Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
This is a very interesting interview by Pakistani journalist Dr Moeed Pirzada in English of retired Lt. General Tariq Khan. He brings much military and personal experiance. He is the general who deafeated the Pakistani Taliban [TTP] during 2008-2012 war against the terrorists and was in command of the FC. He is ethnic Pakhtun/Pashtun and is from Tank district, Khyber Pakhtunkwa only few miles from the Afghan border so he knows history and culture of the region.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
At 13:30 the general says "this has to be the first time in history that a government [Kabuli] is looking forward to foreign occupation otherwise they can't exist".

This had me in chuckles ...

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
It's always been good Taliban vs bad Taliban. Ask the Americans who created the antecendents of Taliban way back in 1979. The good/bad depending on your particular prejudices.

The source is in Urdu translation.

Don't worry Kaptaan saab. I can Understand Urdu well, living not too far away from Pakistan Punjab. Infact i work with Pakistani's in my organisation...so don't worry

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
There will be flights by USAF over Pak airspace until September 2021 per the agreement. However there is no basis to say these are combat flights and any such claims are just Indian propaganda. At this critical juncture Pakistan would be suicidal to allow combat flights knowing it would lead to Taliban reaction. US also has ceased all combat operations against Taliban as the latter do not target any NATO/US forces.

As long as Taliban do not target NATO/US forces and provide support to Daesh/ISIS etc groups that present threat to USA this agreement will stand.

Do you think a B 52 Bomber will fly carrying passengers to Afghanistan ??

There are no NATO / US forces per se to target so that point is moot. Rest, Pakistan army.. think it;s about time that Taliban will start targeting them.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
This is a very interesting interview by Pakistani journalist Dr Moeed Pirzada in English of retired Lt. General Tariq Khan. He brings much military and personal experiance. He is the general who deafeated the Pakistani Taliban [TTP] during 2008-2012 war against the terrorists and was in command of the FC. He is ethnic Pakhtun/Pashtun and is from Tank district, Khyber Pakhtunkwa only few miles from the Afghan border so he knows history and culture of the region.

07:24 "I've been saying this before, that terrorism will only go away if all the intelligence agencies are ended". Exactly the same conclusion I came to long time ago. It's comforting to hear it from an 'insider'.

This is the kind of realism that many people today lack and is also why I think it is fruitless to try to convince the average Joe of these grand narratives. They need to hear it from the horse's mouth and even then not everyone will accept it because it might cause too much internal pain. The average Joe rather wants comforting lies than painful truths.

Last edited:

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Those saying that Pakistan is not involved with taliban...How much can One lie through their skins...

1626621080116.png

1626621105349.png

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
A random twitter account of a unconfirmed radar tracker does not equate to combat operations. It's like when I young and saw any curves I used to get a erection because in my mind it conjured a nubile woman.

Kaptaan Saab,

twitter handle might be random but flight trackers are not random. I too have followed this on https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ and Plan transponders do not lie...

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Those saying that Pakistan is not involved
I don't think PAF is involved although they should since every AF from Northh America to Europe has been involved. One more ain't gonna make much differance.

On a serious not I pesonally do think PAF did give a warning as this is right next to the border and 2 miles in air speed is seconds. PAF might have warned do not even close to the border. I believe and hope PAF issued what the American's love dishing out - air exclusion zone. Go as those in Middle East what those are. Huge swathes of sovereign airspace carved out by USAF as personal fiefdom.

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I don't think PAF is involved although they should since every AF from Northh America to Europe has been involved. One more ain't gonna make much differance.

On a serious not I pesonally do think PAF did give a warning as this is right next to the border and 2 miles in air speed is seconds. PAF might have warned do not even close to the border. I believe and hope PAF issued what the American's love dishing out - air exclusion zone. Go as those in Middle East what those are. Huge swathes of sovereign airspace carved out by USAF as personal fiefdom.

Protecting One;s territory is fine and acceptable but why their love for taliban. taliban is controlling a afghan distt. Why issue a warning for distt

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
flight trackers are not random.
Thanks for the education but you should know I am not so senile as not to be aware. I first got these on my iphone back in 2008 and wasted few days in awe at what I could track above my house which is under the main flightpath across the Atlantic to USA.

My doubts are about that particular snap of the tracker. I can as easily in 10 seconds edit those and make it look like they are bombing New Delhi.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
why their love for taliban.
You should know there is no such thing as 'love' in international relations. Have you see the savages USA is supporting against the urbane Asad and his rather delicious wife? Or what was the attraction that US had for Mujihadeen - was it some fatal attraction for hirsute, grizzly men?

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

First time I've seen a Pak General talk strategy. Usually it's all tactics and bluster. This guy seems to have a more holistic view and is pragmatic and brutally honest. How come he didn't become Army Chief?

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
You should know there is no such thing as 'love' in international relations. Have you see the savages USA is supporting against the urbane Asad and his rather delicious wife? Or what was the attraction that US had for Mujihadeen - was it some fatal attraction for hirsute, grizzly men?
Agree that there is no thing as "love" in international relations. It;s "interest" which matters.

So you are accepting that taliban is of interest to Pakistan as it helps them propel as saviours of Afghanistan ?

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom