Live Conflict War in Afghanistan

Tabmachine

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
No, it's that you have bad reading comprehension.

The US has laws against abuse of women. The Taliban doesn't, because they don't believe women deserve the opportunities and protections that they are afforded in the US. I never said the Taliban don't have laws altogether.

Understand now?
Listen friend. They have laws against abuse of women as well, but a different set of laws on a different basis. In fact in many cases there is probably overlap. (rape, harassment etc.) I'm not saying they are paragons of virtue, but just because one does not operate according to the liberal conception of what a human's rights are does not mean one does not have a valid morality. For example, in the US women even before they reach the age of maturity are sexualized by the world around them and pressured to sexualize themselves (see: TikTok). One might conceive that modesty, for example of the flavor of America in 1960 and prior, would have some currency in dignifying women beyond being sexual objects in this context. So while the Taliban historically might have take it too far with their prescriptions for modesty, I think there is a rational argument that can be made for modesty (physical, and psychological) irrespective of any religious proscriptions.

What I'm saying in my own long-winded way I suppose, is that to legislate to people is not necessarily to oppress them but sometimes a restriction can be liberating in its own way. If women are no longer made to publicly sexualize themselves, if only by the sheer social pressure of having to compete with other women in regards to mens affections, they can be much more free to express themselves through more positive outlets. You wont find the hottest chicks at Harvard, I'll tell you that.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Listen friend. They have laws against abuse of women as well, but a different set of laws on a different basis. In fact in many cases there is probably overlap. (rape, harassment etc.) I'm not saying they are paragons of virtue, but just because one does not operate according to the liberal conception of what a human's rights are does not mean one does not have a valid morality. For example, in the US women even before they reach the age of maturity are sexualized by the world around them and pressured to sexualize themselves (see: TikTok). One might conceive that modesty, for example of the flavor of America in 1960 and prior, would have some currency in dignifying women beyond being sexual objects in this context. So while the Taliban historically might have take it too far with their prescriptions for modesty, I think there is a rational argument that can be made for modesty (physical, and psychological) irrespective of any religious proscriptions.

What I'm saying in my own long-winded way I suppose, is that to legislate to people is not necessarily to oppress them but sometimes a restriction can be liberating in its own way. If women are no longer made to publicly sexualize themselves, if only by the sheer social pressure of having to compete with other women in regards to mens affections, they can be much more free to express themselves through more positive outlets. You wont find the hottest chicks at Harvard, I'll tell you that.
It's not as if before the recent Taliban takeover the women there were twerking on the streets of Kabul and putting it up on social media. It's not apt to compare the trajectories of two different societies. And it's not just about education but a wide variety of laws including inheritance, right to divorce etc. which will come scrutiny now.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,333
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
So how would the average Uzbek, Turkmen or Tajik perceive a fanatic pakthun telling them what and how to do things in most intrusive way....at the barrel of the gun?

A local?

They will fight back since the Taliban epouses pashtun nationalism in a way.

All the ethnic groups have their interests i dont think they would accept being under Pashtun Taliban rule.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gotta love the western living Taliban apologists, ask them and not one would give up their comfortable life to live in Taliban emirate, they would be the first ones to clinge on that C17 to return to the west.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Gotta love the western living Taliban apologists, ask them and not one would give up their comfortable life to live in Taliban emirate, they would be the first ones to clinge on that C17 to return to the west.
Forget living. Doubt they'd even visit

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Its fun to see western media and islamophobic to post news about how Taliban take over Kabul.

Its clear that western world and NATO alreday lose the battle for nothing, waste their money and soldiers life for Defeat.

Yet, they still blame taliban. 20 years war for nothing.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
No, it's that you have bad reading comprehension.

The US has laws against abuse of women. The Taliban doesn't, because they don't believe women deserve the opportunities and protections that they are afforded in the US. I never said the Taliban don't have laws altogether.

Understand now?
You are wasting your time here.

I am asking you again where does Taliban says they don't have any Laws of abusing women?

Someone doesn't believe in another country's Law doesn't make them lawless.

Here is the problem of you guys cause you guys worship Usa as your God. They are right in everything.🤦‍♂️

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom