DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Well with "it seems" you are already declaring your opinion and not something factual, I guess all the countries ordering the TB2 are a bit in disagreement with you. Quality does not show on photo's, it shows herself on the battlefield. On picture the French Neuron looks quite impressive and quality but what is quality if it remains off battlefield?

Secondly drones are still in evolution form compared to the long years that jet fighters already have behind and drones are catching up in dazzling speed.

The MQ-1 and MQ-9 looks indeed nice and are probably also nice drones, but can you tell me in which war they have shined?
Bro, MQ9 got the longest combat record!
And this is the very first drone to be used extensively in multiple wars.
And still to this day, MQ9B is the finest combat drone out there.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Latest deals indicate $17 million usd per TB2 (however, this likely includes training, technical support and ammunition)

Those days of TB2 selling for $6 million are long gone
Are we talk about export or domestic?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bro, MQ9 got the longest combat record!
And this is the very first drone to be used extensively in multiple wars.
And still to this day, MQ9B is the finest combat drone out there.
Which wars? Can you sum them? By my knowledge only used extensively in Afghanistan and some use in Syria (only in taking out some ISIS operatives, not war). When we count the number of tank and AD system kills than MQ9 does not even come close to Tb2.

Its really interesting how despite having the ultimate champion ucav our people still find American drones more appealing

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan:

With the IHA-230, Turkey's first air-to-ground supersonic missile, which was first fired from our Bayraktar AKINCI UCAV, the target over 100KM was hit with a direct hit!

We continue to exceed the limits with our national engineering capabilities!

P.S. IHA-230 is the TRG-230 MLRS's UAV version

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan:

With the IHA-230, Turkey's first air-to-ground supersonic missile, which was first fired from our Bayraktar AKINCI UCAV, the target over 100KM was hit with a direct hit!

We continue to exceed the limits with our national engineering capabilities!

We are finally making guided artillery rockets air-launchable. The total warhead impact diameter of 6 TRG-230s is around 300 meters by 55-60 meters, which can destroy an entire military convoy in one sortie.

Boykaz

Reactions
1 121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akıncı flew 900+ km, hit the target, flew 900 km and returned, 1800+ km in total. 😯😯

Attachments

• akııncı.PNG
    akııncı.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • Ekran görüntüsü 2022-12-16 203510.png
    Ekran görüntüsü 2022-12-16 203510.png
    166 KB · Views: 59

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Akıncı flew 900+ km, hit the target, flew 900 km and returned, 1800+ km in total. 😯😯
The operational combat radius is about 3 times that at least. More than a year ago, the Bayraktar AKINCI flew for nearly 14 hours with a payload of 1,360 kg. During these endurance test flights, 7500 km were also covered in a single sortie.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess there is no open source information with Roketsan, so let's give an example from a very similar US counterpart so that it can be better understood what will be gained by making the artillery rocket air-launched: HIMARS M30/M31 GMLRS rockets strike their targets at the speed of Mach 2.5, or nearly 3,060 kilometers per hour. Therefore, when they have to reach a target 80 kilometers away, they spend some 90-94 seconds in the air before they hit their target.

When you make these rockets air-launchable, you gain two major advantages: First, the engagement time is considerably shorter, and second, the intelligence and marking unit can directly engage the target, making it impossible for the enemy force to avoid this attack.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just needs illumination of target by another uav,sida,platform or one person with laser pointer like aselsan engerek.Akıncı can be more in safe now..

S

-Sinan-

İngilizcem yetmediği için Türkçe yazıyorum sonra çevirebilirsem çeviririm.

Baykar'ın genel olarak daha ucuz üretim yöntemlerini seçtiği ortada gibi. Zaten öyle yapmasalar hem ucuz yapamazlar hemde istedikleri adetlerde üretemezler kolay kolay. Kızılelma daha prototip aşamasında olduğu için bir şey demek doğru olmaz ama büyük ihtimalle o da insanlı hava araçlarına göre çok daha fazla hata payıyla üretilecek ki maliyeti düşük olsun. Akıncı ve TB2 de hala daha o "mükemmel" üretim yok gibi. MQ-1 ve MQ-9'la karşılaştırınca aradaki fark bariz belli oluyor. Ama işte onlarda deli fiyatlara mal oluyorlar. Bence Baykar'ın yaptığı doğru olan gibi. kaliteye çok kasarlarsa süreçler çok uzar. Kızılelma'nın RCS konusuna gelince de dediğim gibi bence daha üstünde ciddi RCS azaltma çalışmaları yapılmamıştır, en fazla bilgisayar üzerinde simulasyonlar. Kızılelma üretime yaklaştıkça RCS düşürme işleri ciddiye biner zaten o zaman daha ince işler yapılır. Ama yine dediğim gibi bence RCS yi çok düşürmeye kasarlarsa maliyetleri aşırı yükseltirler. Bu iha 0.1- 0.05 m² RCS ye sahip olsa efsane olur zaten. İnsanlı bi araç gibi aşırı kasmaya gerek yok RCS yi. Baykar istese MQ-28 gibi bir üretimde yapabilir ama yani maliyeti uçururlar. Kötüleme amaçlı söylemiyorum bu arada yanlış anlaşılmasın.

It seems clear that Baykar generally chooses cheaper production methods. If they didn't do that, they wouldn't be able to make it cheap and they wouldn't be able to produce it in the quantities they want. Since the Red Apple is still in the prototype stage, it would not be right to say anything, but it will most likely be produced with a much higher margin of error than manned aircraft, so that the cost will be lower. Akıncı and TB2 still do not seem to have that "perfect" production. Compared to the MQ-1 and MQ-9, the difference is obvious. But here they come at crazy prices. I think what Baykar does is like the right thing. If they are too harsh on quality, the processes take too long. As I said about Kızılelma's RCS, I don't think serious RCS reduction studies have been done on it, mostly simulations on the computer. As Red Apple gets closer to production, RCS downgrades get serious, then finer work is done. But again, as I said, I think if they try to reduce the RCS too much, they will increase the costs excessively. This drone would be legendary if it had 0.1-0.05 m² RCS. There is no need to overstretch the RCS like a manned vehicle. Baykar can produce something like the MQ-28 if he wants, but they will increase the cost. View attachment 51409

View attachment 51408
I agree with you %100.

If let's say there is an aircraft made from cardbox and running on fart power and shaped like a turd named Gazjet. And let us suppose this Gazjet is capable doing everything a F-35 can do and reliable as it is. It should be obvious that Gazjet would be better than a F-35 purely because of it's simplicity and cost.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gurcan Okumus gived a interview wich channel i don't now but looks like another good news is coming. You can see it from Instra channel of reizz. :cool:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom