DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
86 8,582
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't know, Kiel isn't known for peddling nonsense mate.

*Ukraine has 3x patriot batteries operational at the time when we read about Kinzal and Zircon interception.

*And these 3d batteries are NOT deployed at th same place with overlapping coverage. 2x batteries in Kiev. And third one is somewhere else/mostly Kharkiv.

*Two patriot battery has two AN/MPQ-53 radars. And Each can guide 18 interceptors at 9 targets. That means maximum 36x interceptots at once.

*Assuming the interceptor is PAC-2, launching all 32 launchers means guiding 128x missiles toward 1 target. Not only practically absurd but technically impossible.

*That's me being generous. Because usually it is a mix of PAC-3 and PAC-3. In that case, numbers of launched interceptors are twice or more. The whole proposition then becomes even bigger nonsense.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
11 1,418
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
*Ukraine has 3x patriot batteries operational at the time when we read about Kinzal and Zircon interception.

*And these 3d batteries are NOT deployed at th same place with overlapping coverage. 2x batteries in Kiev. And third one is somewhere else/mostly Kharkiv.

*Two patriot battery has two AN/MPQ-53 radars. And Each can guide 18 interceptors at 9 targets. That means maximum 36x interceptots at once.

*Assuming the interceptor is PAC-2, launching all 32 launchers means guiding 128x missiles toward 1 target. Not only practically absurd but technically impossible.

*That's me being generous. Because usually it is a mix of PAC-3 and PAC-3. In that case, numbers of launched interceptors are twice or more. The whole proposition then becomes even bigger nonsense.
Maybe its mathematically saying " to reach reliable interception rate of hypersonics you would need that many missiles which is not possible "

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
86 8,582
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Maybe its mathematically saying " to reach reliable interception rate of hypersonics you would need that many missiles which is not possible "

I don't think this is a correct explanation.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom