Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,163
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Funny that you say this after canada sanctioning wescams...
Dude why can't you see that there is Aselsan with an acceptable quality CATS and with the new 500C much more improved sporting a 5.6K TV resolution and all other benefits.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Between Çakır and UAV-230, we'll have 2 options for different missions with 150+ km range for our heavy duty drones like Akıncı and Aksungur. How many air defense systems have longer range than that? Our drones can rain fire from relative safety with these missiles in a lot of situations except for the worst case ones, for which we just happened to be developing Anka-3.
There is also some very important points that needs to be remembered:

Çakır uses an air breathing engine for propulsion and is subsonic (0.75-0.85 Mach). It has been designed to sink a surface ship. At least take it out of commission. (it has a warhead weight of 70kg) It is expensive albeit not as much as an Atmaca. It has a sea hugging, maneuvering flight profile to stay away from enemy radar detection and CWIS fire.

UAV230 is a comparatively cheaper missile to attack surface positions with supersonic speeds. It relies on its high supersonic speed (around 4.2 Mach max) to avoid interception. it has less destructive power. (Warhead weight 42kg) . But carries more kinetic energy when striking it’s target due to it’s supersonic speed.

I am still pining for our TRG300 missiles being fired from F16 jets. Israeli f16s carry 4 of these to attack surface targets from stand off distances. They use them because they are “cheap” and “effective”.
It wouldn’t hurt to take a page out of their book once in a while.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where is your source for Mach 4.2 for UAV230?
Even Israeli rampage lists speed at Mach 1.1 approaching target. Not much of a threat even with 4 rampages to a modern AD.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
IWB of Kızılelma

Fv7ZRXGXwAAPd83.jpeg

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
So those photos prove, that this prototype has no IWBs and it is more like a technology demonstrator, to test the flight characteristics of a flying wing design, right?
Or do i not see the forest for the trees?
What TAI is doing is fast prototyping. You're correct in a sense. ANKA-3 will evolve over time.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,724
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where is your source for Mach 4.2 for UAV230?
Even Israeli rampage lists speed at Mach 1.1 approaching target. Not much of a threat even with 4 rampages to a modern AD.
If you read my post properly you would see that it is the maximum velocity this missile achieves. Due to it’s lower weight and being ballistic it would have a terminal velocity of just over 1Mach.
Just check page 20 post#394
Israeli rampage missiles have suppressed trajectories and perform manoeuvres to avoid ABMs. That negatively affect their terminal velocity.
Many ballistic missiles reach hypersonic speeds during mid course flight. But are subject to terminal velocity rules. Therefore during free fall they lose speed.
Above YouTube clip may sound far fetched . But considering the fact that we have improved a great deal since we first started producing ballistic missiles, and this missile is being launched from air, it can quite comfortably reach hypersonic speeds at mid course.

E

Era_shield

So those photos prove, that this prototype has no IWBs and it is more like a technology demonstrator, to test the flight characteristics of a flying wing design, right?
Or do i not see the forest for the trees?
Hard to say about the IWB's. This could be an ISR variant (there are no EWBs either). It's certainly a prototype though and there will be changes for the production version. It's not a technology demonstrator as the dynamics of a flying wing have already been pretty well characterised for a long time.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

interview about ANKA 3.

Short summary (feel free to correct me):

- The purpose of this prototype is to test the flyability (they already tested it with a smaller model)
- There are many countries, who want to develope this drone together with TAI (because it is not a well-known technology and hard to obtain)
- After this prototype, TAI will apply stealth features, like a hidden nozzle, RAM paint, etc.
- ANKA 3 will be a family of flying wing drones, there will be lighter and heavier versions, as well as a naval version (the idea of a naval version was known during the design phase)
- TAI has no problem to integrate different engines and sensors to ANKA 3 (a big plus for export)
- There will be a version with TOYGUN and AESA radar
- TAI can integrate all kind of sensors to ANKA 3, which they already have integrated to ANKA and AKSUNGUR

E

Era_shield

Short summary (feel free to correct me):

- The purpose of this prototype is to test the flyability (they already tested it with a smaller model)
- There are many countries, who want to develope this drone together with TAI (because it is not a well-known technology and hard to obtain)
- After this prototype, TAI will apply stealth features, like a hidden nozzle, RAM paint, etc.
- ANKA 3 will be a family of flying wing drones, there will be lighter and heavier versions, as well as a naval version (the idea of a naval version was known during the design phase)
- TAI has no problem to integrate different engines and sensors to ANKA 3 (a big plus for export)
- There will be a version with TOYGUN and AESA radar
- TAI can integrate all kind of sensors to ANKA 3, which they already have integrated to ANKA and AKSUNGUR
You covered most of it. A few others:

- Avionics are the same as in Anka and Aksungur but with different control law. Code is completely national.
- All systems including Anka and Aksungur have cooperative targeting/engagement with other platforms, manned and unmanned (including Kaan & Hurjet). Whole system is planned like this from the beginning.
- Two IWBs can hold 82/83 series bombs or similar, and maybe Cakir and similar. EWBs can hold 1 tonne. External SOM carriage may be possible.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We could use this little fella. I know Baykar has DİHA but this one is much more stealthy. If it can stay in the air for 2-3 hours and with a camera, it would be a great asset. Think about that, a subcloud, stealth, forward observer and designator UAV

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We could use this little fella. I know Baykar has DİHA but this one is much more stealthy. If it can stay in the air for 2-3 hours and with a camera, it would be a great asset. Think about that, a subcloud, stealth, forward observer and designator UAV
FQZ2M_2XMAE9Yan.jpg

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please correct me if I am wrong but Sinsi IHA will be a bigger aircraft. I referring subcloud and much smaller UAV, like this demonstrator. It is already in the air, that means a proven concept, why not develop something very useful out of it?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom