Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,562
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
We have developed a system called IRST, which allows you to see the other side in the airspace without seeing you, for our Kızılelma and for the National Combat Aircraft Kaan. We named it KARAT.

Ahmet Akyol | ASELSAN CEO

KIZILELMA will have IRST?
Yes, KARAT is an unified IRST system for national aircrafts of Turkey, you can see the platforms on the brochure
F1Pt5dTXoAEnuKm.png

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kizilelma will not be KAAN's wingman unless politics forces TAI to do so. And TAI will not be on the sidelines when they have a product in production just because some other company did it too. This is not how our industry has worked. There has always been competition within the industry. Sometimes there was too much (land vehicles) and sometimes there was not enough.

Not only is it a logical step, it's also smart to keep engineers busy and in the company. And it's really good to have the teams that worked on X in product Y now building the bigger/better version of whatever part they worked on before for the next big thing.

KE will be its own product, own category but TAI has the upper hand when it comes to KAAN. I dont know if thats to much speculation but if we eventually get 100 KAANs then TAI can expect 100-200 or so orders of the upcoming wingman. Billions worth of orders just in the domestic market. Plus for every export customers highly relevant too.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kizilelma will not be KAAN's wingman unless politics forces TAI to do so. And TAI will not be on the sidelines when they have a product in production just because some other company did it too. This is not how our industry has worked. There has always been competition within the industry. Sometimes there was too much (land vehicles) and sometimes there was not enough.

Not only is it a logical step, it's also smart to keep engineers busy and in the company. And it's really good to have the teams that worked on X in product Y now building the bigger/better version of whatever part they worked on before for the next big thing.

KE will be its own product, own category but TAI has the upper hand when it comes to KAAN. I dont know if thats to much speculation but if we eventually get 100 KAANs then TAI can expect 100-200 or so orders of the upcoming wingman. Billions worth of orders just in the domestic market. Plus for every export customers highly relevant too.
The best way is Baykar can be the export version and TUSAS produce much better version for our armed force

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,647
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't think we should go down that rabbit hole. That's clearly dumbing down for the audience and actual meaning is "high tech exports are better than fruits." No need to read too much into it.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Akinci 20-25 millions per unit and KE 35-40 millions per unit. (aircraft only)
When weapons logistics and training is included, it could go up to 40 millions per Akinci and 60 millions for KE.

Spending more than that on such platforms would be uneconomical for countries like BD.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Anka-4 will spell the end for manned fighters. If you want to kill Hürkuş, Hürjet and even Kaan go ahead
Being technologically supperior to your enemy is the best outcome one can wish for.

However, personally i dont think Anka 4 will be superior to 5th gen aircrafts but Anka 5 or later will definitely be a strong opponent to any manned fighter. So, your prediction seem to be off with 5-10 years in my opinion.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Being technologically supperior to your enemy is the best outcome one can wish for.

However, personally i dont think Anka 4 will be superior to 5th gen aircrafts but Anka 5 or later will definitely be a strong opponent to any manned fighter. So, your prediction seem to be off with 5-10 years in my opinion.
Right, but the US has not yet developed an unmanned fighter for some reason.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Right, but the US has not yet developed an unmanned fighter for some reason.
And what that got to do with Turkey?

Also, i believe that you are wrong on your assumption. USA most certainly have high degree of autonomous drone control together with real-time control of their drones via Starlink.

Them being not open about this is understandable since it would kill their sale of expensive fighters and give the enemy (China) to prepare for it.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Anka-3 first flight delay is due to faulty engine. Unknown whether it will repair or replaced altogether. Don’t expect a flight soon.

Source: Yusuf Akbaba

Turkiye can build good aircrafts but we are still laking in engines unfortunately. If we had started earlier we would not be in that position. Apart from our MALE UAV’s, all our other aircrafts are using foreign engines.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom