Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
War is politics by other means am I correct ?? :giggle:

by this measure alone, I could argue that NATO is the real winner in the Afghan war

Basically after 20 years, NATO :

-manage to root out Al-Qaeda out of Afghanistan
-forced the Taliban out of it's hermit kingdom mentality
-enforce secular law in Afghanistan

BREAKING !!!! Taliban will use secular law instead of Sharia

so yes the 20 years war in Afghanistan is successful.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
so yes the 20 years war in Afghanistan is successful.
Do you know how many Afghan babies, girls, women and their sons have been killed and maimed in this 20 years? If it was your relatives I don';t think you would appreciate it.

If USA invaded your country, bombed, occupied it for two decades I would love to see you call that success.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If USA invaded your country, bombed, occupied it for two decades I would love to see you call that success.
think about Vietnam war.

the US spent 10 years fighting a communist insurgency, only for it's allied capitalist govt in the south to capitulate.

Fast forward 40+ years later, communist Vietnam is increasingly capitalistic and ironically becoming US/QUAD unofficial partner in containing China.

that is by all measures, success.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
think about Vietnam war.

the US spent 10 years fighting a communist insurgency, only for it's allied capitalist govt in the south to capitulate.

Fast forward 40+ years later, communist Vietnam is increasingly capitalistic and ironically becoming US/QUAD unofficial partner in containing China.

In the end the Taliban will become more capitalist.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
they will, in fact I'm betting that the Taliban in time will be what the now defunct Islamic republic of Afghanistan usually were.

and all those who supports the Taliban on religious ground, they'll ended up dismayed.

rainmaker

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
they will, in fact I'm betting that the Taliban in time will be what the now defunct Islamic republic of Afghanistan usually were.

and all those who supports the Taliban on religious ground, they'll ended up dismayed.
Most people who supported the Taliban do so because they're happy that the US lost. Very few of their supporters would ever want Talibani style rules in their own country.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Most people who supported the Taliban do so because they're happy that the US lost.
correct, once the common enemy is out, who will they turn their guns into ??

Very few of their supporters would ever want Talibani style rules in their own country.
correct, most are hypocrites living in a modern society. the pro Taliban spammers here comes from prosperous European and SE Asian country.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
How is that measure of success? You can only make that claim, if you look at the probable hypothetical scenario of US not bombing the hell out of Vietnam and the trajectory of the people of that country had been free from US military intrusion.

All I can say is if the Vietnamese have come this far DESPITE recieving greater volume of bombs then used in the entire WW2 one can only marvel how far they would have got without this mayhem and destruction.

Unless you think a apple a day and bomb a day helps people to go further ....... ????

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How is that measure of success? You can only make that claim, if you look at the probable hypothetical scenario of US not bombing the hell out of Vietnam and the trajectory of the people of that country had been free from US military intrusion.

All I can say is if the Vietnamese have come this far DESPITE recieving greater volume of bombs then used in the entire WW2 one can only marvel how far they would have got without this mayhem and destruction.

Unless you think a apple a day and bomb a day helps people to go further ....... ????

it's a success, by all means.

war is politics by other means, that means war are options when you ought to compel your foe into accepting your whims.

The now defunct Islamic Republic of Afghanistan was established by the US as an alternative to the draconian 90s Taliban Islamic Emirate.

characteristic that differ the Islamic republic to that of the Islamic Emirate at the time include:

1. Acceptance of international norms
2. Western standard human right
3. Secular law instead of Islamic sharia law
4. Inclusion of all ethnic and religious people in the government and society.

while this project (Islamic republic) eventually failed , the 20 years war is enough to compel the Taliban 2.0 to let go of their old self and start accepting those points I made above.

So basically, the Taliban is now modeling themselves after the liking and taste of the US, gradually.

the fact that the Taliban has now accepted law from Zahir shah era instead of the sharia, is a proof of such success, credited to 20 years of non stop superior NATO firepower.

so yes it's a V for NATO.

they've just remodeled the Taliban.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I agree. Life is a process. We evolve. Let me illustrate this by giving my extended family as example. 70 years ago my grandad in Pakistan was a patriarch of a family and nothing moved without his leave. The circumstances were little differant from people like Mullah Bradar and his Talibs live in.

Non of his female in his clan were educated. Strict Islamic law prevailed dressed in the local culture. Fast forward 70 years one of his offspring is a gay university profeessor with academic papers to his name, three of his grandaughters never married and lived for their high powered careers, one is a doctor. Time has literally turned everything upside down. Forget the rest if he heard some of views he would have got cardiac arrest. And this applies to his offspring in Pakistan and UK.

What began this evolution? Quest for better life. Education. Money. Once that process began it just speeded up through every iteration of the generations.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
characteristic that differ the Islamic republic to that of the Islamic Emirate at the time include:
You of course assume that Taliban V.01 would have never evolved. Even Saudia is evolving. 20 years is a long time.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You of course assume that Taliban V.01 would have never evolved. Even Saudia is evolving. 20 years is a long time.

every country evolved, politics evolve.

and I attribute this transformation of the Taliban to the NATO intervention .

So yes, it's by all means a success

for the supporters of Taliban due to religious ground, they will eventually knows that this s a big L

while supporters of the Taliban due to nationalistic ground, you just wait until the Taliban allied themselves with your geopolitical rival, India. I mean all is right in pursue of pragmatism, correct ??

afterall, who would have thought that fast forward 40 years, the communist Vietnam will ally with capitalistic USA against neighboring communist China.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom