Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,055
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I think MIUS B will be ready with its AESA+EW+EOTS sensor fusion and gokdogan BVR by 2026.
We've had many surprises recently with some projects going much faster than expected. As one of the high priority projects, it could be ready much sooner than we anticipate. It is at the end of the day the closest thing we have to a stop gap solution until TFX is ready.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,087
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
images (4) (31).jpeg

MIUS Kizilelma is so streamlined it reminds me of a shark.

So beautiful and so deadly.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,087
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What a beast. Those who said that the Turkish Air Force will be outmatched due to Greece's shopping spree have shut their tongues. Kizilelma + Anka III + MMU/TFX will be a scary combo. But even the Kizilelma by itself presents a terrifying new reality for all our enemies. I'm not sure when it will be 100% combat ready, but if it is within a year, we have our stop-gap fighter problem solved. Furthermore, enemy pilots now need to contend with literal "sky terminators" with no fear, no miscalculations and no chance of passing out due to high G turns.

We live in an era where machines will do most humans cant do.

Humans need to eat, sleep, they get tired and also need sex 🤣

You dont get that with a machine.

Machine will terminate its targets and not worry about being tired or the need to sleep.

Also humans are not made for the sky and the human body has limitations.

Humans have an instinct of fear. Many will also back out while a machine has nothing to lose.

Terminator is no longer fiction its real.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,028
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
How does something like this compare with a modern F16? If both were up in the air what would the likely outcome be?

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,267
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if we discount TFX, it seems TAF will be the premiere power in the region.

Just think about it: Kızılelma doing dogfighting, while Akıncı and TAI MIUS stay back loaded with BVRAAMs. Now add layered air defense. And all the naval programs. And the missile programs. And sattelites.

If unmanned systems fail, I think TAF will have enough Hurjets.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
How does something like this compare with a modern F16? If both were up in the air what would the likely outcome be?

KE will win with BVR engagement, first of all it is made of composite materials not metal, second it is stealthy. Should see it like F35 against F16, when the F16 see it thats to late. KE would all fired his missile and F16 would have to defence.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if we discount TFX, it seems TAF will be the premiere power in the region.

Just think about it: Kızılelma doing dogfighting, while Akıncı and TAI MIUS stay back loaded with BVRAAMs. Now add layered air defense. And all the naval programs. And the missile programs. And sattelites.

If unmanned systems fail, I think TAF will have enough Hurjets.
Don't expect KIZILELMA to engage in dogfights anytime soon. Just shoot and scoot. Why risk getting a lock-on when you're stealthier than your opponent?

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,267
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't expect KIZILELMA to engage in dogfights anytime soon. Just shoot and scoot. Why risk getting a lock-on when you're stealthier than your opponent?
I get your point, but if the plane can do 20Gs and avoid missiles, why not send some to 'pin down' enemy aircraft while Anka 3 sends Gökdoğans from safe distance.

Keep in mind I'm talking about +100 planes in the air from each side. Mass aerial combat.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,847
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I get your point, but if the plane can do 20Gs and avoid missiles, why not send some to 'pin down' enemy aircraft while Anka 3 sends Gökdoğans from safe distance.

Keep in mind I'm talking about +100 planes in the air from each side. Mass aerial combat.
The wellbeing of our drones is important. They're gonna become sentient soon. :cool: 😂

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom