Last edited:

fushkee

Reactions
4 212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still believe that for such a big project like MIUS, there is, at the least a posibility that Baykar has been getting technical and informational support from TAI about structure, aerodynamic, etc.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still believe that for such a big project like MIUS, there is, at the least a posibility that Baykar has been getting technical and informational support from TAI about structure, aerodynamic, etc.
If there is such a thing they will surely make a mention of it along the way.

fushkee

Reactions
4 212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The thing that makes me think, TAI has been dealing with many things like structural, aerodynamics, production process, etc. to be able to shape and procude such a aircraft and has bbeen beuilding massive test centers and laboratories suc as lightening test, wind tunnels, etc.

I have many questions in my mind :rolleyes:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The thing that makes me think, TAI has been dealing with many things like structural, aerodynamics, production process, etc. to be able to shape and procude such a aircraft and has bbeen beuilding massive test centers and laboratories suc as lightening test, wind tunnels, etc.

I have many questions in my mind :rolleyes:
TAI are making planes 8 times more expensive, it is only natural to test them in the lab. Baykar on the other hand are making planes that are a fifth of the weight, a fraction of the cost and in a fraction of the time. It is only natural if Baykar tests its plane against real lightning strikes, against real air pressure, against real G forces without suffering major costs.

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI are making planes 8 times more expensive, it is only natural to test them in the lab. Baykar on the other hand are making planes that are a fifth of the weight, a fraction of the cost and at a fraction of the time. It is only natural if Baykar tests its plane against real lighting strikes, against real air pressure, against real G forces without suffering major costs.
Where do you get your information about that tai is making the 8 times the cost of Baykar?? Especially TUSAŞ has past experience on everything and many laboratories already??
Don't comment with out having a proper info. By the he way we all know even though Baykara says they are making 93 percent local, it is much below 80-85 percent!

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I guessed it will be MIUS/Kızılelma mini loyal wingman. In addition, they chose a name that will be talked about for a long time.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
IP AF-322F engine has been getting planned for MIUS but there is no certainty after UKR-RUS war. I think Baykar thinks about the alternatives.
But the only option will be from the West.
The close one is to use Honeywell/ITEC F-125.

But there was a project as I remembered that TEI had got a patent of TF-6000 engine. I don't know the situation of that.
As discussed before, should Ukrainian engines prove to be unattainable, then for subsonic flight, Honeywell F-124 or for supersonic flight, F-125 version will be ideal. Even the RR Adour turbomeca is an alternative should US would cause problems with the Honeywell engine; until TF6000 becomes available.

Lupus

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if the operator who will use MIUS will be able to use this UAV inside a 360-degree training simulation which has environmental awareness (HAVELSAN tech.) within and engage in a dogfight or carry out an operation? It would be marvelous but is it possible technological wise.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I wonder if the operator who will use MIUS will be able to use this UAV inside a 360-degree training simulation which has environmental awareness (HAVELSAN tech.) within and engage in a dogfight or carry out an operation? It would be marvelous but is it possible technological wise.

MIUS will be heavily AI-driven requiring little to no human interaction.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom