DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
dfgh.PNG

"From Bishkek to Shusha, from Shusha to Çorlu, almost the entire Turkish world is here."
"In the Turkish century, we will march together to Kızılelma."

(Graduation ceremony of AKINCI UCAV 8th term trainees with pilots from Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan)

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,052
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Armenians are getting ready for war.

Matter of time before Akinci actually becomes battle proven.

Tajikistan is also not happy with Kyrgzstan's buying of new drones.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,544
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KE looks like a jet fighter, but at its current specs it's tiny. KE A carries less than an F-5. It'll be some years before it's anywhere close where we want it to be, and that's okay.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
KE when furnished with TF6000 or even with a Ukranian AI322F engine should have a very decent MTOW figure that is higher than what is declared. This is a delta wing aircraft with a very good lift.

They are, at the moment giving an MTOW figure of 6000kg with a 3800lbf AI25TLT engine. AI322F will develop over 5500lbf in dry mode. This should increase KE’s performance with respect to MTOW and speed, drastically. TF6000 should make it even better when it is incorporated in to the plane.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,757
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KE when furnished with TF6000 or even with a Ukranian AI322F engine should have a very decent MTOW figure that is higher than what is declared. This is a delta wing aircraft with a very good lift.

They are, at the moment giving an MTOW figure of 6000kg with a 3800lbf AI25TLT engine. AI322F will develop over 5500lbf in dry mode. This should increase KE’s performance with respect to MTOW and speed, drastically. TF6000 should make it even better when it is incorporated in to the plane.
Ismail Demir has said that the twin engine configuration is being developed in parallel. Imagine what a beast it will become with two TF10000s. It will have more raw power(wet) than Gripen.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,732
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can pilots of TB2 since should be large in numbers , aslo fly the Akinci and kizilelma?
With just little more training ?
There may be different parameters for KE piloting, I don't know, but I think the transition from TB-2 to AKINCI piloting will be extremely easy. Trainees are already selected from personnel who have basic pilot training and in some countries even piloting experience. In other words, pilots with ATPL training. The trainings that take place at Baykar facilities should largely cover drone piloting related areas, the use of interfaces and hardware familiarization, computer programming and mission planning. So I think a pilot who already has a TB-2 pilot certificate can get AKINCI certificate with a short orientation process.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bayraktar operators can find a job anywhere in the world.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Why would TUSAS give techniques and info to Baykar ? Aren’t they competitors after all ? It won’t happen in my opinion.
If we are talking about an aircraft with low RCS, how it is manufactured is as important as the design. If Baykar can manufacture the Kızılelma as in the F35, I think it will make a significant improvments in the RCS. Maybe Baykar can learn this himself, but getting help from a company that knows this can speed up and increas quality of their work even more. Baykar can pay money this company for this. Just like TUSAŞ got help from BAE Systems on MMU.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,521
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
If we are talking about an aircraft with low RCS, how it is manufactured is as important as the design. If Baykar can manufacture the Kızılelma as in the F35, I think it will make a significant improvments in the RCS. Maybe Baykar can learn this himself, but getting help from a company that knows this can speed up and increas quality of their work even more. Baykar can pay money this company for this. Just like TUSAŞ got help from BAE Systems on MMU.

Oh yeah maybe taking TAI as a consultant, why not.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why TUSAŞ will give it's opponent a critical technology?? Especially why a tskgv company will help a private company?? Maybe TUSAŞ should focus on its own air to air UCAV!!

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Maybe TUSAŞ should focus on its own air to air UCAV!!
Does TUSAŞ already have a study on air-air mius that can directly compete with the Kızılelma? Or do TUSAŞ plan to start a study on this subject in the short or medium term? Maybe two companies are deliberately avoiding producing two alternative products directly to each other?
Especially why a tskgv company will help a private company??

In order to reveal better products in a shorter time that the end user can use. I think it's the SSB's job to coordinate these things.
Why TUSAŞ will give it's opponent a critical technology??

TUSAŞ may not want to help or Baykar may not see it necessary. What I want to say is that if Baykar received a consultation from TUSAŞ in exchange for money, in what subject would it be better for Kızılelma?

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does TUSAŞ already have a study on air-air mius that can directly compete with the Kızılelma? Or do TUSAŞ plan to start a study on this subject in the short or medium term? Maybe two companies are deliberately avoiding producing two alternative products directly to each other?

In order to reveal better products in a shorter time that the end user can use. I think it's the SSB's job to coordinate these things.

TUSAŞ may not want to help or Baykar may not see it necessary. What I want to say is that if Baykar received a consultation from TUSAŞ in exchange for money, in what subject would it be better for Kızılelma?
TUSAŞ has air to air UCAV project, after akp era. TUSAŞ will produce it.

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar doesn't like Tusaş. Their statements show that. They are on good terms with Roketsan and Aselsan, that's what happens when there is competition.
It's the other way around even though Tusas is more professional about it. One works with their own resources, while the other sucked the state's resources for years.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom