Usd so double it 12 mil for Akinci. 18 mil KE-A, 20 mil KE-B, because my expectation they use similar sub components also it can be sold to others countries easily. But when we reach KE-C price will become 30 mil or more because it will reach another leagues with F16s and Tfx Like aesa radars and more electronics more capable AI and so on. Till that point they must have very low price compare to light combat aircrafts.
I read that pilot training for a modern aircraft costs $10mn per pilot and considering more than one pilot costs of competing aircraft goes up and up and UCAVs look cheaper.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I read that pilot training for a modern aircraft costs $10mn per pilot and considering more than one pilot costs of competing aircraft goes up and up and UCAVs look cheaper.
Yes ur right also before training u have to choose right one with perfect body , mind , health condition so ur candidates numbers decreasing. But for ucavs u can choose them according to their talents, mind conditions even someone physically disabled ( like wheelchaired one) but has perfect mind and intelligence u can use a pilot . Also u can train them very cheaply at simulations rooms in a very short time so u can rapidly increase ur ucavs fleets in a very short time.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,539
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
When I see how hard we are trying to allocate 3 billion dollars for only 16 typhoons or rafales I can only imagine how many KE and ackinci could've been brought with that money!

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Perhaps at some point Bayraktar can attempt to develop a VTOL Kizilelma ?

Lockheed JAST Large Scale Powered Model (LSPM) as an example
1671563732710.png

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

"Baykar Chairman of the Board of Directors Selçuk Bayraktar said, "Bayraktar Kızılelma made its first flight. It was a dream of ours for 20 years. It performed its first flight 3 years after Akıncı. These are completely national and originally designed and developed, actually robot aircraft. From the hardware inside, millions of lines of software are made by Turkish engineers and engineers. It was developed by the team. I worked with Kızılelma's latest control software line by line," he said."

I think a great plane is coming.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom