Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I didn't like Flir's place. Why didn't they leave it as it is? At 30mm, the distance seems very close.

It looks like the Flir AF R400D.

The FLir position and nose structure are quite different from last mock-up. Assuming that it is still first prototype, I think nise section at serial production version will be at the most ideal and effective maturity.

Screenshot_20230419_100906_Opera beta.jpg

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't see the issue, but nose being elevated should allow FLIR to move and see more angles, an maybe it has better aerodynamics than the previous design with a cavity for electro optics

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Bruh you can't be serious this doesn't look great at all. That FLIR and guns positions are problematic, and this engine inlet looks suspiciously flat and weird.
View attachment 56351
Poorly manufactured: Structurally problematic. (You can't even comment on that due to low rez photos)

Poorly designed: A design that goes against contractual requirements. Still, you can't comment on it too strictly since you weren't a part of the design team and had no access to such data.

All in all, you should first define what exactly you're criticizing.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Commenting on something that you can't even see clearly is surely loaded with prejudice.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Commenting on something that you can't even see clearly is surely loaded with prejudice.
No I don't have any prejudice towards any Turkish company except BMC. We can comment on things based on the knowledge we have, the first impression we have is that it seems ugly. It's not necessarily a bad comment.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Will we co-produce these Ukrainian engines and work with Ukrainians to renew their technology? Or will it be supplied entirely from Ukraine? If these engines will be supplied entirely from Ukraine, will we switch to domestic engines in the future?

Slayer

Reactions
1 188
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would take reliability and effectiveness over beautiful any day. When the shit hits the fan beauty won't save you.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We went from this beauty due to engines changes

34FC92A6-CAD4-4B17-9736-AE2684E03B92.jpeg

to this

94F5BE42-5AF8-4B6F-B307-828F729C3DC6.png

And the prototype looks like a mutant of the latter design.

WTF happened, especially the nose and intakes look horrible in the picture.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would take reliability and effectiveness over beautiful any day. When the shit hits the fan beauty won't save you.

with that kind of nose design you will fuck up your expensive as fuck flir the moment you pull the trigger on your 30mm. :)

There is a reason why FLIRs are separated from the turret.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This talk of aesthetics is meaningless, it doesn’t matter.
As for how the EO is situated right next to the gun though, that’s not right. You can’t explain everything with “that’s how it’s designed”. Design needs to accounts for physics, that flir will turn bright white every time that guns fires frontward.

here’s hoping it’s not near close to the final product.

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
People are making comments on a poor quality photo, wait for high quality photos then make your comments. I do agree it doesn't look that good but the first photo of the TF-X on the runway looked quite ugly too, then the high quality photos blew my mind.

buraktunahan

Reactions
9 366
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The biggest misfortune of TAI is that the ugly photos that were taken secretly before they had a chance to promote their products were served to the media. We experienced this in TFX as well. Until the high resolution photos are released.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The biggest misfortune of TAI is that the ugly photos that were taken secretly before they had a chance to promote their products were served to the media. We experienced this in TFX as well. Until the high resolution photos are released.
Absolutely right. They gotta stop these “leaks”.

Top Bottom