Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Exports: Malaysia 3(ordered), Kazakhstan 3, Tunisia 3, *Indonesia 12 (ordered), *Algeria 10(ordered), *Chad 2(ordered)

*Rumours not confirmed by offical sources.

If we take into account the rumoured exports we have 33 Ankas destined for exports, some already having been fulfilled, those ordered newly, 27 Drones, most likely haven't even hit the production line yet unless they divert drones meant for the TSK inventory.

According to the pictures we have now the 87th Anka is on the line most likely meant for TSK. So how many of those Ankas are actually in the inventory, some were shot down over Syria I believe it was one or two.

Also TAI doesn't seem to number export Ankas as seen in this picture of an Kazakhstan Anka
329.jpg

So unless TAI intenionally skips numbers when producing Anka there should be a good number of them in the inventory of the TSK.
There is a weird secrecy about Anka when it comes to how many we actually have in the inventory. Never understood it. I think no one has an actually clue.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Selçuk Bayraktar:

-Kızılelma is one of the first UCAV's of its kind.

-Weapons can be stored externally, on the wings, and on the IWB's. This reduces the aircraft's radar signature. As you know external ammunitions can have huge radar returns. Kızılelma has been designed with low observability in mind.

-Ever since her maiden flight Kızılelma has always taxied and lined up on the runway automatically, when we pressed a button she took off, and when a command was given the aircraft returned automatically as well. It can not only sense enemy aircraft in the vicinity thanks to her sensors, but it can also engage those aircraft automatically in case of a dogfight.

-The aircraft features high levels of autonomy. It employs advanced artificial intelligence algorithms.

-Kızılelma signifies the future of aerial warfare.

-She has more than 100 computers. If you look at the fuselage you'll see that it's not a very advanced fighter in that regard like the Akıncı and the TB-2. The importance lies with the millions of codes that were written and the computers that were designed. These are our computers as well, the TB-2 had 40 of them.

-Next in line is the Bayraktar TB-3.

-Fergani Space is focused on space tugs. These rockets, in a sense, will take you from your house to the bus terminal but from there onwards no services are provided to get you to your destination. We are currently developing the tugs in question.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
With all the knowledge Türkiye gathered over the years in drone technology, do you guys think that we will see a turkish Global Hawk one day?
Turkiye has everything to build "Global hawk" since is building 5 gen fighter and mutiple other drones , EXCEPT ENGINE .

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TF6000 has a bypass ratio 0f 1.08:1 while AE 3007C engine of Global Hawk has a bypass ratio of 5:1. Power levels of the engines are similar though which means the TF6000 can be converted to high bypass without too much effort.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The simulation of the AI prepared for KE, which will enable autonomous engagement, against a real fighter jet pilot in a simulation environment could create a sensational news story in the international aviation press.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The simulation of the AI prepared for KE, which will enable autonomous engagement, against a real fighter jet pilot in a simulation environment could create a sensational news story in the international aviation press.
The role of AI in maneuvering, intelligence gathering, mission planning etc. will certainly increase but I personally don't believe we or any country in the world will have weapons with autonomous engagement with no human in the loop. Not in the next 10 years, maybe even 20. The thing is software is buggy. No matter how capable your software team is, once the program is run in the real world with billions of unforeseen parameters, you can't simply verify and validate the software to not to do something stupid and cause catastrophic damages. You will have to have a person with a red button to give the last command. Anything before that can be automated but not the kill command. At least not in the next decade, imho. The real world is messy and cannot be truly simulated in computer.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't DARPA try something similar to that a few years back? Pilot vs AI in sim, two F-16s in a knifefight. AI won.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The mainstream media is really repeating the same things, they are not going beyond asking basic questions on the basis of the main platforms.

Reporters and defense editors are not even aware of the product itself, let alone asking about KAGEM's(which was just recently declasified) project goals. In fact, this type air-droppable uav projects could possibly involve a technological preparatory phase that includes the transformation into a UAV similar to the DARPA-supported X-61 concept. There are so many questions that can be asked, such as the approach and ramp exit speeds of aircrafts that preparing for navy, during the landing and take-off phases, stall limits, whether they can perform short-distance landings with typical load, and what fundamental differences are caused by the effect of navalizing on design criteria. Unfortunately, even there are no mainstream reporters who ask questions such as the avionics and different types of payloads that the TB-3 will carry, the new phases on capabilities to be realized with AKINCI-C, also for twin-engine KE, how many other projects are in progress that have not yet been declassified. Baykar whether have a roadmap for pesudo-satellite/exo-atmospheric aerial vehicles in the future with the Fergani initiative, which companies the constellation satellites project will involve cooperation with in connection with Fergani and its scope, and so on.

Our alternative medias defense/aerospace editors and valuable writers, who are the real workers of the sector, need to organize and collectively overwhelm Selçuk Bayraktar with more detailed questions.

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't DARPA try something similar to that a few years back? Pilot vs AI in sim, two F-16s in a knifefight. AI won.

That's a simulated environment, not the real world. And even if it was real world, a few instances of success over fighter jet pilot wouldn't mean anything.

The developers of the software cannot give the guarantee that the AI would behave as intended under all possible circumstances and not go haywire and start targeting non-millitary entities. Even if you geofenced the software and crippled its abilities, it still cannot be trusted to be unleashed into the real world, imo.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The role of AI in maneuvering, intelligence gathering, mission planning etc. will certainly increase but I personally don't believe we or any country in the world will have weapons with autonomous engagement with no human in the loop. Not in the next 10 years, maybe even 20. The thing is software is buggy. No matter how capable your software team is, once the program is run in the real world with billions of unforeseen parameters, you can't simply verify and validate the software to not to do something stupid and cause catastrophic damages. You will have to have a person with a red button to give the last command. Anything before that can be automated but not the kill command. At least not in the next decade, imho. The real world is messy and cannot be truly simulated in computer.
It may be a long way to go to demonstrate this in a real combat environment exercise, but I don't think it is that have same threshold to demonstrate it in a software-based simulation. The field of deep learning and artificial intelligence has been developing at an extraordinary pace in recent years. The TAF has thousands of hours of radar and engagement data from a wide variety of environments and scenarios. Especially over the Aegean Sea, and from air force exercises in Konya. I think even these records alone are an extraordinarily valuable resource. With deep learning, the running software can interpret this data and may predict possibilities which action the adversary will take in which situation and which envelope it will stay in or which maneuver pilot can perform, depending on manned jet's pilot training and human physiology/psychology. As far as I know, Darpa's work on Air Combat Evolution (ACE) also had a great deal of technical support from the air force.

While KE was still emerging as a project, one of the goals of the project was fully autonomous air-to-air engagement, and even though years have passed, Selçuk Bayraktar still expresses this ideal in almost every interview. Therefore, what I would like is for them to show the real strategic product behind the KE, that is, the stage of artificial intelligence studies, in a simulation environment, which could create a factor that would really huge news as the aircraft itself.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I doubt baykar can write a good AI for that, they need TUSAŞ's help they can pull that of with ease.
I'm not questioning BAYKAR's abilities. I doubt if Tusaş has more capabilities than Baykar in that regard. What i'm trying to convey is the sheer magnitude of the problem and buying into the hype often the companies or the media pump for various reasons. I'm not singling out Baykar. In my reasoning, american companies are equally incapable of delivering such software in the next decade. We'll see if this opinion will age well in time.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom