Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing everyone should remember is that many countries give residence permits or even citizenship for investments. In several countries it's about 1 million dollars.

There's one huge difference though between how other countries do it and how we do it. We give citizenship to whole families when only one guy buys a house. In some other countries your spouse can also become a citizen, but even if your spouse becomes a citizen, if your (already born) children aren't born in the country they will not get citizenship.

Second big difference is, they give the permit or (rarely) citizenship for investment, only after you lived in the country for several years, can prove your loyalty to the country and you can also prove you understand the culture, laws and your civic duties as a citizen, in the form of passing a test.

One big problem that no one, not even people like Ümit Özdağ, brings up, is the allegiance of these new citizens. I know Iranians so I will tell you about them. Persian Iranians' (as opposed to Azerbaijani Turks, Arabs, Turkmen and Baluch in Iran) main "other" inside their own country are the Azerbaijani Turks which constitute the largest minority (Persians aren't a majority either, only probably a plurality; no official numbers exist). Unlike say Kurds in Turkey, Azerbaijani Turks in Iran held power in the geographical Iranian Plateau from around the year 1000 to 1900, with very short periods of Persian regional rule. When Persians took over the reigns of power in the twentieth century in a coup with the help of the British, they started creating a new national identity for the country which was, naturally for them, defined against those who had ruled the country for so long, i.e Turks. So the national identity of Persian Iranians is defined with a backdrop of hatred of Turks. Anybody who has lived in Iran and knows enough Farsi to surpass the surface level politeness and cordiality of social interaction to get to the bottom of the ideological basis of a people's outlook knows that Persian Iranians have a deep hatred of Turks of all kinds. Other than this, based on racist delusions of Aryan race, they see ethnicities such as Kurds or Armenians as basically Persians and consider them blood brothers. You can see this in their reaction to Turkey's operations in Syria, or Azerbaijan's war with Armenia. Their government tries (or at least tried up until a couple of years ago) to hide this hatred and attitude towards Turks, but if an ideology is prevalent among a people it will inevitably become state policy. Many don't know this but there is a shadow ban on any importer who tries to import stuff from Turkey to Iran, even if it is profitable for them to buy from Turkey instead of let's say Italy or South Korea. Turkey is right next to Iran, but has almost zero share of home appliance market there, while friends who tried to enter the market were blocked by Iranian authorities; all this, when Iran imports home appliances from various east Asian and European countries for less profit. When you are willing to sacrifice business and profits, that shows the level of commitment you have to that deep-seated hatred.

Now what is the point of this rant you say? You know who buys the most houses in Turkey and becomes a citizen that way, with their 7 child households all becoming "Turks"? Iranians. They have lost the no.1 spot to Russians and sometimes are no.3 behind Iraqis in the last year, but if you calculate from the start of this policy, Iranians are the main beneficiaries of citizenship through house purchases.

They hate Turks deep down. They will not show it to your face ever, because they are the masters of that oriental Janus face hypocrisy, they practically invented it (original Şark Kurnazları). But ask any Azerbaijani Turk from Iran and they will tell you Iranian Persians have one religion only and that's hating Turks, not Shiism (this may sound like exaggeration to you, but it permeates every facet of their existence). You take thousands of these people who openly in their social media hate Turkey so much to the point that they sympathize with PKK and any actor who is against Turkey (Armenia, Greece, you name it) and give citizenship en masse to these guys? You're practically forming a fifth column with your own hands in your own country

Note though that this obviously doesn't apply to Azerbaijani Turks who hold Iranian passports and may introduce themselves as Iranian. They love Turkey more than Turks. But this is a huge problem. You take in people whose allegiances lie with your state's enemies. Even if giving citizenships for investment is not a wrong policy, it shouldn't be applied en masse, for whole families and esp. without any background check into the person's ideologies and beliefs. A quick scroll through a person's social media reveals their true colors.

Last edited:

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 998
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing everyone should remember is that many countries give residence permits or even citizenship for investments. In several countries it's about 1 million dollars.

There's one huge difference though between how other countries do it and how we do it. We give citizenship to whole families when only one guy buys a house. In some other countries your spouse can also become a citizen, but even if your spouse becomes a citizen, if your children aren't born in the country they will not get citizenship.

Second big difference is, they give the permit or (rarely) citizenship after investment, after you lived in the country for several years and you can prove your loyalty to the country and you can also prove you understand the culture, laws and your civic duties as a citizen, in the form of passing a test.

One big problem that no one, not even people like Ümit Özdağ, brings up, is the allegiance of these new citizens. I know Iranians so I will tell you about them. Persian Iranians' main "other" inside their own country are the Azerbaijani Turks which constitute the largest minority. Unlike say Kurds in Turkey, Azerbaijani Turks in Iran held power in the geographical Iranian Plateau from around the year 1000 to 1900, with very short periods of Persian regional rule. When Persians took over the reigns of power in the twentieth century in a coup with the help of the British, they started creating a new national identity for the country which was, naturally for them, defined against those who had ruled the country for so long, i.e Turks. So the national identity of Persian Iranians is defined with a backdrop of hatred of Turks. Anybody who has lived in Iran and knows enough Farsi to surpass the surface level politeness and cordiality of social interaction to get to the bottom of the ideological basis of a people's outlook knows that Persian Iranians have a deep hatred of Turks of all kinds. Other than this, based on racist delusions of Aryan race, they see ethnicities such as Kurds or Armenians as basically Persians and consider them blood brothers. You can see this in their reaction to Turkey's operations in Syria, or Azerbaijan's war with Armenia. Their government tries (or at least tried up until a couple of years ago) to hide this hatred and attitude towards Turks, but if an ideology is prevalent among a people it will inevitably become state policy. Many don't know this but there is a shadow ban on any importer who tries to import stuff from Turkey to Iran, even if it is profitable for them to buy from Turkey instead of let's say Italy or South Korea. When you are willing to sacrifice business and profits, that shows the level of commitment you have to that deep-seated hatred.

Now what is the point of this rant you say? You know who buys the most houses in Turkey and becomes a citizen that way, with their 7 child households all becoming "Turks"? Iranians. They have lost the no.1 spot to Russians and sometimes are no.3 behind Iraqis in the last year, but if you calculate from the start of this policy, Iranians are the main beneficiaries of citizenship through house purchases.

They hate Turks deep down. They will not show it to your face ever, because they are the masters of that oriental Janus face hypocrisy, they practically invented it (original Şark Kurnazları). But ask any Azerbaijani Turk from Iran and they will tell you Iranian Persians have one religion and that's hating Turks. You take thousands of these people who openly in their social media sympathize with PKK and any actor who is against Turkey and give citizenship en masse to these guys? You're practically forming a fifth column with your own hands.

Note though that this obviously doesn't apply to Azerbaijani Turks who hold Iranian passwords and may introduce themselves as Iranian. They love Turkey more than Turks. But this is a huge problem. You take in people whose allegiances lie with your state's enemies. Even if giving citizenships for investment is not a wrong policy, it shouldn't be applied en masse, for whole families and esp. without any background check into the person's ideologies and beliefs. A quick scroll through a person's social media reveals their true colors.
Kicking out all the ''refugees'' that came in the last decade should be a bigger prio than fixing the economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Almost all Turkish major weapon tests start with Bismillah or accompanied by the Takbeer (Allahu Akbar). Just browse the weapons and engine test videos.
Just gonna chime in here.

Being the sword of Islam for about 1000 years, Turks had an oversized effect on the religion and vice versa. No one can deny that, it's nature and tradition at this point. It is natural to say the words as they are a part of our language. You say alasmarladık when saying bye, you say vira bismillah when getting underway on a boat. Vira bismillah is more interesting, because vira a Greek originated word, doesn't have a meaning in Turkish.

One thing I notice with our guest friends from other parts of the world however is they fail to see that Turkish culture, although shaped and molded by Islam, is much bigger than just being a muslim. Being a muslim or being from a muslim background is only a part of our identity and for an important minority of our population, it's not even the biggest part of our identity. That's why we have no sharia, that's why Atatürk's reforms mostly worked in Turkey. Even for the most devout conservative muslims, republic offers far more and it's not a clash of religions or ideals inside Turkey or with our neighbors, even with adversaries; but mostly interests. Even after 22 years of Erdoğan, this has not changed. If anything, Turkey has never been this transactional in its history. We are not in this for a clash of civilizations, but for our interests. This never changed. Government tried it in the last decade, failed miserably on all fronts and now is trying to repair the damage caused. No one's talking about Rabia anymore, wonder why.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No one's talking about Rabia anymore, wonder why
Rabia means 4 (four),
  1. Tek millet (one nation)
  2. Tek bayrak (one flag)
  3. Tek vatan (one homeland)
  4. Tek devlet (one state)
"Bir olacağız, iri olacağız, diri olacağız, kardeş olacağız, hep birlikte Türkiye olacağız."
"We will be one, we will be big, we will be strong, be will be brothers, we will make up Türkiye altogether"

Who can have a problem with these words.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,529
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Rabia means 4 (four),
  1. Tek millet (one nation)
  2. Tek bayrak (one flag)
  3. Tek vatan (one homeland)
  4. Tek devlet (one state)
"Bir olacağız, iri olacağız, diri olacağız, kardeş olacağız, hep birlikte Türkiye olacağız."
"We will be one, we will be big, we will be strong, be will be brothers, we will make up Türkiye altogether"

Who can have a problem with these words.
Because that's a made up meaning for the slogan and the hand sign. It was a direct dog whistle for the Ikhwan in Egypt and adopted the killed girl's name and the Rabia square as it's main symbol.

Now Mursi is dead, Rabia is dead, Ikhwan is at its least powerful time ever in its history, they're not even safe in Turkey. Sisi used to be the bane of evil, along with MBZ who was stated to fund the 2016 coup attempt, and we are now friends again. Since then noone does the Rabia sign anymore. Muslim Brotherhood lost, and so did Erdoğan.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Muslim Brotherhood lost, and so did Erdoğan
What did Erdoğan lose, I can not follow.

bPg6F_1682600597_3899.jpg

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Is it true that Turks living abroad started voting today?

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it true that Turks living abroad started voting today?
I believe so, They can vote until the 9th of May and then the votes will be taken to Turkiye and be counted with the rest of the votes on 14th May.

I could be wrong, I don't vote so i don't really bother gathering much information about this topic.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I believe so, They can vote until the 9th of May and then the votes will be taken to Turkiye and be counted with the rest of the votes on 14th May.

I could be wrong, I don't vote so i don't really bother gathering much information about this topic.
Why arent you voting though?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The stakes are getting higher each passing day.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would I vote when I don't live in that country. Maybe in the future if I live in Türkiye I would vote. Otherwise I don't bother.

That's noble of you. I think people shouldnt be any voting for people permanently outside of Turkey.

That being said people are rushing the consulates here in Germany and will have an impact of 2.5 % of the upcoming election while living thousands of km away without knowing the situation on the ground.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All you are talking in vain.

134479.jpeg

Onion was 1 lira 2 years ago. People are unable to buy their basic needs.
did you see all the videos some months ago, onions emptied by the truck drivers after picked up by those from the farmers? this is a problem in our Turkish mentality...açgözlük....(i remember that Cüneyt Arkın movie where the bad guys were throwing oranges into the Ocean)

i repeat....i hate Political threats

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's noble of you. I think people shouldnt be any voting for people permanently outside of Turkey.

That being said people are rushing the consulates here in Germany and will have an impact of 2.5 % of the upcoming election while living thousands of km away without knowing the situation on the ground.
BS
my family live in Germany and they exactly know what is going on here

Okan

Reactions
2 194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Do you know that 1 Euro= 21,44 Lira? If I lived in germany, i would run to vote. Look at the cars of people who come to Turkey on holiday. All of them love Turkey, but none of them want to live here. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom