Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Cowling, Air inlet got replaced. A part for testing maybe?

Sorry, I did not understand which part you were talking about? couldn't see any difference

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I am not an expert or an aero engineer, is it me or this one is also shaking like first prototype.. Helicopter still has some vibration and don't look stabilized to me, which would extend test process if it is true. First flight was 3 years ago.. I thought it would become more stabilized in time. This one truely looks like finished product and should be better than other two.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The helicopter is flying perfectly. It is extremely stable. The helicopter encountered no vibration issue since its first flight and this is very rare in helicopter development. The transmission and rotor have perfect coherence with the body.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,600
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not an expert or an aero engineer, is it me or this one is also shaking like first prototype.. Helicopter still has some vibration and don't look stabilized to me, which would extend test process if it is true. First flight was 3 years ago.. I thought it would become more stabilized in time. This one truely looks like finished product and should be better than other two.
To me it looks like the nose is going a little bit up but it may be an illusion by the edit of the video.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,781
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I posted the tweet from my museum object, but watching the video again it looks very stable only a slight wobble can be seen when it's rotating, but I'd assume that it's normal because they're doing small scale turning around.

I'd really like to see it moving from point A to B at different altitude and speed to get a better impression on how it's doing (including take off and landing).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
To me it looks like the nose is going a little bit up but it may be an illusion by the edit of the video.
That maybe correct as I see an extension tube attached to the front. I am not 100% sure what this tube is used for but I think it is a weight balance to balance the weight between the front of the mast and the back. As every piece of equipment added to the body creates a shift in the center of gravity of the helicopter they need to find out empirically how much counter balance should be added or how far from the center the weights need to be moved. This experimenting should be remade until the last piece of weight/equipment is added. My two cents.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom