Live Conflict Ukraine-Russia War

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
Those CV 90 Sweden plans to donate,will they be from Swedish army stock(the ones with Bofors 40 mm cannon) or some export versions?
All Swe army stocks are 40mm gun

Yeah, most likely they will be the 9040B, there are 40 or so 9040C but they have a bulky tropical AC that i doubt would do that much in Ukraine. In any case it would be the Bofors 40mm L/70.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
When you look at this war the day one drones, manpads and anti tank weapons were critical in stopping Russia form a quick success. The Himars were game changers that allowed Ukraine to reverse the gains Russia made.

The next package of Patriots, modern tanks and fighter jets is probably going to lead to the end of the war.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,733
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you look at this war the day one drones, manpads and anti tank weapons were critical in stopping Russia form a quick success. The Himars were game changers that allowed Ukraine to reverse the gains Russia made.

The next package of Patriots, modern tanks and fighter jets is probably going to lead to the end of the war.

There are lot of videos that putin soldiers keep saying that russian tank is best tank. they applying that T-90 is a killer of all west kind tanks.

I really want to see this. How putin T90 tanks can do it! or there will be good will again?

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,560
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last night, the Turkish-owned Tuzla ship was attacked in Ukraine's Kherson Port. While there was no loss of life in the incident, the Ministry of Defense and shipowners took action to rescue 12 Turkish ships stuck in the region.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Estonia understands the

Still no longer-range artillery, though. That would be immediate impact over waiting 6-12 months for tanks to arrive at the front.

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
Not very effective to use multiple types of tanks in the same Time

From an efficiency standpoint, yeah really. Best thing would be for a country with a couple of hundred Leos to go "here, have ours, we will buy Abrams or South Korean or something" and other countries would help by reimbursing the transfer and supplying spare parts.
On the other hand, redoing training, supply chains and tactics on a new weapons platform wouldn't be very fun or cheap.

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 625
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
From an efficiency standpoint, yeah really. Best thing would be for a country with a couple of hundred Leos to go "here, have ours, we will buy Abrams or South Korean or something" and other countries would help by reimbursing the transfer and supplying spare parts.
On the other hand, redoing training, supply chains and tactics on a new weapons platform wouldn't be very fun or cheap.
true , also there won't be much of interoperability between the armored units , Marder IFV and Bradley IFV , M1 Abrams with Leopard 2A6 . it will take time to build a solid infrastructure to operate efficiently , the best thing to do in my opinion is to create independent brigades or squadrons specific to the type of the system (german units with Marder , Leopards , PzH SPH,.... ) and likewise for the US systems

tracer

Reactions
1 302
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
true , also there won't be much of interoperability between the armored units , Marder IFV and Bradley IFV , M1 Abrams with Leopard 2A6 . it will take time to build a solid infrastructure to operate efficiently , the best thing to do in my opinion is to create independent brigades or squadrons specific to the type of the system (german units with Marder , Leopards , PzH SPH,.... ) and likewise for the US systems

Yeah, I saw this times interview with a British Army logistician that basically said "its great that ukraine is getting armored vehicles, they really need them and they will do a lot of good, at the same time i feel for my fellow ukrainian logisticians who are probably pulling their hair out en masse and screaming into the night by now"

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 625
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Yeah, I saw this times interview with a British Army logistician that basically said "its great that ukraine is getting armored vehicles, they really need them and they will do a lot of good, at the same time i feel for my fellow ukrainian logisticians who are probably pulling their hair out en masse and screaming into the night by now"
It is indeed a nightmare , to sustain huge numbers of different weapon systems from different manufacturers delivered at the same time , and managing the ammunition transfer and being able to repair them with the right spare parts is a gigantic burden , but hey , at least something to repel the ruskies's massive ground forces 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The irony. If Germany hadn't embargoed the delivery of Altays engines since 2018 Turkey could have donated(if willing) the vast majority of its Leopard 2A4 inventory to Ukraine.

Now I'm excited to see when we will see the first Articles in western news sites how Turkey should donate its Leo tanks and when we say no how we become a bad ally and partner. :)

It is also telling how germany wont ask Turkey because they know what our people will tell them "You shouldn't have sabotaged our Altay project". :)

Also interesting how the US suddenly made an U-turn with the Abrams but still they could easily pledge over a hundred Abrams for Ukraine and have the crews trained.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,560
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

FnV7QISX0AACSMz