Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,219
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
They need to be absolutely vicious and ruthless in retaking Kherson. Take no prisoners. Cause them to flee, or shoot them dead in the streets. Terrorize them with drone strikes. Target infantry in their sleep. The counter offensive needs to be brutal and terrifying.

Ideally, as the Ukrainians advance, the citizens in Kherson would join in the frey and gut the Russians from inside out. Hard to know if they have the weaponry to do it, but a slaughter from inside the city, in conjunction with the Ukrainian advance, would amount to horrendous casualties for the Russians.

Send as many resources from Mikolaiv, Odessa and the interior mainland as can be used. Make is a massacre. The Russians only understand force.

If Kherson is retaken and the Ukrainians are able to push East, it would represent the perfect time towards the coast, it would be the perfect time for the West to send shore launched, anti-ship weapons. They would be well used at night. Drowning hundreds of Russian sailors in the cold, Sean during the black of the night, would be a great morale booster for the Ukrainians and a quality revenge for the night attack on the barracks in Mikolaiv that killed dozens of Ukrainian soldiers in their sleep.

Last edited:

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,219
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
“Russia has a choice. The Russians have a choice. They can take drastic steps to dispose of their leadership in the motherland (vis force) and end this senseless, awful, attack on their neighbour, or they can choose to send as many of their sons, husbands and brothers to be maxed, brutally beaten and massacred, as is neccessary.”

Easier said then done, East is way more complex than it looks through the scope of West.
I have no doubt it's complicated, but the people must be made to suffer for the sins of the leadership that they are not brave enough to dispose of.

Let us hope that the slaughter of the sons of Russia continues to be significant, and the continued evisceration of their economy, personal retirements, children's education funds and their way of life, be lasting. Russians will have only themselves to blame for their national cowardice and arrogance, that is going to set them back 40 years, and further isolate them from the developed world. The people of Russia will suffer. As they should. Every asset frozen by the West should absolutely be stolen and sold. The money should be used to kill Russians in Ukraine, using Western technology, and to rebuild Ukraine when this nightmare is over.

Last edited:

McCool

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Their losses equals the army armor inventory of most countries. More losses should be expected as the battle grinds on and Russian logistics collapsed.

Now I'm just waiting until they're running out of operational tank and IFVs. Russia does have 10000+ tank, but their maintenance must be minimal and most wont likely be combat ready at moments notice.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,219
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada

Their losses equals the army armor inventory of most countries. More losses should be expected as the battle grinds on and Russian logistics collapsed.

Now I'm just waiting until they're running out of operational tank and IFVs. Russia does have 10000+ tank, but their maintenance must be minimal and most wont likely be combat ready at moments notice.
I suspect that they have a quite a few more operational pieces of armor, despite their 3rd world maintenance practices. All the more more reason for the West to ramp up their production and distribution of anti-tank weapons that open up the Russian armor like tin cans.

L

legionairre

I have no doubt it's complicated, but the people must be made to suffer for the sins of the leadership that they are not brave enough to dispose of.

Let us hope that the slaughter of the sons of Russia continues to be significant, and the continued evisceration of their economy, personal retirements, children's education funds and their way of life, be lasting. Russians will have only themselves to blame for their national cowardice and arrogance, that is going to set them back 40 years, and further isolate them from the developed world. The people of Russia will suffer. As they should. Every asset frozen by the West should absolutely be sold and the money should be used to kill Russians in Ukraine, using Western technology, and to rebuild Ukraine when this nightmare is over.
I have come to believe that eastern societies (Russia is no exception) evolve(!) into a single cell organism standing behind their leader when pushed hard (especially by an outside force). Iran may be a good example, her people live under sanctions for decades, and yet, nothing changes. Sound, independent minds, they step aside, try to protect what is left behind, or escape. And they never are the majority. You are asking for something that is hard, really hard to be realized;)

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,219
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
I have come to believe that eastern societies (Russia is no exception) evolve(!) into a single cell organism standing behind their leader when pushed hard (especially by an outside force). Iran may be a good example, her people live under sanctions for decades, and yet, nothing changes. Sound, independent minds, they step aside, try to protect what is left behind, or escape. And they never are the majority. You are asking for something that is hard, really hard to be realized;)
I agree with that summary entirely. Which is why the people must be made to suffer in line with their leadership. If they are going to be supportive of the effort, my hope is that their loved ones are sent to Ukraine to be mamed and killed.

If it's at the hands of a Ukrainian, using a Western weapon, even better!

L

legionairre

I agree with that summary entirely. Which is why the people must be made to suffer in line with their leadership. If they are going to be supportive of the effort, my hope is that their loved ones are sent to Ukraine to be mamed and killed.

If it's at the hands of a Ukrainian, using a Western weapon, even better!
Inevitably so!

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The simple reality of war is that whether "right", or not, if you invade your neighbour, commit war crimes towards their civilian population, indiscriminately shell civilians and starve them, purposely bomb areas harboring children, loot their stores and homes, and use white phosphorus and thermobaric weapons to gain an edge in combat...

It might just cost a few soldiers their legs. It's not a "whataboutism" or justification on my end. That's the simple reality of war. When you refuse to fight and carry yourself in a respectable manner, the enemy is going to be pretty ruthless, in return, when they get their hands on you.

Note also that the members in this video seem to be part of the territorial defense force of Ukrainian (blue arm bands) rather than members of the regular army (yellow arm bands). That means they are volunteer members, or reservists from the community that these Russians were caught in. You can expect different conduct from people whose homes your destroyed, children, and animals you killed, prior to being caught. People can be pretty ruthless when you destroy their lives and loved ones, especially if they haven't been taught / disciplined not to be.
Bullshyt!
Dont look for a justification (typical western hypocrisy). A crime is a crime.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,219
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Bullshyt!
Dont look for a justification (typical western hypocrisy). A crime is a crime.
Please understand me. Western people are not saints. I am not taking a moral high ground. This world is about winners and losers. That's it. I'm not suggesting what the Ukrainians are doing to Russian POW's is right. Only that it's the natural state of human order. We're awful to each other. It's what we do.

Were the Allies justified when they turned the German people in Dresden to soup and liquid, by fire bombing the city in WWII. No, of course not. But was it a neccessary evil and demorilazing tactic towards Germany? Yes. Were Allied paratroopers and special forces (my grandfather among them) justified in slitting the throats of terrified, young German soldiers as they slept, on their march towards Berlin? Of course not. They did what was required of winners and took vengeance in the process. Was the United States justified when they turned Japanese people to shadows by dropping atomic weapons on them in WWII? Of course not, but the Japanese chose their actions at Pearl Harbor, and faced the neccessary consequences to teach them a lesson and end the war.

The world is a dark place. Laws are ignored and rules are broken. Civility ends when you put people's lives and families in danger. To pretend otherwise, is foolish.

You will not find me making excuses for anyone. You do what is necessary to win, especially when on the defensive. If your opponent must be mamed, or their family turned to soup in order for you to achieve victory, so be it.

Last edited:

Al Dakhil

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
syria
With a grain of salt? Why?
he previously did error on his Mariupol previously even if he corrected them , trusting Russian source too much putting territory they didn't actually control but claimed too , as under theirs control

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia

Let us hope that the slaughter of the sons of Russia continues to be significant, and the continued evisceration of their economy, personal retirements, children's education funds and their way of life, be lasting. Russians will have only themselves to blame for their national cowardice and arrogance, that is going to set them back 40 years, and further isolate them from the developed world. The people of Russia will suffer. As they should. Every asset frozen by the West should absolutely be stolen and sold. The money should be used to kill Russians in Ukraine, using Western technology, and to rebuild Ukraine when this nightmare is over.
I think there are vacancies in ISIS rank.Most of them from iraqis who lost their home and families from american invasion.
Based on what you propose,I think you should join them too

Top Bottom