Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Network Enabled Weapon Laser Weapon System Alka + 40mm Mini Laser Guided Missile Mete'

adfa.jpg

a.jpg

ad.jpg

ALKA, Balistik Koruma Merkezi ve METE ile Vatan Sınırlarımız Güvende!.mp4_snapshot_01.15.033.jpg

Last edited:

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
How come 10 mins dialog led to purchase agreement with France?

It didn't. I Think its being blown out of proportion, even if how long would delivery take ? or how long till Full Operational Capability ?

September 2013:
Singapore’s Defense Minister announced Singapore’s acquisition of a Eurosam SAMP/T equipped with Aster 30 interceptors
Q4 2017:
They apparently received the initial Batch.

But Turkish Officials keep insisting on the Eurosam. President, Foreign Minister and MoD.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is trying to purchase European-made air defence missiles and approached his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron to drop his opposition to Turkey’s co-production of Eurosam's SAMP/T systems, officials told Bloomberg on Friday.

"Çavuşoğlu said that they also discussed this issue with his French counterpart. Referring to the preliminary agreement with the Eurosam company in the past, Çavuşoğlu said, "As Turkey, we signed a letter of intent with Eurosam on the purchase and joint production in the past. We can revive this as well. It does not have to be Patriot. We can get it." used the phrases."

While visiting the newly built F-35 facilities at Malatya Erhaç 7th Main Jet Base, Honorable Minister of National Defense Akar said that Turkey is interested in EUROSAM SAMP-T, that is, Aster air and missile defense system, in the program he attended yesterday, and will soon be talking about purchasing or co-production.

Turkey’s Minister of Defense Hulusi Akar today hinted at a possible purchase of air defense systems (ADS) from France and Italy.

> If they really want this Air Defence System, why wasn't Eurosam just chosen after Chinese Deal fell through in 2015 ?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan, Roketsan, and EUROSAM signed a deal to study the requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces. France stopped the deal. We never said we will purchase the SAMP/T. We said we want to conduct a study on the requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces and after that, we want to co-develop an appropriate system that will satisfy the needs of Türkiye and other 2 countries (Italy&France).

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should not make the same mistakes again and again, further in the project we will be kicked out F35 style and end up with empty hands again.

Better go for own systems, Fck the USA and EU

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Karataş: “HISAR-A+ acceptances have been completed. Acceptance of the HISAR-O+ system will also begin this weekend. These are stages and we can say that we have reached the final stage. Our work on SIPER has been going on for two years. A number of additional configuration changes are done."

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Karataş: “HISAR-A+ acceptances have been completed. Acceptance of the HISAR-O+ system will also begin this weekend. These are stages and we can say that we have reached the final stage. Our work on SIPER has been going on for two years. A number of additional configuration changes are done."
Link pls?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first Hisar-O+ battery will be accepted into the inventory this year. Initially, it will have Hisar-O+(IIR) missiles. Hisar-RF missiles will follow.

Hisar-RF missile will be available in the first half of 2022
100km range missile will be available in late 2022. It is probably Hisar-RF with a booster stage.
150km range Siper will be available in late 2023. It is a new and different design compared to Hisar-RF. It will have limited anti-ballistic capability.
After the Siper project, all attention will be given to the anti-ballistic missile system.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,782
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first Hisar-O+ battery will be accepted into the inventory this year. Initially, it will have Hisar-O+(IIR) missiles. Hisar-RF missiles will follow.

100km range missile will be available in late 2022. It is probably Hisar-RF with a booster stage.
150km range Siper will be available in late 2023. It is a new and different design compared to Hisar-RF. It will have limited anti-ballistic capability.
After the Siper project, all attention will be given to the anti-ballistic missile system.
I wish it was possible to deliver two or three at the same time.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Gökdoğan BVR air to air missile has completed test launch from an aircraft. Looking forward to seeing some footage!

2022 and 2023 will be the golden years for the Turkish defense industry
It will be the years where the results of all the investments post 2016 be achieved

I hope all of the tests be successful
Though what i really cant wait to see is Hurjet, TFX, and MIUS

M

Manomed

2022 and 2023 will be the golden years for the Turkish defense industry
It will be the years where the results of all the investments post 2016 be achieved

I hope all of the tests be successful
Though what i really cant wait to see is Hurjet, TFX, and MIUS
It goes back to 90s not post 2016 tho

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
was talking about future projects not the Missiles I understood what you said wrong I guess.
What projects began in the 90s though? I mean it would mean that some projects are already 20 to 30 years old. I wonder what massive projects are being conducted since that time, must have costed a fortune
From what I know all prominent projects began post the 2000s or am I wrong? Like TFX, Hurjet, Hisar defense complex, Altay, Reis-class Submarines and Air to Air Missile family etc

Last edited:

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
What is the current status of Bangladesh's arms/tech industry?

BoF produces BD-08 assault rifle, BD-15 LMG, Type 80 GPMG, 60mm mortar and mortar round, 82mm mortar round, grenade, practice bomb for BAF etc and AFAIK 105mm tank round and 82mm mortar. It also produces/assembles FN-16 MANPAD. Initiatives taken to produce ATGM, MANPAD (probably new), AGL all types of mortar and artillery rounds. There are plans for new assault rifle production line, naval gun, torpedo, missile and mine development.

If i remember right turkey withdraw their ambassador in bangladesh in 2016 over some issues ( dont remember why).
Is there any evidence Turkey hesitates selling weapons to Bangladesh?

For war criminal trial. Turkey stopped selling arms to us because of it too.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom