Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not quite sure what happened to TAI's Light Utility Helicopter, but thought I'd refresh everyone's memory that such a project did exist :)
LO0jAG.jpg
8Nojzn.png

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
New version - Aselsan AVCI II Head Mounted Display
View attachment 16353

Compared to AVCI I
View attachment 16354

I guess we will have to wait for IDEF 21 to get more information about the new version's specifications..

Btw, About the AVCI Helmet Integrated Cueing System

709217_32606_01122017151818_auto_x1.jpg

AVCI Helmet Integrated Cueing System (HICS) is a visor-projected system. It is designed for helicopter platforms to improve the pilot's situational awareness and increase the capabilities of the pilot and aerial vehicle with its night vision, video, symbology, accurate head tracking.

Night vision, IR video, navigation and weapon symbology
Generation of head tracking information for accurate line of sight cueing and targeting
Personalized inner liner for pilot
Protection of Pilot's head and face against impact and sharp objects

Subassemblies

Headgear Unit (assembly of Basic Helmet, Display Module, Head Tracking Module, Connection and Battery Module)
Electronics Unit (Symbology generation, video processing and head tracking algorithms)
Cockpit Camera Modules (for head tracking)
Control Panel (user interface on the platform for adjustments and selections)

Technical Features

Basic Helmet is composed of lightweight composite materials and individually manufactured inner liner specific to the user.

Video, navigation, weapon and platform symbologies and external video (i.e. IR camera, missile seeker) are projected on Pilot's visor. The symbology of the system can be designed according to the platform and user specifications.

Hybrid Head Tracking system, which uses both optical and inertial tracking methods, provides easy cockpit installation.

Electronic Unit

Custom ATR size
Symbology Generation Capability
Video and Symbology Overlay
2 x Analog Video Inputs
1 x Analog Video Recording Output
Redundant MIL-STD-1553 Interface
Ethernet and Serial Communication (RS-232/RS-422/RS-485)
28 VDC Operating Power
MIL-STD-704 compliant
MIL-STD-810 compliant
MIL-STD-461 compliant

Headgear

Personalized, Comfortable and Stable Fit for Pilot's Head
Hybrid Head Tracking System
Connection and Battery Module
Night Vision
40° Circular FOV
Impact and Acoustic Protection
Clear and Dark Visors

yusuf

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
59762AC3-F2EB-459E-B6F5-AC9A51E6BE81.jpeg
97746224-C7A4-4288-94EB-756FB3A55253.jpeg

new genaration ir missiles do not follow lateral flares,only forward flares could be effective against it as seen on the second photo

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,186
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Curious if two helicopters can carry one hanging payload. Considering elaborate tasks can be accomplished with the help of AI why not several helicopters carry a single payload holding from several points. Have you guys seen any precedence?
I found the answer that is has at least been done once, just the way I thought. It is not very reliable but is acceptable viable. Two helicopters are separated by a beam on which the payload is attached in whatever configuration. The beam helps keep the helicopters separated. This way two or more smaller helicopters can be used to move heavy loads. Like crashed helicopters from highlands or from water. surface This way probably we don't need very heavy lift helicopters like the chinook for such tasks. Good to know.

eRgCd.jpg

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This was suggested in Savtera forum too, it looks logical and very cool to simulate motion and the helicopter but it’s not necessary or maybe even dangerous and fatiguing for remote operation. A nice chair with ergonomic console and high resolution surround displays should be enough.

There was a doubt about piloting ability but in my opinion people can adapt to motionless mode and perform better without side effects of motion sickness and vertigo.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom