Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
After the situation in Baghlan now US is leaving Kandahar... This is going to end ugly for the ANA.

All those who served in Afghanistan will tell you the ANA isn't capable of defending the country from the Taliban hordes. It was capable of nothing with hundred thousands of NATO troops let alone when everyone will leave.

The army is fully corrupt,from the top to the bottom. When I was there they were selling their vehicles,ammos,weapons,even the steel of the Hesco Mil protecting the FOBs.

Not only their combativity was very low,many of them were high on hashish. We were joking about not letting Afghan soldiers behind us or covering us because we were more worried about being hit by them than by the Talibans. Many are in the ANA just for the money nothing else. As the Talibans advance expect many switching sides or deserting.

I won't even talk about the Afghan National Police,it's even worse than the army.... I won't tell you how once in a village in Kapisa they literally abandoned us when a fight broke out.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
All those who served in Afghanistan will tell you the ANA isn't capable of defending the country from the Taliban hordes. It was capable of nothing with hundred thousands of NATO troops let alone when everyone will leave.

The army is fully corrupt,from the top to the bottom. When I was there they were selling their vehicles,ammos,weapons,even the steel of the Hesco Mil protecting the FOBs.

Not only their combativity was very low,many of them were high on hashish. We were joking about not letting Afghan soldiers behind us or covering us because we were more worried about being hit by them than by the Talibans. Many are in the ANA just for the money nothing else. As the Talibans advance expect many switching sides or deserting.

I won't even talk about the Afghan National Police,it's even worse than the army.... I won't tell you how once in a village in Kapisa they literally abandoned us when a fight broke out.

Thanks for the Insight.

Yeah that confirms what I have been hearing about them as well.
If after 20 Years you weren't able to build a capable Defence Force, you wont achieve it in the next 20 Years either.

> Perhaps Afghanis need to discover Democracy themselves rather than being half heartedly given it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

I spoke to an Australian soldier who served he said the same thing to the point where he quit and lost hope.

Seriously Afghanistan will stay a tribal place forever. Their king even tried to modernise the country until he got taken out then came the commies and their coup along with it a civil war.

Country has not recovered one bit. Will have to see where the taliban take off when they takeover the country will they be a modernised emirate or will they continue their religious/tribal rule and shun the modern world.

Irony is even isis leader baghdadi called the taliban as backwards because they refuse embrace some change. Big question too is will the taliban kick al qaeda out or will allow them to grow again?

So many questions after 20 years the taliban are back to make matters worse it seems they have set relations with qatar, iran, russia, pakistan and alledgely china.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

It seems they really hate each other.

I wonder if its legit then again the terrorists are all fighting among themselves

Let them go at each other.

I do believe Afghanistan is better off with a monarchy. Im no monarchist thats for sure but better than commie rule or taliban rule or the corrupt crap of democratic afghanistan.

Blank1

Reactions
Baghdadi is gone, And Taliban's have no affiliation with ISIS. By the looks of it Taliban's will eventually take over. There wont be any democracy, Taliban's wants sharia system and US agreed to it in peace talks among other things.
Al qaeda is exterminated by US and NATO in Afghanistan, ISIS is hunted by Taliban's and Pakistan. After US & NATO withdraw hopefully things start to normalize.

Few years back China made a deal with Kabul government for a copper mine & a separate deal was made with the Taliban, which was facilitated by unknown power, but the deal didn't materialize due to Kabul government not wanting Taliban's to get share of the pie. When the western supported government is gone China will be back, There were planes to connect Afghanistan to Pakistani motorway network And taliban did welcome foreign investment.

Taliban's have an office in Qatar and their delegation visited Pakistan, Russia, Iran, Malaysia the rest i don't remember, Seems like the mentioned countries are comfortable with Taliban in Afghan Government.

Last edited:
Top Bottom