Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden

The Ukrainian General Staff reports that the Russian military is continuing efforts to replace personnel and equipment losses but struggling to do so. The General Staff claimed on March 25 that Russia has established a base in Russia’s Bryansk Oblast to repair and rehabilitate equipment pulled from strategic reserves. The General Staff asserted that much of Russia’s reserve equipment is unusable or in very poor states of repair, with essential gear—including engines—stripped out of many vehicles. The General Staff added on March 26 that the Russians are attempting to refurbish old T-72 tanks as part of this effort. The General Staff also claimed that the Russian military is lowering its standards for conscripts and recruits and has been forced to use a higher proportion of conscripts in combat as it has suffered losses among its professional soldiers. We have no independent confirmation of these reports, but they are consistent with observed patterns of Russian operations and losses in Ukraine and with ISW’s earlier assessment of the state of the Russian personnel reserve system.

Morale problems within the Russian military are becoming more serious and apparent. Reports that the soldiers of a Russian unit killed their brigade commander by running him over with a tank and, more recently, that the commander of the 13th Guards Tank Regiment of the 4th Guards Tank Division (1st Guards Tank Army) committed suicide likely indicate a general breakdown of morale even among first tier Russian combat units.

This does not bode well for the russians, according to some sources 90% of their strategic reserve tanks are unusable because engines or optics are missing (read: stolen). With western sanctions, they have to rely on their own industry to replace them, something they have famously failed to do before. Morale is abysmal in fighting units and i bet a lot of russian soldiers just don civilian gear and try to pass for ukrainians fleeing.

I saw somewhere (cant for the life of me find the link now) that russia is accusing some central asian country of invading russian lands, the actual rodina.
EDIT: Azebaijan, https://www.france24.com/en/live-ne...azerbaijan-of-violating-ceasefire-in-karabakh

And also this:

Is russia trying to create a pretext for pulling out of Ukraine? When i read the first piece (have to find the bloody link) they very clearly said "russian lands" and protecting their soil is more important than denazifying your neighbour. And you conveniently get to face a much more manageable enemy, far away from europe or US interests.

Last edited:

goldsilver

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Israel
Maybe he can fight the dictators his country loves so much in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and UAE.
Those dictatorships are the lesser evil in a region like the Middle East. Lebanon is a democracy, and yet it has awful relations with neighbouring countries and is run by former warlords and terrorists in suits who live lavish lifestyles while their people face the worst financial crisis since the 1850s.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

This does not bode well for the russians, according to some sources 90% of their strategic reserve tanks are unusable because engines or optics are missing (read: stolen). With western sanctions, they have to rely on their own industry to replace them, something they have famously failed to do before. Morale is abysmal in fighting units and i bet a lot of russian soldiers just don civilian gear and try to pass for ukrainians fleeing.

I saw somewhere (cant for the life of me find the link now) that russia is accusing some central asian country of invading russian lands, the actual rodina.
And also this:

Is russia trying to create a pretext for pulling out of Ukraine? When i read the first piece (have to find the bloody link) they very clearly said "russian lands" and protecting their soil is more important than denazifying your neighbour. And you conveniently get to face a much more manageable enemy, far away from europe or US interests.

Do you mean they would retreat from Ukraine and prepare to confront Japan? If it is not suicide, i don't know the other words to express it....

JMSDF is not pushover, their Navy is not a gun boat Navy like Ukraine Navy. And their airforce is much more lethal and well equipped with anything to hunt Soviet Navy Submarine and surface combatant ships

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Russia to face Japan , now or ever? Without nukes , Port Arthur and Mukaden defeats truly would look like child's play. That's all posturing , bragging .
Do you mean they would retreat from Ukraine and prepare to confront Japan? If it is not suicide, i don't know the other words to express it....

JMSDF is not pushover, their Navy is not a gun boat Navy like Ukraine Navy. And their airforce is much more lethal and well equipped with anything to hunt Soviet Navy Submarine and surface combatant ship

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Japan is more important than Ukraine. And oh, it's military especially its navy and air forces are superior to that of Rus.

======================================================================================================

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden

JMSDF is not pushover, their Navy is not a gun boat Navy like Ukraine Navy. And their airforce is much more lethal and well equipped with anything to hunt Soviet Navy Submarine and surface combatant ships

No, I agree with that, but by building tensions in asia and baiting Japan as much as they can, they can claim a "credible threat" and pull units away to reinforce their asian borders. Then it's not a "retreat" it is a "strategic redeployment". Remember, this is mostly targeted towards the russian population, not the people on the outside.

Then they can go "Ooh, evil japan is trying to take advantage now, getting all uppity so we have to pull back all our troops from the eastern district, busy busy busy, and we were almost done with ukraine anyway since they are now officially denazified..."

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
Japan is more important than Ukraine. And oh, it's military especially its navy and air forces are superior to that of Rus.

======================================================================================================

Yeah, sorry if i was unclear, would be suicidal to try to fight japan, but they are a nice boogeyman in the east. Before they shut down russia today in sweden they ran a story like "Japan is seizing on the opportunity to re-occupy the russian kurils or somesuch" nice pretext to claim a "win" in ukraine and get the hell out of there....

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
8C47578A-28DB-46D5-A9A3-6E4361B2F280.jpeg

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,557
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

This isn't a war crime at all... For a war crime you have to have a WAR first, isn't it? I thought that for Russians this was only a special military operation and nothing else. :D

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Maria Dubovikova (@politblogme) Tweeted:
It might give the impression that the Russian military were captured after having been wounded. But that's not the case. At the end of the video, we can see Ukrainian soldiers shooting all the newly arrived prisoners through their legs.

#WarCrimes https://t.co/o7B7M1p2pG
This is absolutely unnecessary.Sooner or later the russian will retaliated back by killing ukranian pow

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,352
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
It might give the impression that the Russian military were captured after having been wounded. But that's not the case. At the end of the video, we can see Ukrainian soldiers shooting all the newly arrived prisoners through their legs.

This is absolutely unnecessary.Sooner or later the russian will retaliated back by killing ukranian pow
The simple reality of war is that whether "right", or not, if you invade your neighbour, commit war crimes towards their civilian population, indiscriminately shell civilians and starve them, purposely bomb areas harboring children, loot their stores and homes, and use white phosphorus and thermobaric weapons to gain an edge in combat...

It might just cost a few soldiers their legs. It's not a "whataboutism" or justification on my end. That's the simple reality of war. When you refuse to fight and carry yourself in a respectable manner, the enemy is going to be pretty ruthless, in return, when they get their hands on you.

Note also that the members in this video seem to be part of the territorial defense force of Ukrainian (blue arm bands) rather than members of the regular army (yellow arm bands). That means they are volunteer members, or reservists from the community that these Russians were caught in. You can expect different conduct from people whose homes your destroyed, children, and animals you killed, prior to being caught. People can be pretty ruthless when you destroy their lives and loved ones, especially if they haven't been taught / disciplined not to be.

Last edited:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,858
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Kills Civilians, rapes women, murders children seeking refuge in a theater.

"oH mY gOD wHYY aRE thE UkRAInIEns nOT TreaTI-NG theM BeTTeR"

Those ruskies should be happy they only got bullets in their legs. They deserve one in the skull.

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
You do understand that most rusdian soldiers are conscript.They even don't want to be in war.Most of them are ethnic minorities push to the front as cannon fodder.Its li ke an ethnic cleansing done by russia to reduce their minorities.

Wharever reasons you gave if you act the same like russian in commiting warcrime then you are no better than them.
I do hope the ukranian government will punish these guys..

You

Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
United States of America
You do understand that most rusdian soldiers are conscript.They even don't want to be in war.Most of them are ethnic minorities push to the front as cannon fodder.Its li ke an ethnic cleansing done by russia to reduce their minorities.

Wharever reasons you gave if you act the same like russian in commiting warcrime then you are no better than them.
I do hope the ukranian government will punish these guys..
they are not exactly acting like the Russians who are murdering children .

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
they are not exactly acting like the Russians who are murdering children .
It is easy to fall for rage in a war situation, even more so when your enemy is Russians who are targeting civilians indiscrimately but one should still consider that every human being is a individual and certainly not all of them would target civilians.
If those were wagner then go ahead but i have a moral dilemma when its conscripts who often have no other choice than to join a war that they dont even want to be part of.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom