Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ANKA-3 should come with a carrier version too. A twin engine version and versions with larger engines should be planned too. It goes without saying that a tanker version should follow as well. When you have managed to fly a plane it is only natural to make versions of it with 80% commonality.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,906
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is it tailless to reduce RCS and at the same time carries missiles on pylons and with exposed exhaust at the back?

I don't know about this one. And the source being "Yeni Şafak" makes it a bit dubious for me.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is it tailless to reduce RCS and at the same time carries missiles on pylons and with exposed exhaust at the back?

I don't know about this one. And the source being "Yeni Şafak" makes it a bit dubious for me.

It should optionally fly with outside weapons, it is a common thing.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,712
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pylons are optional it will be used when stealth isn't needed.
anka3.jpg

Red lines show the size of the body. It is really big compared to wings. It will have a lot of volume for internal bays. It will also produce a lot of lift. Smaller wings also mean more responsiveness and better agility. Green shows the slight curvature at the back and as the body will be producing a lot of lift this also contributes stability and flight characteristics of the aircraft. Shorter wings might also be a hint for a possible carrier version. The engine nozzle will produce some RCS. It looks like a very robust and practical design. it slightly trades off some stealth from the backside for better aerodynamics and functionality.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Pylons are optional it will be used when stealth isn't needed.
View attachment 51811

Red lines show the size of the body. It is really big compared to wings. It will have a lot of volume for internal bays. It will also produce a lot of lift. Smaller wings also mean more responsiveness and better agility. Green shows the slight curvature at the back and as the body will be producing a lot of lift this also contributes stability and flight characteristics of the aircraft. Shorter wings might also be a hint for a possible carrier version. The engine nozzle will produce some RCS. It looks like a very robust and practical design. it slightly trades off some stealth from the backside for better aerodynamics and functionality.
I feel like by leaving the engine nozzle outside, they also left room to update it in the future with more stealthier design

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 714
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Don't lose hope on the engine nozzle, X-47A and Su-70 drones had the same thing until their engine nozzles got modified later. It might be the same case later for this drone.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,134
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Anka3 showed itself. Engine start in April, followed by the first flight

View attachment 51809 View attachment 51810

Source: Yenişafak

Are we sure about this is the design. I mean it is hella ugly with a lot of uneven spots. Also makes no sense to show it with bombs under its wings, that is just ridiculous for a winged shaped stealth platform…

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,134
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I am pretty sure this is fan art. It has too many ridiculous aspects. TAI would never produce something like this.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,906
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are we sure about this is the design. I mean it is hella ugly with a lot of uneven spots. Also makes no sense to show it with bombs under its wings, that is just ridiculous for a winged shaped stealth platform…
Yes. Why would they promote their flying-wing with a sloppily made rendering/illustration with pylons on the wings. You can say it's optional but you would leave them out for stealth features to be seem more pronounced. It doesn't compute for me.

I'm gonna wait for TAI to reveal the images themselves.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems the engine nozzle is designed to be embedded in the body from the bottom but visible from the top or sides from the the image angle so Radar electromagnetic pulses coming from certain angles stationed on the ground will not be able to reach nozzle so RCS can be protected up to certain angles.

Second, the body lines under the fuselage are heavily cambered. You can also notice this camber on the landing gear hatches. This is an indication that there is serious space inside the hull and it has been designed in accordance with the effective use of internal weapon stations. Weapon integrated at external weapon stations during peacetime will be transfered inside the hull under wartime conditions. The big hatches under the body belong to the inner gun slots. the smaller ones are for the landing gear.

The shaped bow is designed for AESA radar integration and I think that the next block of Anka-3 will probably come with 2xTf10000.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Pretty sure this is real considering the nose gear design. I could be proven wrong. But a lot of you people are focused on "looks". I don't see any of the problems some of you have pointed out. The render is really well made and is not sloppy whatsoever. I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. Where are the uneven spots? What are the "ridiculous" aspects exactly? It having underwing pylons? Maybe they're showing off what it CAN do instead of what it WILL do. Some of you need to chill 😂

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Picture is a drawing, look under the right wing.
And also nationality marks are also wrong. Our nationality marks on the F35-A is different from this.
Images not officially released by TUSAS, probably just cheap media propaganda. I don't trust Yeni Şafak.
1671869323278.png

Attachments

• anka3.jfif
    232.8 KB · Views: 69

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Picture is a drawing, look under the right wing.
And also nationality marks are also wrong. Our nationality marks on the F35-A is different from this.
Images not officially released by TUSAS, probably just cheap media propaganda. I don't trust Yeni Şafak.
View attachment 51815
The image is really close to the actual thing. Dağılabilirsiniz arkadaşlar.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
These pictures seem to be cutouts from another picture and some edge details are lost. I think this is best seen from the tail section. There seems to be more structure at the tail section that is not in the picture.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,561
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

it is optional, as you can see it also has a big internal bay

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom