Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Snecma m88-2 is same diameter with ai322 just a bit longer and heavier. I just could not imagine capabilities of mius with that powerfull engine.
Looking at its size, could mius accomodate 2wvr and 4bvr missiles? What do you think?

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Snecma m88-2 is same diameter with ai322 just a bit longer and heavier. I just could not imagine capabilities of mius with that powerfull engine.
Looking at its size, could mius accomodate 2wvr and 4bvr missiles? What do you think?
Do u think french would sell u engines or you can really relay on them ?!

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,289
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
S-500/S-400 hunter :D, we are over Pantsir, Buk or S-300. We want next level...
Who can blame the Russians for not wanting to share their S-400 tech and know-how with Türkiye?

With the simplest UCAV yet with highly sophisticated electronics, we managed to humiliate the pride of Russian defence industry. Kizilelma will be the ultimate predator for such systems. We should also use the S-400 system available and study them to adjust the UCAVs accordingly.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do u think french would sell u engines or you can really relay on them ?!
Thats why i just used the world "imagine" to explain a potential capability.
The French is way more reluctant to supply those engines and even less reliable nato "partner" than US

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
8B378652-1313-4AAF-B1CF-629274229EFE.jpeg

astragan

Reactions
1 120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would assume that the first 3 units will be prototypes as previously seen on the Akıncı project. So, Baykar probably has at least 3 of the AI-25 engines. And, as far as I know, a squadron of F-16s consist of 20 in TuAF and a single squadron comprise of 3 or 4 teams. So, in order to establish a squadron, TuAF will have to purchase at least 20 of these or a minimum of 5 to make a team. So let's hope that Baykar has managed to secure at least 8 (+2 for redundancy) engines to build enough of these for efficient use of the air force. Once they get enough experience at subsonic speeds, these will hopefully be manufactured in dozens using supersonic engines.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Couldnt TEI build motorsich engine of mius under licence ?
@Yasar @Stuka @TheInsider @Cabatli_53 et al.

This is actually a pretty good question. We know that Ukraine needs urgently financial resources and the company itself is obviously not able to produce what we'd like to purchase from its catalogue anymore due to the ongoing war in the country. Is it possible to simply obtain licence? This way the company would still stay afloat and manage to survive the situation at hand. Does anyone have information on how Turkey is planning to overcome this obstacle?

Articles like this one below suggest a rather bleak future for our engine procurements:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom