Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,743
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Finland is closing the door as EU will not let in large numbers of Russians pouring the rest of the EU countries:

And just for clarifying my position, I don't have anything against Russian citizens, I have made it clear in previous posts about brainwashing and oppresed citizens.
But we have to araise a point here.

They way to defeat the dictatorship at this moment is to protest agains it, Putin is trying to use them for political objectives, you'll be safer in a prison for a couple of days with some bruises, than going to the front to die while trying to kill other people you don't have anything against them.
Because we couldn't comprehend this, We host millions of Syrian refugees with no end in sight . The Europeans are doing the right thing.

Last edited:

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,558
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Don't be too harsh on the Russians.

You know, I can't exactly recall millions of Spanish citizens protesting and demonstrating against the Franco regime either. 😉

And why should they? General Franco (may his soul be blessed) saved Spain from turning into an absolute communist shithole and a USSR satellite like many countries in Europe and even Latin America itself. He ruled with an iron hand for many years but he kept Spain away from joining WWII. He didn't start any pointless wars.
After the long civil war and WWII he managed to rebuild the country and turn Spain into one of the fastest developing countries. By the end of his rule Spain was a developed and industrialized country with the 8th highest GDP in the world.
General Franco was a cold hearted man but he wasn't corrupt and he wasn't ruling Spain like a kleptocracy. When he died he already laid the foundation of a Spain that will be free and democratic so when he died democracy came without any conflicts, revolutions, bloodshed etc.

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
This was allegedly reported to Kyiv by British intelligence MI-6.
Russia continues to conduct a special military operation (SVO) in Ukraine. A number of Ukrainian sources reported that the Kremlin had agreed on the use of tactical nuclear weapons. This was allegedly reported to Kyiv by British intelligence MI-6. It is specified that the target will be the Yavoriv training ground of the Ukrainian army, 30 kilometers from Lviv. This object was already subjected to rocket attacks in March. The information has no official confirmation and may be a provocation by the Western and Ukrainian special services.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It boggles my mind.

The Russians have

-huge ass conventional army
-spetsnaz
-airborne troops
-jet fighters
-ground attack aircraft
-strategic bombers
-ballistic missiles
-cruise missiles
-destroyers
-submarines

You name it they could not even do a proper combined arms attack.

Now the Russians are like we are fighting the whole world. Which is cope.

Ukraine does not even have half the stuff Russia has. They are the true underdog dont forget how people even said including me that Russia was going to sweep them aside.

Look how wrong we were.

E

Era_shield

This was allegedly reported to Kyiv by British intelligence MI-6.
Russia continues to conduct a special military operation (SVO) in Ukraine. A number of Ukrainian sources reported that the Kremlin had agreed on the use of tactical nuclear weapons. This was allegedly reported to Kyiv by British intelligence MI-6. It is specified that the target will be the Yavoriv training ground of the Ukrainian army, 30 kilometers from Lviv. This object was already subjected to rocket attacks in March. The information has no official confirmation and may be a provocation by the Western and Ukrainian special services.
Likely Russian propaganda.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any chance of our Russian members being drafted into the war.

They said the mobilisation will be 18 to 60 year olds.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
My post from August:
1) There is a huge manpower hunger in Russian army.
Apparently filling army ranks with old alcoholics and criminals did not work well, so Russians were forced to declare mobilization. They simply left no other choice.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
My post from August:

Apparently filling army ranks with old alcoholics and criminals did not work well, so Russians were forced to declare mobilization. They simply left no other choice.
That's not an option. They don't have the equipment to equip the newly arrived soldiers. The newly arrived soldiers will simply be slaughtered.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan: Russia, Ukraine swap 200 POWs under Türkiye's mediation

Prisoner exchange under Ankara-brokered deal is an "important step" toward ending the conflict between the two countries, says Turkish President Erdogan.

Ukraine and Russia have exchanged more than 200 prisoners of war [POWs] as a result of Türkiye's mediation and diplomatic traffic conducted with Russia and Ukraine's presidents, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced.

Erdogan told reporters in New York City on Wednesday that the prisoner exchange under Türkiye's mediation was an "important step" towards ending the conflict between the two countries.

"I would also like to thank all my friends who contributed to this process," he said while thanking his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin and Ukraine's leader Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

Erdogan said that Turkish efforts to establish peace between Russia and Ukraine continue.

Ukraine confirmed the exchange, with a senior Ukrainian official saying a record-high 215 imprisoned soldiers with Russia, including fighters who led the defence of Mariupol's Azovstal steelworks that became an icon of Ukrainian resistance, came home.

"We have managed to liberate 215 people," the Ukraine presidency's chief of staff Andriy Yermak announced on TV.

The exchange took place on Ukrainian soil except for five prisoners who were actually brought to Türkiye to be transferred to Ukraine, TRT World's Hasan Abdullah, reporting from Ankara, said.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's not an option. They don't have the equipment to equip the newly arrived soldiers. The newly arrived soldiers will simply be slaughtered. Even the Arab armies are not that incompetent. Or are they? :)

Arab armies are much worse I think within days they lost to Israel while suffering heavy casualties.

Not only did Israel inflict a big defeated they occupied and took territory against 4 enemies.

Russia's case is embarassing because its called a military superpower with its own defence industry that is believed to challenge nato if not be on par even if they are behind.

It cant be forgotten that in the Cold War that the Soviet union once lost to Israel in a aerial battle.

The Battle which the Russians would love to forget.

Modern day first person shooters like Battlefield and COD will now have to look for another bad guy because this allure of the all conquering Russian army is now dead even in modern media.

For decades if not for centuries everybody feared Russia.

Now we see they are paper tigers.

Ukraine smashed this centuries old tales to bits.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom