Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder how long it'll take for naval versions to enter our inventory. I feel like Atak-II will be much more impactful for our navy rather than army.

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I thought the first flight was to be go on today? Ismail Demir stated that it would fly on 18 march, however I presume due to the 4 month delay with the engines they postponed it , still there is no official announcment unless I missed it.
Also I believe there is a disagreement on the calibre of front cannon, It would be absurd to use 20mm İMO for the land variant ( the 20mm variant could be tailored towards the need and requirement of the navy maybe)
1679147203610.png

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,701
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
People think engines delivered today. That is not true. More than a month passed over the delivery of the engines. Engine delivery is delayed a lot though. Atak-II comes with 20mm and 30mm autocannon options. 30mm will be standard.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
We haven't even seen Atak-2 posing for a picture opportunity yet and you are teasing that it wants to fly, get out of here.
Yeah but he says he’s already cut the watermelon and that’s good enough for me.
Whatever the occasion is when 🍉 involved , I stay bro :LOL:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Several years ago they made projections that there is a market of 800 pieces for Turkish made helicopters.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Are they planning to arm it? Because that is one hell of an order, genuinely can't imagine why they would need that many.
Not at all. For comparison Irgc ground units have around 100 MI 8 in service. It would be only logical for Turkish Gendarmerie to have similar or higher airlift capabilities than Irgc.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,575
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
T625 is not a platform comparable to Mi-8 tho. Gendarme currently has 30 S70s, will get 30 T70s. It also has about 20 Mi-17s, and about dozen Hueys if they're still active. T625 size and performance wise can only replace the Hueys.

100 T625s more than doubles the size of the gendarme air arm. That is a huge purchase.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If the T-625 can be armed:
It can carry 16 Cirit/Temren and 0.50 caliber HMG
or it can carry 2 ÇAKIR missiles
or two Orka light torpedoes,
or can carry 4+ Alpagut or similar kamikaze drones
or can carry 2 sonobuoy pods with dipping sonar
All conceivable systems and avionics such as multi-mode surveillance radar, FLIR, EGPWS, TCAS, AIS, CMS standard. Spesific mission payloads are modular.

Such a platform can be a very flexible platform to cover most of the CSAR, Maritime Attack, and Battlefield Light Utility mission types. The Coast Guard and the Navy could procure a total of more than 40 of these Wildcat equivalent platforms. In fact, the entire weapon and avionics group is almost ready, all that needs to be done is to navalize a helicopter that we can produce ourselves and ensure the integration of the relevant systems.

Last edited:

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If jandarma gets 100 t-625 , maybe they will hand over Sikorskies to army? Additionally, normally gokbey is planned to replace all Huey's first.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If jandarma gets 100 t-625 , maybe they will hand over Sikorskies to army? Additionally, normally gokbey is planned to replace all Huey's first.
No Gendarmerie still need Blackhawk. They are the one doing the operation in the south east, they need Blackhawk.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
also, Gokbey was planned with 2 1400hp engine, as the engine power increased, i wonder what is the updated specifications for gokbey..
once its your helicopter, you can do anything with it in case of war... even if its used for transportation, it will be huge..

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom