Live Conflict War in Afghanistan

dani92

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Iraq
Tajiks look so Asian while at the same time they are an Iranic people related to Persians and Kurds.

Really weird but fascinating at the same time.
Probably they had a lot of Turkic and mongol blood also a lot of their population is Uzbek and other central Asians . I heard the Tajiks aren’t even iranic but iranizied ancient central Asians.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
In a military sense, America undeniably won. Taliban got crushed so hard that they had to flee into their caves and wait. Where the US failed was in the misguided attempt at nation-building by propping up an unpopular regime.

It's the same when people say that America "lost" in Vietnam - militarily, we won and were winning really convincingly, it's just that we would have to stay in Vietnam forever in order to keep the puppet government alive.

There's a reason historians and military theorists separate military and diplomatic victories when talking about wars and battles.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
So, if I placed a gun on your head I am sure you would comply - but if my demands amounted to slicing yourself I think you would do your best to avoid that.
Not true if I had a gun and was capable of defending myself.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
"began sponsoring insurgents inside Pakistan"
Any 'proof' I provide your not going to accept. The problem with these things is we can never get proof' that all will accept.

Kulbhushan Sudhir Jadhav (also spelled Kulbhushan Yadav, alleged alias Hussain Mubarak Patel)[6][7][8] (born 16 April 1970) is an Indian national. It is alleged by the Pakistani government that he was arrested in the Pakistani province of Balochistan on charges of terrorism and spying for India's intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing.[9][10] On 10 April 2017, Indian foreign ministry alleged he had been "kidnapped last year from Iran and his subsequent presence in Pakistan has never been explained credibly".[11]

The Pakistani government stated that he was a commander in the Indian Navy who was involved in subversive activities inside Pakistan and was arrested on 3 March 2016 during a counter-intelligence operation in Balochistan.[12][13] The Indian government recognised Jadhav as a former naval officer but denied any current links with him and maintained that he took premature retirement and was abducted from Iran.[14][15][16]

On 10 April 2017, Jadhav was sentenced to death by a Field General Court Martial in Pakistan.[17][18] On 18 May 2017, the International Court of Justice stayed the execution pending the final judgement on the case.[19][20] On 17 July 2019, the court rejected India's appeal for Jadhav's release and ordered Pakistan to suspend the execution. It ruled that Pakistan will have to review the entire process of trial and conviction of Kulbhushan Jadhav and provide India with consular access.[21] Pakistan granted consular access to India, once. However subsequent requests were blocked.[22]

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Any 'proof' I provide your not going to accept. The problem with these things is we can never get proof' that all will accept.

Kulbhushan Sudhir Jadhav (also spelled Kulbhushan Yadav, alleged alias Hussain Mubarak Patel)[6][7][8] (born 16 April 1970) is an Indian national. It is alleged by the Pakistani government that he was arrested in the Pakistani province of Balochistan on charges of terrorism and spying for India's intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing.[9][10] On 10 April 2017, Indian foreign ministry alleged he had been "kidnapped last year from Iran and his subsequent presence in Pakistan has never been explained credibly".[11]

The Pakistani government stated that he was a commander in the Indian Navy who was involved in subversive activities inside Pakistan and was arrested on 3 March 2016 during a counter-intelligence operation in Balochistan.[12][13] The Indian government recognised Jadhav as a former naval officer but denied any current links with him and maintained that he took premature retirement and was abducted from Iran.[14][15][16]

On 10 April 2017, Jadhav was sentenced to death by a Field General Court Martial in Pakistan.[17][18] On 18 May 2017, the International Court of Justice stayed the execution pending the final judgement on the case.[19][20] On 17 July 2019, the court rejected India's appeal for Jadhav's release and ordered Pakistan to suspend the execution. It ruled that Pakistan will have to review the entire process of trial and conviction of Kulbhushan Jadhav and provide India with consular access.[21] Pakistan granted consular access to India, once. However subsequent requests were blocked.[22]
Alleged? So there is literally 0 proof. What's the name of his lawyer - you know the guy who defended him in this so-called trial?

kumata

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

1627388158153.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom