DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think people are celebrating without taking into account the gravity of the situation.
Russia is a nuclear power, the largest one. You don't want some nukes go missing in this chaos.
But more importantly, you don’t want these Wagner lunatics in the Kremlin.
We should be rooting for President Putin and the central command.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
question:

Will we see chechens and other separatists rebel?
If they do rebel will we see russians leave the Ukrainian front lines to carve out power for themselves in russia?
Wagner won't let them which is why I'm inclined towards Wagner losing this engagement. Which I suspect they will.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The one mod enforcing it is not in the thread so dw LOL

--

FzY7LFsXoAAZqOH

Numberone

Reactions
1 321
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
You would have thought Turkish intelligence (hakan fidan) would have been communicating with all regional heads in russia for this potential possibility of disintegration. But no, as always with erdogan its a wait and see approach and then do next to nothing.

You are overestimating Hakan Fidan

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
PLEASE HAVE LOOK THIS CAREFULLY
russians JUST waked up
They want free russia from putin evil thug
They want normal russia

All russian people out there support Wagner soldiers.
Only one drunk putin loony try to attack soldiers.
Just see what is happended
I think russian nation JUST become sided with revolution
good for them. World watching and want putin to be put down.
go go normal russia

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unfortunately, we were caught on one leg. We don't seem to be prepared for this possibility. Yet there are great geopolitical and military opportunities. If the Turkish economy had not been so battered, 2023 would have been a much better time to start building a power center.
This just reminds me, bye bye Akkuyu in case things go further south.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
As Merzifonlu üstad says, It would have been quite iconic if as TB-2s had killed occupier Russian soldiers in Ukraine, then killed militias that started a counter-revolution in Russia, and then brokered a peace between Ukraine and Russia on the condition that Ukrainian territory be returned, making it a unique story in the history of warfare. It could also be a good call name for a peace agreement: Turkish Brokered - 2
I was just gonna refer to Merzifonlu’s and your post and gonna suggest what a great move it would be although sounds like fantasy at first look. Definitely out of the box thinking. I love it.

One or two caveats though
1 - Can you trust Putin or any successor to leave occupied Ukrainian territories after beating Wagner and not to use them against Ukraine with transferred fleets of Turkish UCAVs?

2- Even if you pull out this monumental “Machiavellian” twist and gain the reputation of Paix A La Turca, would West, the USA most prominently, let Turkey gain so much power?
It is too much power. Too much power to make Turkey the sole intra regional power that wouldn’t be controlled by the USA.

Just thinking out loud.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This just reminds me, bye bye Akkuyu in case things go further south.
We have limited room for maneuver to make a paradigm-shifting move, and the reasons are obvious, first and foremost the economic problems are very challenging. But on the other hand, it is also clear how difficult the Kremlin is at the moment. I think it was the right move to announce support on the first day. If this is largely a cleansing move disguised as a revolution. We need to push for whatever concessions we can get in return.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was just gonna refer to Merzifonlu’s and your post and gonna suggest what a great move it would be although sounds like fantasy at first look. Definitely out of the box thinking. I love it.

One or two caveats though
1 - Can you trust Putin or any successor to leave occupied Ukrainian territories after beating Wagner and not to use them against Ukraine with transferred fleets of Turkish UCAVs?

2- Even if you pull out this monumental “Machiavellian” twist and gain the reputation of Paix A La Turca, would West, the USA most prominently, let Turkey gain so much power?
It is too much power. Too much power to make Turkey the sole intra regional power that wouldn’t be controlled by the USA.

Just thinking out loud.
No, you cannot trust. Therefore, strategies should not be based on trust solely, but on a balance of benefits and losses.

The answer to the second question is also negative. Therefore, no matter how harmful Putin may be for world peace, his loss of legitimacy at this stage - for the time being - may not be in Turkish grand interests. A Russia with one foot in the grave but not yet destroyed is therefore a useful tool. It has an easier path to consolidate power not through the west but through the east. For years, our way of thinking was to clash with Russia and enter its spheres of influence.We are already part of the western wing, but this paradigm is a western design that has existed for centuries. But this is not the only way.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

After the President of Belarus took refuge in Turkey, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Denis Manturov also took refuge in Turkey. I think you underestimate Turkey's position.

providing a safe haven for russian criminals is nothing to do with what im saying. All these cowards fleeing the nation makes it easier for a quick coup to place. Thats not what Turkiye should want. We want a long protracted civil war, we want regional leaders to rise up and declare independence.

I'm saying that all the regional leaders with an axe to grind against Russia should have been courted including Kadirov. All the Russian establishment figures fleeing to Turkiye is actually the opposite of whats good for Turkiye.

hakan fidan useless.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't want someone else to fill the void that may emerge due to the lack of Russian presence in our neighborhood. We want to fill that void ourselves.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, you cannot trust. Therefore, strategies should not be based on trust solely, but on a balance of benefits and losses.

The answer to the second question is also negative. Therefore, no matter how harmful Putin may be for world peace, his loss of legitimacy at this stage - for the time being - may not be in Turkish grand interests. A Russia with one foot in the grave but not yet destroyed is therefore a useful tool. It has an easier path to consolidate power not through the west but through the east.
I don't think anyone would say no to a Russia that withdraws its soldiers from Syria. This much weakness is enough for us :)

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
You are overestimating Hakan Fidan

the entire political spectrum in Turkiye is pretty weak and incompetent to be fair. All this turmoil and psuedo islamists have not been able to gain Turkiye an inch in syria against Russia.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
PLEASE HAVE LOOK THIS CAREFULLY
russians JUST waked up
They want free russia from putin evil thug
They want normal russia

All russian people out there support Wagner soldiers.
Only one drunk putin loony try to attack soldiers.
Just see what is happended
I think russian nation JUST become sided with revolution
good for them. World watching and want putin to be put down.
go go normal russia
Buddy, Wagner is made up of literal criminals. This isn't Russians "waking up", this is some Russians backing one group of thugs against another group of thugs.

Ideally all of them die and substantially weaken Russia in the process.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Buddy, Wagner is made up of literal criminals. This isn't Russians "waking up", this is some Russians backing one group of thugs against another group of thugs.

Ideally all of them die and substantially weaken Russia in the process.

ideally we get a long protracted war in which many players flood weapons into the nation and the Russians get to become the next syria.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom