Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thermal signature of TB2 - Very cool drone!
1650622717240.png

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
aksungur is very different in my eyes. what it needs is a little higher altitude and like a light mesa antenna. it makes a good sauce with a high flight time. with high altitude, the antenna range can reach ~1500 km

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
aksungur is very different in my eyes. what it needs is a little higher altitude and like a light mesa antenna. it makes a good sauce with a high flight time. with high altitude, the antenna range can reach ~1500 km

It's definitely missing the R/F element, perhaps Aselsan or Meteksan can develop a radar to which TAI can integrate it into the aircraft.

China's Tengden forinstance has a chin mounted MMW radar
1650635548799.png

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,047
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
wen aksungur with 24 mam l?
I'm sure we will see Aksungur with 20+ MAM-L/MAM-C in action soon. It's the perfect platform for it considering its flight endurance. If you think about it, Akinci & Aksungur complement each other quite nicely, their strengths are in different areas. I'm assuming that Turkish Aerospace's rumored jet powered drone (not JEMSAH) will complement MIUS much the same.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,603
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
using a squadron of aksungur drones instead of an AWACS plane?

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,525
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

Yeah but to fly higher it will need more powerful engines. Is TEI planning to develop more powerful Turbodiesel engines ?

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The French admired the Bayraktar TB-2 concept. They want to copy our concept

I wouldnt believe this without seeing a French source. I dont believe in Turkish media anymore on this matter excuse me.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,603
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom