Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is why T925 project is very important.
Thinking about it, as most of the forces are currently getting new T70s(licensing after 2024 is of course a problem) and DzKK is being left behind in the , would it be too absurd to think that DzKK could be the launch customer of the T925 in its general purpose version? Of course first prototype would be for regular use, but naval version must be fasttracked.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TAI will modify the GÖKBEY general purpose helicopter for firefighting purposes.
According to this statement, a firefighting helicopter project being developed entirely with domestic resources will soon be announced. There is also work on a fixed-wing fire-fighting aircraft.

The first is almost certainly to the T-925. The secondary emphasis on the fixed-wing aircraft may indicate that TAI is preparing to develop a narrow-body multi-purpose aircraft. The only missing piece in TAI's product range. Maybe a separate company can be established within TAI facilities for this.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Developing a new helicopter might be to much for, let's say 10-20 firefighting helicopters only.
What about adding a helibucket to Gökbey or T70s in times of need?
Any customization needed for that?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would usually say the same but as he mentioned both helis and fixed wing, I think they see a market there, where they maybe modify the T625 platform for a more barebones model that can carry tanks inside or personnel?

Other than bambi or buckets, Firehawks carry detachable water/retardant carriers, which is another way to achieve the same goal but needs revision on the undercarriage.
8PSoT5E.jpg

If we actually see T-925 as a fire heli tho, oh boy. i don't even care bring her in anyway possible.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would usually say the same but as he mentioned both helis and fixed wing, I think they see a market there, where they maybe modify the T625 platform for a more barebones model that can carry tanks inside or personnel?

Other than bambi or buckets, Firehawks carry detachable water/retardant carriers, which is another way to achieve the same goal but needs revision on the undercarriage.
8PSoT5E.jpg

If we actually see T-925 as a fire heli tho, oh boy. i don't even care bring her in anyway possible.
Firebuckets come in various sizes, I’d assume that Gökbey with max TOW of 6 tonnes (12 person each 80kg) would/could lift a bucket with 960L water, but I guess the real question is the endurance for heavy duty work (stress) on structure to keep flying around getting load after load of water.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Lesson to be learned from the NH90 program, and how can a single seahawk like that expensive? I asume we want to navalize our helicopter T-929.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't want to navalize T-929. It is designed for naval use from the get-go.
A129(and surely T129) can also land and embark on carriers. Can it fold its rotorblades and tail tho? I doubt initial version will be able to? If you mean that they took future "foldability" into account while designing it, that's lovely to hear.!

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A129(and surely T129) can also land and embark on carriers. Can it fold its rotorblades and tail tho? I doubt initial version will be able to? If you mean that they took future "foldability" into account while designing it, that's lovely to hear.!
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we will experience the operation of all types of helicopters that we have and that are planned to be taken into inventory in the future, so that they can be lowered to the Anadolu hangar. Depending on the configuration, the rotor blades can be folded manually, or the procedure for attaching and detaching blades can be simplified even for larger helis, as like our big boys CH-47Fs and theirs giant blades.

20160518RAN8109938_028.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,546
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Studies continued under the leadership of the Presidency of Defense Industries for the avionics modernization of AB-412 helicopters, which aims to significantly increase the capabilities of the Coast Guard Command's air elements.

Within the scope of ÖZGÜN (GÖKBEY) Helicopter Project, the delivery of avionics equipment has started. The first GÖKBEY helicopter, which will be delivered in 2023, took off from the serial production line with the participation of the Presidency of Defense Industries, Gendarmerie Aviation Command, TUSAŞ and ASELSAN teams. Within the scope of the project, an additional contract for 12 helicopters was signed with TAI. Deliveries will begin in 2023.

Source: ASELSAN 2022 annual report

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,372
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Modded AB412s would be a lovely stopgap until Gökbey can be navalized. Nice.

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any news on the first flight and situation of T929? Its very quiet and only Anka 3, TFX and Hurjet are being talked about by officials, its as if they have forgot about it .

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Follow us on social media