Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is only the start of the nosedive of Japan, if they don't alter immigration policy drastically.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys I wanted to ask about Kavali Mehmet Ali Pasha.

How do most Turks see him?

Postive, Negative or Neutral?

Is he ever taught in Turkish history class?

My views of him are mainly neutral its easy brandish him a traitor but at the same time you can understand why he did it what his own motives were.

People think it was Ottomans vs Egyptians while in reality it was basically Ottomans vs Ottomans. You can basically say a civil war in the empire.
In Turkiye i guess most of people think he was a warlord in the dynasty .A little Negative but not much.in history full of this type of people,many of them were Turks

But in other countries maybe think he was the hero of Arab mısır and Muslim world that tried to start a Industrial Revolution.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the past time many rebel leaders rebelled not for nationalist but their own ambitions and power.For example Mihai the brave or Ali pasha.

Nowadays there were different view to these characters.

Russia(Romanov) and Turkiye(Ottomans) were the heirs of old empires. They don’t want to see these people as nationalists but only a rebellious warlords to the dynasty.

But new nationalists countries like Ukraine or Syria have to put these people to their own founders.otherwise they couldn’t create the history of their own.

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487
This person says fox says the royalties are 2% for the government, company gets the rest
1708028440856.jpeg

its seems berat albayrak was the old CEO of the company hence pelikan group has involvement

2% is still a lot if you want to fill up your pockets.

Then again its easy to rip off the government.

Some said the cyanide poisoning could reach chernobyl levels if nothing is done about it.

1708028484883.jpeg

1708028499316.jpeg

and so does menzil tarikat, pictures above belongs to members of menzil tarikat being allowed to enter forbidding zone while others were not. ofc where there is money so is the tarikats

images

i wish deep state would have paid them a visit

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Elections took place both in Turkey and here. Erdogan received 52% of the votes, Aliyev - 92. You there, in England, are in the information zone of the West. And every day tons of dirt are poured on our heads. By the way, the same applies to Erdogan. It is difficult to live in Europe and at the same time be outside this information field. Surely today Aliyev is called an authoritarian or already a dictator. But that's not what I'm talking about.
The Independent newspaper (Türkce, April 27) writes that according to a survey conducted in Azerbaijan, 90.4% of respondents would like to see Erdogan again as president of Turkey. And now my question arises: How is this so? Do we have two dictators in Azerbaijan? Isn't this a lot for one country? :)

The rest of our candidates received some 3%, some 2, some - 1. I’m sure that if among these candidates there was Biden or Trump, or your prime minister (what’s his name?! However, what’s the difference ?!) they would have received a maximum of 0.1 or 0.2% of the votes. And they don't deserve more. That's who we are!
Beep, wrong :p Tayyip Erdoğan got 34% of the votes. This is the percentage of votes received with partnerships.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,045
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the past time many rebel leaders rebelled not for nationalist but their own ambitions and power.For example Mihai the brave or Ali pasha.

Nowadays there were different view to these characters.

Russia(Romanov) and Turkiye(Ottomans) were the heirs of old empires. They don’t want to see these people as nationalists but only a rebellious warlords to the dynasty.

But new nationalists countries like Ukraine or Syria have to put these people to their own founders.otherwise they couldn’t create the history of their own.

Honestly in short the Ottoman Empire lost to its own general and governor rather than losing to Egypt.

It wasnt a independance war as some Egyptian nationalists claim. If Muhammed Ali Pasha took Istanbul he would be ruling Istanbul rather than Cairo or Alexandria. He used Egypt as his power to launch his own ambitions he even made it clear he wants to carve out his own empire and dynasty as the Ottomab Empire collapses. Before his war against the Ottomans he did actually expand his territories i to Arabian peninsula, Sudan even reaching borders of modern day Uganda.

People need legends and myths for their nation. Especially regarding nations that have been under foreign domination for centuries like Egypt and Ukraine as you said.

Greece and Armenia have been under foreign domination for centuries they try to reach out their ancient identities.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly in short the Ottoman Empire lost to its own general and governor rather than losing to Egypt.

It wasnt a independance war as some Egyptian nationalists claim. If Muhammed Ali Pasha took Istanbul he would be ruling Istanbul rather than Cairo or Alexandria. He used Egypt as his power to launch his own ambitions he even made it clear he wants to carve out his own empire and dynasty as the Ottomab Empire collapses. Before his war against the Ottomans he did actually expand his territories i to Arabian peninsula, Sudan even reaching borders of modern day Uganda.

People need legends and myths for their nation. Especially regarding nations that have been under foreign domination for centuries like Egypt and Ukraine as you said.

Greece and Armenia have been under foreign domination for centuries they try to reach out their ancient identities.
That just like Julius Caesar attacked and defeated Roman senate, that can’t be mentioned as French defeat Italy.

I think in western and the third world,The influence of the British Empire is too great. The British Empire is a very special racist regime, they only use white british to rule other group,no Native American or Indian or Chinese subjects of British empire can become a general or senior officer .

That’s completely different from the Ottomans, Rome, Russia, and Habsburgs.

The rebels against British empire was almost nationalistic so many people use this example to describe ottom

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 539
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Pakistani opposition party leader Imran Khan won elections while in prison.

In Russia, the leader of the opposition party Alexei Navalny (47 years old) died in prison (actually was killed).

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom