DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Israelis claim their 5th gen Spike LR II can defeat APS.

1681686435911.png

According to RAFAEL, the SPIKE LR II is the only missiles known to have an inherent Counter-APS (CAPS) capability.

AKKOR should be tested against that too if possible.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 464
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to sipri trade registers, 160 javelins were delivered in 2017 by US.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Oh, Don't believe everything SIRPI trade registers says.
According them, BD army has 2x more rocket and heavy artillery then it actually does.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Congress supposedly approved that sale but I don't think it went through. Couldn't find the DSCA notice either, it used to be up.

Dmr

Reactions
1 334
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Ukraine,Russia(captured pieces like the ones they gave Iran last year) may have sold a few Javelins to Turkey.Probably to study it and maybe speed up the Karaok project.
It wasnt long ago when Karaok's effective range went from 1000m to 2500m(javelin's range) all of the sudden...

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Ukraine,Russia(captured pieces like the ones they gave Iran last year) may have sold a few Javelins to Turkey.Probably to study it and maybe speed up the Karaok project.
It wasnt long ago when Karaok's effective range went from 1000m to 2500m(javelin's range) all of the sudden...
That is not how it's work. Karaok's 2500m range were achieved before the war started if I am not mistaken.

Besides, reverse engineering is not that easy. Specially if you want to maintain the quality.

Dmr

Reactions
1 334
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
That is not how it's work. Karaok's 2500m range were achieved before the war started if I am not mistaken.

Besides, reverse engineering is not that easy. Specially if you want to maintain the quality.
I said study it(and its components) and maybe use some of that to improve Karaok and test Akkor,not reverse engineer or straight copy it.The "copy paste" approach will be done by Iran in close future like they did with Spike missile.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Funny thing I noticed, apparently Javelin's range depends on the command line unit that provides the targeting data. Vehicle launched Javelins have more range, on the merit of the more capable IIR optics present on the platform.

I wonder how feasible it would be to add datalink capabilities to Karaok in order to get mid-course targeting capabilities from other platforms.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Funny thing I noticed, apparently Javelin's range depends on the command line unit that provides the targeting data. Vehicle launched Javelins have more range, on the merit of the more capable IIR optics present on the platform.

Yeah, I know that too. Newer javelins has 4000m range or something like that.

I wonder how feasible it would be to add datalink capabilities to Karaok in order to get mid-course targeting capabilities from other platforms.

Nuh, probably not worth it.

More feasible with Umtas and Omtas.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nuh, probably not worth it.
In order to lighten the logistical footprint and ensure sufficient supply in times of crisis, OMTAS and KARAOK should merge into a single missile that can be fired from absolutely EVERYTHING. The US already taking steps in that route, slapping Javelin into anything and everything they can.
Are we richer than the US?

E

Era_shield

Whether or not the latest Javelins were used for testing is irrelevant. The updates the most recent Javelin had involve increases in range and penetration, neither of which has any effect on the Akkor's interception of them.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The updates the most recent Javelin had involve increases in range
Which applied to the CLU(guidance computer), the missile is largely the same. Just wanted to point that out.

You're right about Akkor tho, it beats them all.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
By far, easier than starting from scratch.

We're talking about Türkiye here, not China or elsewhere.
What's your point? Be more specific. we talking about karaok here.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Avtua
Actually it is not necessary or true acc to me . At Libya many javelin captured from Hafter which belongs to France at 2019 . Probably some of them came to Türkiye if needed at 2019. Also if I don't remember wrongly some rumour existed also captured from PKK at least just missile.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,064
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Avtua
Actually it is not necessary or true acc to me . At Libya many javelin captured from Hafter which belongs to France at 2019 . Probably some of them came to Türkiye if needed at 2019. Also if I don't remember wrongly some rumour existed also captured from PKK at least just missile.

Did the Americans know about what the French are doing.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did the Americans know about what the French are doing.
Yes they know BM will questioned it. And asked to French and BAE. But I didn't follow more. Only French said that these given to french military base for protection purpose ... and also these missiles broken ones... May be a French and BAE member enlighten us because at a point I cant find reliable sources.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom