Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
For those criticising the govt decisions in Hatay
A Turkish friend of mine who knows ppl with ties close to the govt states that Turkey cant even reach the city. All the major routes have been destroyed and even the airport have been destroyed; thus, the govt have no means of sending either heavy machiners or personnel using land or air routes which makes stuff more complicated
That totaly makes senso to delay armys deployment for half a day...
If only someone had flying vehicles that are not dependant on road infrastructure, something something that can vertically take off and land.
I cant think of any institution in Turkey that has those...

*sarcasm off

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,297
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
:LOL:

Shamelessss, i have no words to say...

This is murder, the responsible should be held accountable for attempted murder.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
TRNC Civil Defence Forces working day and night to save our children we have 35 people (24 kids) under the rubbles of a hotel. While searching they have saved couple of other people alive! but not the children :( We still have hope.. I hope death toll won't rise :( I am very upset and angry. Most of those buildings are just pile of junk, not even proper concrete, paper thin iron bars.. Turks will never learn! 24 years past over 99!!!

1675805487669.png
1675805513734.png
1675805527589.png
1675805552949.png
1675805573311.png
1675805593491.png
1675805611454.png

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 964
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is murder, the responsible should be held accountable for attempted murder.
No, During albania earthquake i listen some experts and they said its very normal that building walls to crack and even fall but important is the columns if they dont crack then the building is safe .
That building it seems have large columns and have resisted the earthquakes .
We should accept that 90+% of fallen buildings are very old and not the new ones.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,297
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, During albania earthquake i listen some experts and they said its very normal that building walls to crack and even fall but important is the columns if they dont crack then the building is safe .
We should accept that 90+% of fallen buildings are very old and not the new ones.

the problem is they are masking it away.....

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Allah rahmet eylesin to our Sehids.

Im really heartbroken. We forget we live in a world full of natural disasters.

Also lets not forget Syria as the hospitals have filled up people cant even get care. While in Turkiye people are now in the cold with tents.

I seen the footage all those building collapsing like nothing.

Natural diasters are the natural tragedies we have to live with in this world.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
And who made the assesment one day after the earthquake that this building is safe?
Do you really wanna claim the expertize already started?
Stop defending the bullshit, i get the urge to puke...

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And who made the assesment one day after the earthquake that this building is safe?
Do you really wanna claim the expertize already started?
Stop defending the bullshit, i get the urge to puke...

You know its easy to critise erdogan and the akp.

But combating earthquakes is a long term issue.

None of the current and past administrations have done anything to combat by investing into new building standards, investing in technology, enforcing rules and laws and allowing construction companies too much lobbying power.

All the parties who are throwing mud at each other need to look themselves in the mirror.

Also I do believe the atitude of the Turkish people need to change I mean they dont even wear seatbelts.

When I went in 2002 as a kid it shocked me back then how nobody wore seatbelts while in Australia it was literally mandatory.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Crazy how the Ottomans without modern technology can at least earthquake proof their buildings while todays modern day buildings with that money and technology cant even keep one building up.

Embarassing.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You know its easy to critise erdogan and the akp.

But combating earthquakes is a long term issue.

None of the current and past administrations have done anything to combat by investing into new building standards, investing in technology, enforcing rules and laws and allowing construction companies too much lobbying power.

All the parties who are throwing mud at each other need to look themselves in the mirror.

Also I do believe the atitude of the Turkish people need to change I mean they dont even wear seatbelts.

When I went in 2002 as a kid it shocked me back then how nobody wore seatbelts while in Australia it was literally mandatory.
I didnt even mention Erdogan, i was simply talking about corrupt construction planners.
But now that you opened the can of worms, after 1999 they put a mandatory earth quake insurance on every single homeowner, this was almost 25 years ago, that money was to be used to strenghten infrastructure and demolish old vulnerable buildings.
It was to enforce stricter building codes yet even new buildings seem to collapse too.
What happened to that money?

Again stop stop defending bullshit, construction sector is corrupt to the core and the government is turning a blind eye to it thats not even a secret.

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487

the 2nd Turkish army with 120k manpower are in their barracks cuz government wont let them out TSK has the ability and equipment including field kitchen,hospital,bath and tent to save thousands but they keep them on short leash WTF they are doing it on purpose

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,110
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
One thing to keep in mind on the topic of why Turkiye is not flooding the area with military, is that Turkiye wants to avoid creating chaos in the devastated area.

If the area is flooded with military and random personnel, it will severely negatively impact the efficiency, work and coordination of professional rescue crews. Priority 1 right now is save people from the rubbles.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
One thing to keep in mind on the topic of why Turkiye is not flooding the area with military, is that Turkiye wants to avoid creating chaos in the devastated area.

If the area is flooded with military and random personnel, it will severely negatively impact the efficiency, work and coordination of professional rescue crews. Priority 1 right now is save people from the rubbles.
That is the most ridiculous take I've ever heard. The more able-bodied men you have, the better. There are thousands upon thousands of destroyed buildings. Tens of thousands of potential survivors trapped. There simply isn't enough dedicated rescue crews to ensure that every building is searched for survivors.

Meanwhile there are people looting. The military can stop this too.

The military aren't bunch of marauders that will cause more chaos, this isn't a bloody militia for god's sake. They are desperately needed at this moment. At least 50k, ideally 100k or more. The next day or two is critical.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom