Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altay is prepared for long waited first delivery ceremony.

Ya for crying out loud ya!!!

Please stop adding f***** songs, music to military vehicle footage yaw! Any clip I click on, right away I turn the sound off.
I wait for this stuff for twenty years, god damn it.
It‘s turned into a “social media“ disease now.
I wanna hear those f***** jet, tank, UAV engines roar, not your shitty music library 🤬

EDIT: of course i didn’t mean you @Cabatli_TR
Please don’t get me wrong

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,180
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Please stop adding f***** songs, music to military vehicle footage yaw! Any clip I click on, right away I turn the sound off.
I wanna hear those f***** jet, tank, UAV engines roar, not your shitty music library 🤬

It's not that bad. Considering the times they put plevne march remix in every clip 🙄.Even İsmail Demir was doing that...

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,336
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

This happens in car videos too 🤬

godel44

Reactions
8 409
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I bet ordering a low volume of ATGMs of different types for testing purposes is pretty easy in the Middle Eastern black market. MIT could probably do it as easy as ordering pizza.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 983
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Probably not. They're not designed to do that.
I think only because of speed of Tank round because the size are not much difference . Javelin type missile speed is like speed of airlines
1000km/h while tank round is 4000-5000km/h that mean 5 times faster and tank radars cant act so fast.
But missiles like hellfire that are shoot from helicopters csn reach mach 3 so is Altay immune from hellfires ?

Last edited:
E

Era_shield

Any infro if Akkor can aslo destroy tank projectile like 155 mm or they are too fast ?
Early on it was said that Akkor has been designed to defeat APFSDS rounds (by tilting them) but I haven't seen this mentioned in a while. One of its unusual features was the spec for its radar, which claimed a range of 500m, much more than for other APS radars. It was said that this was to give the system time to react to an APFSDS round, which travels 5x faster than an ATGM. I don't know if the current system has this feature or not.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Delivery ceremony is in tomorrow

20230422_104523.jpg