Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ukraine unveils mock-up of its new medium altitude long endurance (MALE) unmanned combat aerial vehicle, called the Sokil-300 and developed by the KB LUCH

11.jpg

The presentation of the model of the Sokil-300 strike UAV developed by the LUCH Design Bureau has started.

This was reported by the Ukrainian military portal.

The presentation takes place in the premises of Zhulyansky Machine-Building Plant "VIZAR".

The domestic strike unmanned aerial vehicle has been developed for the last 1.5 years by the LUCH Design Bureau.

It is estimated that the cost of one such drone is 45.6 million hryvnias, if production will be carried out in series, the price may be reduced by 30-40%.

It is equipped with a domestic optoelectronic station, can use several types of motors. These are both domestic AI-450T2 and MS-500V-05C / SE, as well as foreign production - Rotax 914.

Depending on the type of engine, its "empty" and "full weight" also differ.

In the version with AI-450T2, these figures are 535/1225 kg, respectively, for MS-500V-05C / CE - 530/1220 kg and for Rotax 914 - 420/1130 kg.

55.jpg

Maximum speed from:
  • AI-450T2 - 580 km / h
  • MS-500V-05S / SE - 466 km / year
  • Rotax 914 - 210 km / year
BPLA-Sokil-300-1-1536x1152.jpg

Flight time for:

• AI-450T2 - 5 hours
  • MS-500B-05C / SE - 3 hours
  • Rotax 914 - 26 hours
Flight range:
  • AI-450T2 - 1300
  • MS-500V-05C / SE - 1000 km
  • Rotax 914 – 3300 км
The range for all types of engines is the same - 150 km with direct radio and 300 km when using a repeater.

Armament - guided missiles with a range of up to 10 km.

The Sokil-300 UAV is also planned to be equipped with radio equipment: a small-sized on-board radar station and a radar with system equipment.

Small-sized onboard radar for the Sokil-300 UAV
Small-sized onboard radar for the Sokil-300 UAV
Radar with the synthesized equipment for the Sokil-300 UAV

The complex is controlled from a mobile control point, which is unified with the control point of the missile complex RK-360 MC "Neptune" and is placed on the chassis of the truck, the brand of which is determined by the customer.

The control point is equipped with:

• jobs of operators
  • communication antennas
  • communication equipment
  • power plant
  • climatic equipment
The development of UAVs takes into account the experience of development and technical solutions from "Neptune"

We wrote information about the development of a strike unmanned aerial vehicle from LUCH in July 2020.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Voww! It is a surprise for me. If Ukraine develops own MALE drone that is going to be powered with aI-450T turboprop, I think they won’t need our Akinci. We will wait and see.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Voww! It is a surprise for me. If Ukraine develops own MALE drone that is going to be powered with aI-450T turboprop, I think they won’t need our Akinci. We will wait and see.

Perhaps Engine technology will be transferred in exchange for UAV technology. As you said, we will wait and see

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,788
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
They have a lot more experience in the aviation than we do, so it was given that they'd get there fast. I think their strategic cooperation with Turkey is based on mutual threat, but also Turkey's firm stance on Crimea and other issues.

I think Ukraine sees it for what it is. If they can help Turkey become a solid strong and independent arms manufacturing nation then it's given that we'll work together with the countries around Black Sea to secure stability, also we're the gatekeeper but also a country where a lot of gas pipes goes transit.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Top issue Ukraine will have I think is electronics. Ukrainian electronics declined since the fall of Soviet Union. Key area Turkey could help is electronic subsystems.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They should buy some PD170 which will fit in their power requirement very well.

A

adenl

So they made an UAV in the ANKA class. That thing is begging for a PD-170/222, Turkish optics, electronics and weapons.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,642
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
From what I understand it has missiles capable of hitting targets of up to 10km, 300kg payload capaciy, 14m wingspan and 3 options regarding engines. Well... I don't know why but I don't see that project promising and entering inventory any time soon. It looks not mature enough in my eyes. There are sophisticated systems that needs specific technological base which I doubt Ukraine has. Probably big part of the components are sourced from abroad but as I don't have details I don't want to talk big. The company also doesn't have any experience as far as I know in aerospace industries and specifies itself in guided and not guided land-land and air-land missiles and bombs.

Top Bottom