what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,102
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sometimes touchscreen doesn't give me the confidence in terms of reliability.

Sometimes you just need a button, for example in a Tesla you need to find the volume on a giant touchscreen without any haptic feedback while driving, if you want to turn the volume down.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,839
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I didn't imply using but developing, experimental gokbey or T-129 can be used for this purpose. I don't see much chances on developing a larger turboshaft engines for atak-II and general purpose helicopter without first completing the TS-1400 for military applications.

If t-629 gets a customer by then, the engines can be used on those. Otherwise militarized TS-1400 will remain as an interim step towards the bigger ones. TS-1400 itself will already find sufficient application on gokbey.
I wanted SSB to milirarize TS1400 that's what we all expected. Take away polices Atak and give them TS1400 variant T629-P

M

Manomed

Turkey is a maker of helicopters and we get to buy engines at maker prices and not export customer prizes. Each engine should cost around $1mn for us. We are not having capable machines because we are rich but because we can make them cost effectively.

People should be thankful that the government can resort to the public charity for national solidarity efforts rather than piling up debt. People are happy that their losses are being compensated. Apparently our government doing so well doesn't work for everyone.
Yeah Its working so well thats why I have to pay extra money for food and meat lol

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
on the old design, window was a single piece of glass, while in the new design, a part of the glass was downsized with plate. When looked at in detail, the door form has preserved its shape

1_auto_x2.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,924
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
hello everyone

sorry to ask but am quite confused regarding the turkish helicopter projects , as far as I understand there are 3 projects at the same time to develop new helicopters for the TSK , these are :

1- T-929 which is Atak 2 helicopter .
2- T-629 which is unmanned helicopter .
3- 10 ton general purpose helicopter .
4- T-625 gökbey helicopter .

if those codes and names are correct , why the urgency to develop the T629 unmanned helicopter while it more important to do the 10 ton utility helicopter first since the TN is expanding and TA lack of transport helicopter ?

another question for something if true I would really be sad , I have not recently seen any video or rendering from TAI for the T-929 with Meteksan MILDAR Helicopter Fire Control Radar installed , what's the status of this project ? why we haven't seen it on T-129 since this radar is almost in develop for more than 8 years ? if the numbers below are true , then its amazing what the turkish industry have achieved yet its sad not seeing the best helicopter radar in the world operational .

EDtjsOTXsAE_mpp
I think the reply is here about Mildar.
On the T-929 the new Mildar will be positioned above the rotor blades.
1630859219545.jpeg

L

LegionnairE

on the old design, window was a single piece of glass, while in the new design, a part of the glass was downsized with plate. When looked at in detail, the door form has preserved its shape

View attachment 30476
View attachment 30478
View attachment 30477
it means armor protection is taking a priority over visibility

Maybe in future we could see a double FLIR and no windows.

Or maybe 360 degree camera coverage and a VR visor or something.

Because ballistic glass is very heavy and not as effective as just 7075 T6 aluminium alloy.
Speaking of which.. what metal is this bird going to be made out of?

Last edited by a moderator:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
it means armor protection is taking a priority over visibility

Maybe in future we could see a double FLIR and no windows.

Or maybe 360 degree camera coverage and a VR visor or something.

Because ballistic glass is very heavy and not as effective as just 7075 T6 aluminium alloy.
Speaking of which.. what metal is this bird going to be made out of?

I do not think so..but who knows.. maybe in future

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not strictly Turkish helicopters, however, they are partly Turkish as they've gone through extensive modernisation in the defence suite.

AH-1W
442dabcb2192e0dd5d5e4da5baf17cc1 (1).jpg

S-70 Black Hawk
166328e30d9b13fe28bc16e4bc1e6248 (1).jpg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom