Reactions
8 2,050
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Picture is a drawing, look under the right wing.
And also nationality marks are also wrong. Our nationality marks on the F35-A is different from this.
Images not officially released by TUSAS, probably just cheap media propaganda. I don't trust Yeni Şafak.
View attachment 51815
If you remember, the Tayfun missile was published for the first time in a trumped news company. Therefore, it is necessary to be cautious, these are the newspapers and agencies close to the government.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,050
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engine nozzle and pylons are the first things that caught my eye. The pylons are probably for demonstration purposes only.

By the way, is the coating on it leather or ram? Joke.

It will be much better in the future, I am sure of that.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 5,067
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
a few points.

1. This is an international forum with no verification. People could make all sorts of claims. He might have seen it, he might not have seen it.
He is not a new member. He's been interacting with us and been providing his insight ever since. No reason to doubt him. If he says he's seen it, he's seen it.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,050
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its real image will be much more beautiful and imposing. It looks like a toy in these pictures. This kind of drone is something we've done for the first time, like Kızılelma. The future will be beautiful.

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't use unmanned aircraft as a deep strike weapon - it cannot work without communication with the ground.
It baffles me how the TAF thinks they can use an unmanned aircraft as a deep strike weapon to destroy enemy air defence..

The Americans used the F117, the B-2 Spirit, and now the B-21 Raider - these systems are all manned.
They are manned for a reason, they must be able to enter enemy airspace without detection and operate independently from the ground.

During Operation Desert Storm, the Americans used the F117, for the F117s to maintain their stealth capability and evade Iraqi AD, crew onboard couldn't even use radios to report progress..
I don't understand how ANKA 3 will be used as a deep strike weapon...

It's kind of pointless to develop another stealth jet UAV when we already have Kizilelma. TAI should put its resources elsewhere to be honest..

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,405
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can't use unmanned aircraft as a deep strike weapon - it cannot work without communication with the ground.
It baffles me how the TAF thinks they can use an unmanned aircraft as a deep strike weapon to destroy enemy air defence..

The Americans used the F117, the B-2 Spirit, and now the B-21 Raider - these systems are all manned.
They are manned for a reason, they must be able to enter enemy airspace without detection and operate independently from the ground.

During Operation Desert Storm, the Americans used the F117, for the F117s to maintain their stealth capability and evade Iraqi AD, crew onboard couldn't even use radios to report progress..

It's kind of pointless to develop another stealth jet UAV when we already have Kizilelma. TAI should put its resources elsewhere to be honest..
TB2s utilize all kinds of shenanigans for stealth and they achieve some amount of success. And they are not even built for it. Stealthy design, autonomy, decoys, diversions... I think it will work. If you use these things without damaging or destroying enemy radar network with HARM equivalents, it's your fault anyways.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,050
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

After Hürjet, Tisu and TF10000, TF20000 are finished, it will take 1 month to make a manned Tisu like B-2 spirit. :D :p

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,272
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

The Americans used the F117, the B-2 Spirit, and now the B-21 Raider - these systems are both manned.

The point of deep strike missions is to hit predetermined high value targets... There is no need to communicate with the UAVs. Furthermore, developments such as KERKES mean that our UAVs will be able to operate without GPS. This includes finding and destroying dynamic targets fully autonomously. That said, Anka 3 will be used to hit command centres, bunkers, hangars, SAM sites, artillery sites, runways and other strategically important locations deep in enemy territory.

The fact that no pilot is at risk means that unlike the B2, the Anka 3/TISU will be used readily. Not to mention the low cost. Imagine how scary it would be to have an enemy with a fleet of unmanned mini stealth bombers. These things will be a real nuisance to any foe that is stupid enough to test the patience of the Turkish Armed Forces.

E

Era_shield

For fixed and AI-identifiable targets it doesn't need to communicate with anything. For targets of opportunity or other types of missions, it can communicate via satellites. Only a country with tech like the US could detect and locate those communications. Also, the new B-21 bomber does have an unmanned variant.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I think u r not right. Many structures place known and they not mobile. Since the Iraq invasion many think change like image recognition. For example u can target an enemy ships, mobile assets according to its visual ,electro magnetic, radar signature. So our unmanned platforms can easily search them continuously with comparing its database. Please don't forget For radars we use anti radar ammunition they search their targets passively like drones. So we send our drones for deep strike at land of enemy for risky operations. We don't need to control or communicate them continuously. New era start, new tactics and requirements must be applied. We have to write, learn this tactics before our enemy .

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,618
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

1671884922134.png

-in fact F 117 had no radar as well
-it was navigating primarily by GPS and HA inertial navigation
-targeting was done by termal imaging infrared/a laser range finder and laser designator
-primary weapons were either GPS/INS or laser guided
-Missions were coordinated by an automated planning system that can automatically perform all aspects of an attack mission, including weapons release.

So in short F 117 was one of the first stealth UAVs with a man sitting in it, which was almost 40 years ago

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,925
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw, I see comments that the newspaper has a criminal record for making too much news with fabricated images.

Yes. Not that I don't believe people like @MADDOG and @Radonsider but fore me its more so how this one newspaper got their hands on those pictures. It looks like similiar to the 3D models TAI has on its website for its products. This someone just rip the model from TAI servers and service it to certain people?

I'm certain we are looking at ANKA-III but the way this has happened just irks me the wrong way.

This 100% was not approved.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,475
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
President Erdoğan: "We are launching Anadolu, the largest ship of the navy, for use next year. Serial production of Kızılelma begins, we are removing our National Combat Aircraft from the hangar."

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
New şimşek variant are coming….If it has the sea skimming capability thats what I am waiting for a long time,so we can test our gökdeniz and Hisar-D,and this make a real test for subsonic anti ship missiles.
You need to post it as it is written with a link to the original source.
Try copy paste.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,941
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Below is a schematic of the B-2. It will be a reference to answer many questions (including radar placement). Regarding the project, ANKA-3 is a very important threshold for the Turkish aerospace industry. Once the ANKA-3 is operational: it will only be a matter of time and resources to build a manned tailless stealth bomber on a much larger scale.

Northrop-B-2---Skizze.jpg

1 nose gear door
2 Hydraulic nose wheel control
3 Rolling headlight
4 Double nose wheel, retractable to the rear
6 Left antenna of Hughes AN/APQ-181 radar
7 Air data sensors under fuselage
10 "Instant start" switch,
13 Center console
14 Rotatable weapon holder in weapon bay
20 Hughes AN/APQ-181 radar antenna
21 Boundary layer gap plate, air intake
22 Right engine inlet
23 Front wing tank
24 Right wing tank
25 Rear wing tank
26 Outer primary control elevon
27 Right spread rudder
28 Carbon fiber wing planking
29 Elevon hydraulic actuators
30 EW (Electronic Warfare) antennas
31 S-shaped air ducts
32 Secondary air inlets
34 Rear pressure bulkhead of cockpit
35 Wing interior secondary elevon
36 Right engines
37 Rotatable air refueling nozzle,extended
38 Left weapon bay
39 Nuclear weapon B61
40 Nuclear weapon B83
41 Weapon shaft spans
42 Rear transverse frame of the weapon shaft
43 Upper fuselage spar, guide for cables and lines
44 GE F118-GE-100 turbofan engines, without afterburner
45 Weapon bay doors, open
46 Flaps, access to engine and equipment bays
47 Shaft for air-conditioning control system, left and right
48 Boundary layer gap plate
49 Left engine inlet
50 Left and right hydraulic shaft
51 Auxiliary gas turbine
52 Auxiliary power unit (APU) outlet
53 EW antenna (electronic warfare)
54 One-piece main landing gear door
55 RAM-covered wing leading edge
56 Left main landing gear wheel swing arm (four wheels)
57 Landing lights mounted on landing gear strut
58 Retractable strut
59 Pivot point of main landing gear strut
60 Engine exhaust nozzles
61 Rear wing tank
62 Hydraulic power cylinders for the spoilers
63 Left inner spoilers
64 Radar warning receiver
65 Left combined engine exhaust
66 Rear central fuselage fuel tank
67 Navigation antenna
68 Hydraulic working cylinders for the "beavertail
69 Central equipment shaft
70 "Beaver tail" control surface, pitch trim and compensation for gusts
71 Thrust nozzle shielding
72 Right combined engine outlet
73 Outer spoiler
74 Retractable vent

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,941
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There will be many innovations on the data communication side of the next generation fighter jets. This is already a major headache for the US Air Force. Here is very good article about it:

While Raptors can receive over the Link 16 network—the standard across US and NATO aircraft—it can’t transmit over the system. Instead, it uses the F-22-only Intra-Flight Data Link (IFDL).

While USAF presses on with TAC- Link 16, it’s looking for industry to supply a quick means to bridge fourth and fifth generation aircraft.

The Link 16 system, which dates back to the development of the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System starting in the mid-1970s, broadcasts on a frequency that can easily be picked up by enemy signals intelligence. New systems transmit data in a more stealthy manner.

Boeing’s secretive Phantom Works division is testing a program allowing the F-22 to communicate securely with its fourth generation air superiority counterpart, the F-15C Eagle. The US Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) office in Air Combat Command worked alongside Boeing’s Phantom Works to develop Talon HATE: a communications translator pod carried on the F-15C. The 17-foot, 1,844-pound pod includes an adaptive sensor, multidomain information processor, and a network communications gateway that allows the Eagle to communicate with the F-22 securely over a common data link, according to Boeing.

“They offer a giant leap forward in tactical fighter capability with real-time connectivity and expanded information sharing,” Sampson said. “Boeing demonstrated secure data link connections between F-15Cs and F-22s in a way that integrates information for the pilot in a common operating picture.”

Northrop Grumman has pitched a different way to help F-22s and F-35s securely talk in flight, by adding another aircraft—Northrop suggests its own RQ-4 Global Hawk—to fly in the area with its “Freedom 550” radio. This “production-ready … software-defined” radio is built using avionics Northrop developed for both the F-35 and F-22. That means the system can translate among IFDL, MADL, and Link 16.

Northrop tested the radio through more than 400 flight hours in 2014 as part of an Air Force-sponsored experiment called the Jetpack Joint Capability Technology Demonstration.

In February 2017, the company conducted a trial with the United Kingdom Royal Air Force, integrating the radio with the F-35B and Typhoon FGR4 aircraft. During the UK Ministry of Defense-funded trial, called Babel Fish III, Northrop’s system translated F-35B messages to Link 16, which was received by the Typhoon.

The demonstration was the first time non-US fifth and fourth generation aircraft have shared stealthy data, according to Northrop.

“Being able to network sensor data between fifth generation and fourth generation fast-jets and other battlespace assets in a stealthy matter is critically important to enabling the full capability offered by fifth generation aircraft,” said Andrew Tyler, the chief executive of Northrop Grumman Europe, in a statement announcing the demonstration.

The F-22’s inability to share data has been an issue afflicting USAF operations since the fleet became operational. Some have speculated that the lack of stealth data sharing kept the Raptor from participating in the 2011 air campaign in Libya.

In July 2017, all types of USAF stealth aircraft—F-22s, F-35As, and B-2 bombers—participated in a Red Flag exercise at Nellis AFB, Nev. Marine Corps F-35Bs participated, as well. Pilots needed to talk with each other over “secure voice” systems as the jets flew “strategic attack scenarios” against an integrated air defense system, said Capt. Neil M. Fournie, the advanced warfighting chief of the 414th Combat Training Squadron.

Because the F-35 does have the the ability to share over Link 16, it was a more capable “quarterback” in that fight, when the battle was taking place in a “permissive” environment. During Red Flag 17-1, five months earlier, F-35As from Hill AFB, Utah, flew with British Typhoons to take out a “high-value target” in a training exercise. The F-35 pilots used Link 16 data to communicate with the Typhoons, while also using MADL to share a greater level of data, stealthily, with other F-35s.

“The thing that’s great about having Link 16 and MADL onboard and the sensor fusion is the amount of situational awareness the pilot has,” said Lt. Col. George Watkins, commander of the 34th Fighter Squadron at Hill, in a release about the mission. “I’m able to directly communicate with specific formations, and I can see the whole war and where all the players are from a God’s-eye view. That makes me more effective because I know who to talk with and at what times, over the secure voice.”

While the legacy Link 16 system lets F-35 pilots speak with older aircraft, the advanced system is the preferred method.

“It’s the data link that we use to communicate just between F-35s,” he said. “It’s a solid architecture and from my experience it’s been very stable. The pilots rely on it for fighting, and at night we fly what we call sensor formations and we use MADL to keep our situational awareness.”

Speaking last March, shortly after that Red Flag exercise, USAF Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein detailed this capability as he highlighted the need for next generation, multidomain command and control. F-35s, he said, were not only fusing information from other aircraft, but also from cyber and space assets that were participating in the exercise. The exercise included a combat search and rescue scenario, all while facing the threats of air defenses.

The F-35’s situation, as displayed on the pilot’s visor, was also “replicated in other command-and-control agencies,” which allowed the F-35 pilot to “perform as the quarterback of the joint team, as they went in to accomplish all of these simultaneous missions,” Goldfein said. “So when I talk to you about situational awareness, this was an example at the tactical level to produce operational effects.”

JB Langley-Eustis, Va., as one of the service’s major Raptor bases, has hosted premiere fighters of close allied air forces in training missions meant to ensure they can cooperate on “Night One” of a major operation. The first of two Atlantic Trident exercises in 2015 brought together United Kingdom Eurofighter Typhoons, French Dassault Rafales, and USAF F-22s in an attempt to “get back into high-end training,” Royal Air Force Chief of Staff Air Chief Marshal Sir Andrew Pulford said at the outset of the exercise. The war game focused on logistics and getting the aircrews acquainted in operating together, including addressing issues of communication in the air.

In April 2017, the three types of advanced jets came back together at Langley for the second iteration of the exercise and to build on the initial progress. For the second round, the Air Force also sent F-35As. The pilots needed to refine their communication and tactics, so they would be ready for “Night One interoperability,” then-1st Fighter Wing Commander Col. Peter M. Fesler told Air Force Magazine. The aircraft flew 510 sorties together over three weeks.
“All these aircraft have tremendous capabilities, but if we don’t plan them and integrate them and understand each other’s capabilities and limitations—and use them to their full potential—then we could lose in any combat scenario,” said Lt. Col. Brad Bashore, commander of the 58th Fighter Squadron.
The possibilities for improved secure communication and data sharing will touch the Air Force’s mobility community, as well.

Air Mobility Command chief Gen. Carlton D. Everhart II floated an idea at AFA’s Air, Space & Cyber Conference last September that USAF’s 11,000-plus mobility aircraft, including KC-135s, KC-10s, and soon KC-46s, could link F-22s and F-35s during combat operations. “Why not use them as relay platforms?” Everhart asked.

Tankers could automatically offload data collected by F-35 and F-22 sensors, freeing up the fighters’ onboard cache, while also getting intelligence and surveillance data to analysts in a timely manner.

All of these programs, tests, and evaluations are aimed at near-term solutions, addressing as well problems being faced in ongoing combat operations, but, as Holmes said, they amount to a “bunch of Rube Goldberg gateways.” For the longer-term, the Air Force wants holistic communication and data sharing.
The Air Force’s Air Superiority 2030 Flight Plan, completed in the spring of 2016, outlined current and future threats to readiness. As directed under the plan, USAF is conducting an Advanced Battle Management System analysis of alternatives due to be completed in 2018. It will include the next generation of networks and radios. In addition, the plan calls for a development effort focused on agile communications, including adaptable networks for operations in “highly contested” environments.

“The agile communication capabilities-based assessment is defining communication gaps that the Air Force must mitigate in (anti-access/area-denial) environments in the 2030-plus time frame,” Harris told lawmakers. “The outcome of each of these efforts will inform the path forward for communications capabilities that enable interoperability across the A2/AD environment.”

Click here for the full article

Kitra

Reactions
2 207
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
There will be many innovations on the data communication side of the next generation fighter jets.
There is already an innovation in plain sight on this subject. It is called Starlink which allows gigabit communication, very low latency and to top it of, you have a AESA radar in the sky rendering all 5th gen fighters fully visible. From Mr Sunnetci's article today, it seem like Ukrainians used Starlink to control the surface drones that attacked the Russan Sevastapol harbor a few week ago.

I believe that Baykar/Fergani have a similar ideas to to strengthen their core business.

Link

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom