Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The picture was posted by TAI’s official Twitter account. So it’s not a “leak”.

also there is a difference between trying to draw conclusions about the aerodynamics and stealth capabilities of a craft through pictures and pointing out bad design elements prototype or not.

no one here can defend the nose section. There is a difference between fanboying projects and supporting them, people.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are obvious big mistakes have been done in design.
FLIR and 20mm guns positions are problematic,
Both pilots have very limited vision,
Engine section looks weirdly flat without any filters, bypass channels, inlets or other types of purposed holes,
Sadly this looks like things have been rushed..

I agree I mainly focused on the Nose but the view for both the pilot and gunner look very limited. From the picture I would even argue there is a good chance the pilot probably sees fuck all.

we shall wait and see. For me it seems there was a rush too, but not gonna go into that.

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess we are seeing the negative side of the election rush.

Picture is in bad quality but ATAK 2 does seem to be rushed and ended up badly. It looks like Iranian rough designs and not the elegant/detailed designs of TUSAS.

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is the prototype of AH-64:
a-left-side-view-of-a-prototype-of-the-ah-64-apache-helicopter-substandard-1557c7-1600.jpg

And this is today's AH-64:
main-qimg-e6aaa7ff0c299d3ba8f2f7c57a261f71-lq.jpg

As we can see there are countless changes in the design, especially in the frontal sections and this is a very usual thing. Prototypes and serial productions are always very different.

So I am very sure that the product in the serial production phase will be much different.

But I can clearly say that it seems the production of the first prototype has been done in rush. I don't know whether this is a preference or not in order to make the first flight fast as soon as possible. Because TF-X and Hürjet didn't seem like this.

This is AW249, flew a couple of weeks ago. It is very detailed and the craftsmanship is perfect.

AW249_new-flight_1-678x381.jpg

Last edited:

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I do understand some criticism about the Flir location, but how do you determine the build quality from that low quality (+zoomed to oblivion) photo?

There doesn't seem to be any detailed cuts
It just looks like a rough metal block.

I mean I like ugly designs but this doesn't looks like a design at all.

But again I wait for the better picture and final product to make my judgement.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,539
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Any detailed cuts, from a 2 pixel photo?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Will we co-produce these Ukrainian engines and work with Ukrainians to renew their technology? Or will it be supplied entirely from Ukraine? If these engines will be supplied entirely from Ukraine, will we switch to domestic engines in the future?
Let me answer my own questions. Engines will be co-produced here, Technological renewal is not planned. In the future, there will be a change with domestic engines.

This is the information given by @VLS from the Defenturk.com forum.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is the prototype of AH-64:
View attachment 56369

And this is today's AH-64:
View attachment 56370

As we can see there are countless changes in the design, especially in the frontal sections and this is a very usual thing. Prototypes and serial productions are always very different.

So I am very sure that the product in the serial production phase will be much different.

But I can clearly say that it seems the production of the first prototype had been done in rush. I don't know whether this is a preference or not in order to make the first flight fast as soon as possible. Because TF-X and Hürjet didn't seem like this.

This is AW249, flew a couple of weeks ago. It is very detailed and the craftsmanship is perfect.

View attachment 56372
Actually it's been a while that AW-249 flown it's also an abomination tho.

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

That was what I was talking about. It is not about rivets on the body or something like that.
When high-res pics were released, we talk again. But this is not matching with the usual TAI quality at all in my opinion.

E

Era_shield

The Atak-2 is clearly not fully assembled, and the image is potato quality too. We just went through this exact same thing with the TFX!

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom