Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
There are only 27 unopened local ballot boxes left. Counting votes from foreign countries continues Erdoğan probably needs around 300-400k votes to win. IMHO Erdo has %49 chance to win the first round.
So at this point it's either Erdogan wins now or he wins in the second round. Or could Kilicdaroglu theoretically rally together enough support to win the second round?

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
So at this point it's either Erdogan wins now or he wins in the second round. Or could Kilicdaroglu theoretically rally together enough support to win the second round?
Probably not(KK) but its Turkish politics,you never know.

MhhJA

Reactions
2 253
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would say Erdogan has won to 99% he only needs less than 1% to get over 50%.
And it's very unlikely Kilicdaroglu will get almost all nationalist votes from Ogan.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,705
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a way but I doubt Kılıçdaroğlu will agree. If Kılıçdaroğlu withdraws and supports Sinan Oğan the opposition will have a good shot to win. Sinan Oğan's voters %100 will vote for him which will add %5.3 percent. Sinan Oğan can gain votes from AKP and MHP on top of that HDP will be forced to vote either for Sinan Oğan or Erdoğan. IMHO HDP will choose Oğan in the end even though it is a lose-lose scenario for HDP. Sinan Oğan also has a respectable vote in eastern provinces.

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487
When I said "reset" I meant that his term limit as the prime minister didn't count when he became president. His term limit was up as the prime minister, so he became the president and changed the constitution to a presidential system.
he became president at 2014 then at 2018 2 full tern presidency by law he is banned to run for the 3rd term

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487
There is a way but I doubt Kılıçdaroğlu will agree. If Kılıçdaroğlu withdraws and supports Sinan Oğan the opposition will have a good shot to win. Sinan Oğan's voters %100 will vote for him which will add %5.3 percent. Sinan Oğan can gain votes from AKP and MHP on top of that HDP will be forced to vote either for Sinan Oğan or Erdoğan. IMHO HDP will choose Oğan in the end even though it is a lose-lose scenario for HDP. Sinan Oğan also has a respectable vote in eastern provinces.
how it comes that we 2 think about the same thing

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it not possible for KK to withdraw and instead endorse Mansur Yavas or Imamoglu in the second round? Or is it too late now?

It doesn't make sense that the opposition would throw away the future of their party, millions of young citizens and the country just because KK wanted to be Presidential candidate.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Then I hope KK swallows his pride and agrees because it would be the most hilarious upset in Turkish election history to have a candidate with 5% of the votes win the presidency.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There must be some sort of loophole. Surely, KK can withdraw due to 'sudden illness' - so another head of CHP/6 is elected before the second round?

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
Wow, those who were chanting for KK are now searching for some sort of loophole now that they are unsure KK will be able to win. I am expecting a very big competition for the CHP leadership soon. Imamoglu will definitely jump in. It will be very interesting to see what future holds for us.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
how it comes that we 2 think about the same thing
Didnt Kılıçdaroğlu cant leave now?

Just like Ince even he leave he still in the list.

Sinan Oğan had out

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,829
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are only 27 unopened local ballot boxes left. Counting votes from foreign countries continues Erdoğan probably needs around 300-400k votes to win. IMHO Erdo has %49 chance to win the first round.
I hope he doesn't get 50% and we go to the second round. There, and again I hope, Erdogan would win with 80% to 20% against KK and crush the rotten opposition to the ground and put an end to their lowly political existence with their parties down the drain.

CHP has too many baggage, too much negative emotional attachment. It wouldn't matter if KK was replaced or not. It's no more use for the nation. I wouldn't be upset if it got dissolved altogether, tomorrow.

Erdogan has won the elections without appeasing HDP for the Kurdish votes and they kept their composure during the counting whereas the nation alliance's performance was abysmal to say the least. They announced KK as the 13th President of the republic very early in the counting. They lied. They manipulated. They have no sense of responsibility. No decency whatsoever. These entities, organizations with their very leadership should be no more. For the good of the country, it's a national duty to eradicate them. We need new parties with clean sheets, with new faces. I'm saying these as someone who opposed Erdogan.

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
I hope he doesn't get 50% and we go to the second rounds. There, and again I hope, Erdogan would win with 80% to 20% against KK and crush the rotten opposition to the ground and put an end to their lowly political existence with their parties down the drain.

CHP has too many baggage, too much negative emotional attachment. It wouldn't matter if KK was replaced or not. It's no more use for the nation. I wouldn't be upset if it got dissolved altogether, tomorrow.

Erdogan has won the elections without appeasing HDP for the Kurdish votes and they kept their composure during the counting whereas the nation alliance's performance was abysmal to say the least. They announced KK as the 13th President of the republic very early in the counting. They lied. They manipulated. They have no sense of responsibility. No decency whatsoever. These entities, organizations with their very leadership should be no more. For the good of the country, it's a national duty to eradicate them. We need new parties with clean sheets, with new faces. I'm saying these as someone who opposed Erdogan.
I would rather see someone like Ince in CHP's leadership. At least this guy has some morals and seems to care about his country, unlike KK who gives so many promises and positions to anyone if he thinks it benefits him like some ppl already mentioned before(see those useless 4 opposition parties 😆). The same applies to Imamoglu, same mentality and attitude and again seems to care only about his gain. I sincerely hope CHP gets a better leader who cares about his country and its interests.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
KK will not withdraw from the election.Despite the warnings of all opponents, he did what he would do. It is very sad that the fate of the whole country was determined by these two old moron playing God .The 2nd election in 2 weeks will be the biggest gamble the country has ever played since the salvation war.If Tayyip Erdoğan wins this election, I think we are guaranteeing that this country will become an Iran.I have very mixed feelings.I love and hate this country with my flesh and nail.What more needs to happen to us for people to understand.The day the 2018 elections were lost, I had a terrible feeling.I said very dark and bad days are waiting for us, how will this country manage until the next election.This country has experienced many times worse things than I imagined, but despite everything, it has survived until today.But despite all the disasters, our people have not learned anything.People from my own family, friends, even people on this forum that I think are smart and patriotic , are quiet determined to destroy this country.It's the biggest tragedy that the people you see close to you are the one who harm you the most.These are the darkest days of my life.

Last edited:

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,663
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess the islamists are the majority, Pakistanis celebrating like they won the election themselves

Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
he can withdraw from candidacy. the reason we saw ince's picture is because he withdraw 1 day from election and the paper work were done by then
I dont know the PROCESS now....As there are no vice presıdent candidate in Turkish election

In case tomorrow Kılıçdaroğlu fall sick and cant wake up

I think the PROCESS is Nation alliance can put someone to replace him?

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe it's more likely that Sinan won't support anyone or would support Erdoğan, rather than backing KK.

He could potentially negotiate a good deal that would see him play a role in government.

Consider this: Sinan was expelled twice from MHP and didn't establish his own party nor join another like IYIP, where he's supposedly good friends with Meral.

It appears he remains loyal to MHP, and the quickest way for him to rejoin, possibly even lead the MHP and potentially be a presidential candidate in 5 years, would be through his support now.

Erdoğan and Bahçeli are expected to step down in 5 years, and Sinan could fill this power vacuum.

But if he chooses to support Kemal, he might find himself in a lose-lose situation for obvious reasons.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I hope he doesn't get 50% and we go to the second round. There, and again I hope, Erdogan would win with 80% to 20% against KK and crush the rotten opposition to the ground and put an end to their lowly political existence with their parties down the drain.

KK is critical to AK party, without him i doubt they could of stayed in power for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom