8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question.

From a safety (take off&landing on the runway of TCG Anadolu) point of view, wouldn't it be more appropriate to design the TB-3's wings wider but shorter?
One thing that's on my mind is, why are the wings of TB3, which will also land on the ship, thin? It would be good if there was some information about what was done during the design process. Baykar doesn't give much information on these issues

E

Era_shield

One thing that's on my mind is, why are the wings of TB3, which will also land on the ship, thin? It would be good if there was some information about what was done during the design process. Baykar doesn't give much information on these issues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(aeronautics)
1681135454102.png

In aeronautics, the aspect ratio of a wing is the ratio of its span to its mean chord. It is equal to the square of the wingspan divided by the wing area. Thus, a long, narrow wing has a high aspect ratio, whereas a short, wide wing has a low aspect ratio.[1]

Aspect ratio and other features of the planform are often used to predict the aerodynamic efficiency of a wing because the lift-to-drag ratio increases with aspect ratio, improving the fuel economy in powered airplanes and the gliding angle of sailplanes.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Selçuk Bayraktar:

TB3 performed thousands of virtual takeoff and landings on the Anadolu ship.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And you believe they didn't take those into account while designing and building TB3?
Who would think such a thing? I just wonder what they think. Unlike our other companies, Baykar does not say anything about these issues. It would be good to have some interviews on technical issues. The subject should not come back to issues such as state support, Tusaş, etc.

Edit = I still think that Baykar should have a CEO other than its owners, like in big companies.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are they calling it a drone ship? Its a Landing helicopter dock ship
Everyone has been calling it a drone carrier for months and months know, including all our officials. Stop trying to find something to shit on Baykar with for one day ffs. We don't have a plane to fly from it so we are going to use drones, which makes perfect sense btw, hence it is a drone ship.

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everyone has been calling it a drone carrier for months and months know, including all our officials. Stop trying to find something to shit on Baykar with for one day ffs. We don't have a plane to fly from it so we are going to use drones, which makes perfect sense btw, hence it is a drone ship.
Its a LHD not a drone ship

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It uses more helicopters than It uses drones :D

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom