Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I watched that speech too - but didn't they say a few days ago, they won't provide heavy weaponry? like AD systems? maybe I got that wrong... if they will provide whole systems, other than portable ones ... the war will escalate even more I predict ... since Russia started threatening Scandinavian nations ...hmmm

The course of the war and the resistance of Ukraine may have changed their minds.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's very, very strange to be honest... if this continues, this war will spread very soon...
further - it reminds me of these false-flag oil tanker attacks in the gulf war
Mate it is not strange.

Those civilian ships HAVE Identifiers ON

Do you understand what this mean?

russia is shooting anything out there on international waters. There are no exuces here

4 ships now
and counting

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well,considering Ukrainian flags are shown on EU buildings and Russia expelled out of Eurovision,of course he is!
Im seriously perplexed by the passivness of the west in that regard, there is war on our doorstep that was started by a lunatic and everybody acts as if it was nothing.
Nothing learned from history...

L

LegionnairE

Well,considering Ukrainian flags are shown on EU buildings and Russia expelled out of Eurovision,of course he is!
Imagine all the thoughts and prayers man, I would be scared too

jokes aside, I expect the war to last until the end of march but for all we know, Kyiv might fall tomorrow and ukrainian government might capitulate. it will be an interesting few days

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
L

LegionnairE

Im seriously perplexed by the passivness of the west in that regard, there is war on our doorstep that was started by a lunatic and everybody acts as if it was nothing.
Nothing learned from history...
german politicians are probably more worried about the CO2 footprint of this war lol.

Captain_Azeri_76

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Mate it is not strange.

Those civilian ships HAVE Identifiers ON

Do you understand what this mean?

russia is shooting anything out there on international waters. There are no exuces here

4 ships now
and counting
you got me wrong my guy.... read my last post regarding this incident -

1. Russia on a suicidal mission
or
2. something is trying to drag nations into a bigger war -

so if it's the 1. points... yeah.. Russia is out of control - but is Russia that stupid?

to:

invade Ukraine -> threaten Scandinavia -> shooting civilian vessels in just 2 days hahaha that's insane

L

LegionnairE

The Russians are claiming their army is 70% equipped with modern standard weapons when the majority of their weapons are still soviet era junk (with only a portion modernized)...
Still much better than Ukraine which is %95 stuck in cold war.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
german politicians are probably more worried about the CO2 footprint of this war lol.
Germans are worried about their economic interests, its not even about being lefty or whatever its due to pressure from german corporations who would rather do business in Russa than in Ukraine.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,822
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
L

LegionnairE

Germans are worried about their economic interests, its not even about being lefty or whatever its due to pressure from german corporations who would rather do business in Russa than in Ukraine.
yeah I know, it was hyperbole

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
yeah I know, it was hyperbole
Kinda sad to see how the politicinas in a democracy became the playing ball of big corp. explains why the middle class is getting eradicated in germany.

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Day 1 of Combat 🧵, Takeaways from available information:

1.Russians broke with their own doctrine of relying on heavy, concentrated support fires. 1/

2.Failure to prepare the operational area with adequate preparatory fire to break up and destroy Ukrainian defenses was a critical hinderance 2/

3.Russians allowed themselves to dilute their own strength by advancing (and dividing their forces & fires) along 4 axis of advance. None were capable of achieving their objectives as a result. 3/

4.Insufficiently supported troops failed to achieve necessary tactical breakthroughs with strategic implications for the battlespace 4/

5.Airborne/Air Assault forces cannot operate well against even a semi-intact air defense network, or in contested airspace. 5/

6.Airborne/Air Assault insertions against superior local forces are an expensive waste of highly trained manpower. 6/

7.Commando actions ala Joachim Piper in the Ardennes 1944, in Kyiv, did not achieve much success. Commando infiltration of Kyiv a major success prior to operations – massive Ukrainian security failure. 7/

8.Russian morale is lower than expected. Some units appear to have anticipated being met with grateful Ukrainian crowds instead of stiff opposition. 8/

9.Leadership at the Platoon, Company & Battalion level highly questionable in some units based on behavior. 9/

10.Russian troops are ‘green’ overall, noticeable reluctance to dismount APCs/IFVs and provide infantry screen for the armor when in contact. Heavy resulting casualties vs man portablt anti-tank weapons 10/

11.Overall battleplan’s basic assumptions on opposition levels and Russian capability fundamentally flawed. Command & Control rigid and inflexible. 11/

12.Ukrainians delayed mobilization far too long. Decision not to hold on the Dnieper politically more viable than abandoning East Ukraine, but possibly a critical strategic failure militarily. 12/

@RealCynicalFox

Top Bottom