DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
85 8,525
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I hope those pylons can be ejected once the munition is launched, otherwise it is a really unnecessary hit to its radar signature.

How do you going to eject the FLIR?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
66 8,808
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope those pylons can be ejected once the munition is launched, otherwise it is a really unnecessary hit to its radar signature.
Doubt, it adds unnecessary complexity to the design. Maybe with Kaan in the future.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,205
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doubt, it adds unnecessary complexity to the design. Maybe with Kaan in the future.
Then it shouldn't have weapons stations outside at all. This is supposed to be our deep strike bomber, those pylons are detrimental to the role this drone should be used for.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
27 3,164
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Then it shouldn't have weapons stations outside at all. This is supposed to be our deep strike bomber, those pylons are detrimental to the role this drone should be used for.

Those pylons are optional. Stealth is not always necessary.
It will be your fastest drone for air-to-ground attack. Yes, we could argue about KE being the fastest, but i am speaking about their speed regarding their primary roles (IMHO KE will be more air-to-air)
So why do you want to restrict your fastest drone only for stealth attacks?
This is still "only" a drone, which costs much less than a B-2 bomber.
AFAIK external pylons with ordinance can't be jettisoned by F-22 or F-35 too, only the ones with fuel tanks, because the pylons are attached on the tank, as i understand it.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,472
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Chill out, Tusas is only testing how the drone is reacting. In realtime war scenario TuAf will never going to use it like that :D.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,205
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Those pylons are optional. Stealth is not always necessary.
It will be your fastest drone for air-to-ground attack. Yes, we could argue about KE being the fastest, but i am speaking about their speed regarding their primary roles (IMHO KE will be more air-to-air)
So why do you want to restrict your fastest drone only for stealth attacks?
This is still "only" a drone, which costs much less than a B-2 bomber.
AFAIK external pylons with ordinance can't be jettisoned by F-22 or F-35 too, only the ones with fuel tanks, because the pylons are attached on the tank, as i understand it.
If stealth isn't necessary, it is completely unnecessary to use Anka-3. We have drones that can carry more and we have planes that have much more payload and much more faster. And if the stealth is necessary than those pylons are a hinderance. It is completely irrelevant that it won't cost as much as a B-2, it is still going to be an expensive drone, neither our budget nor our production capacity is limitless, risking it needlessly is just stupid.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
27 3,164
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And if the stealth is necessary than those pylons are a hinderance.

again

Those pylons are optional.

What do you not understand here?
And why do you "rage" over a prototype, which even doesn't have IWBs. This is just the first prototype of many that will be build, because there will be many versions of ANKA-3. And there will be one with more payload capacity than your current slow drones 😉

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,205
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
And there will be one with more payload capacity than your current slow drones 😉
Then we'll talk about it when it exists. Or we could be talking until cows come home about how awesome it is to have a drone as big as B-2 or whatever.

What do you not understand here?
And why do you "rage" over a prototype, which even doesn't have IWBs.
Nobody is raging, and I understand what you have written but TAI has shown it with pylons more than once, and I'm commenting on that. They have shown and flew with munition outside the plane and it is pointless for a flying wing aircraft, I'm pointing that out? What's so hard to understand about that?

This is just the first prototype of many that will be build, because there will be many versions of ANKA-3.
Again, then we'll talk about them when they exist. I am talking about the drone as it is shown right now.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
27 3,164
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am talking about the drone as it is shown right now.

Which is only the first prototype.

They have shown and flew with munition outside the plane and it is pointless for a flying wing aircraft

According to whom, only you? Since Lockheed Martin and USAF decided to put external pylons on stealth platforms, it doesn't seems pointless at all.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom