Average East Asian and Souteast Asia male height age 18-22

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
I see, are those southern chinese are han too?
I dated a chinese indonesian before, a couple of them exactly, there are this girl with Tung family name (like mao tse tung) with 175cm height, and theres a girl with Tan family name who is petite (150cm), are chinese family name show us from where their family origin are (province, south, north etc)?
Height has nothing to do with family names, Han Chinese original are from the north and some of them moved to the south ( south of Yangze River) and mixed with local Yue people (ancestors of Vietnamese), who are much shorter than Han, this is way many southern Han look like Vietnamese , shorter and with darker complexion. even for language, Cantonese sound very similar to Vietnamese which I can't understand a word.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Chinese ethnic in general is quite tall IMO and they play basketball quite well.

Singapore basketball team doesnt have Indian and Malay ethnic, the team is strong but always been defeated by Indonesian team. Latest defeat is in 2017 Seagames and Indonesian team, 98 % are native. Good Chinese Indonesian player is Abraham Damar Grahita, and he played in shooting guard position ( 184 cm ), there is another one Chinese Indonesian played as center/power forward in this team. Vincen Kosasih, Good player as well. Total there is 2 Chinese Indonesian player, out of 12 players. Main center is Ronaldo Sitepu, native from North Sumatra.

Indonesia vs Singapore

But Chinese players are dominating Malaysian team, almost all are Chinese ethnic.

In South East Asia, Philippine is the best, follow by Indonesia and Thailand for men, but women is Indonesian the best, particularly 3x3 team. Dont be confused, the darker skin lady in Indonesian team is not import player from Africa or US, she is native from Papua province.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are those northern chinese are a Han Chinese or Manchu chinese or Mongolian chinese or mixed of Han+manchu or Han+mongolian? I've seen mongolian have tall and bulky soldiers so i presume mongolian are taller in heights compared to chinese

Manchu or Jin people, not the Mongol which usually had tall posture. They are the same stock with Korean people

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
China is a continental size country, even over 92% of the population claim they are Han Chinese, but Han Chinese is more of a cultural concept than an ethnic one. Body height, physical structure, facial features and even skin colors can differ from province to province. the more northern you go, the taller height and light skin people will become.

微信图片_20211017005517.png

Last edited by a moderator:

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Manchu or Jin people, not the Mongol which usually had tall posture. They are the same stock with Korean people
Korean people were known for being short in the east Asian history , now they are much better.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Though modern Indonesian is mostly consist of Austronesian people stock (Malay some people said) which had lineage with the Polinesian people, which are considered quite tall and bulky in posture.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
China is a continental size country, even over 92% of the population claim they are Han Chinese, but Han Chinese is more of a cultural concept than an ethnic one. Body height, physical structure, facial features and even skin colors can differ from province to province. the more northern you go, the taller height and light skin people will become.

View attachment 33751

The human skin tone colour is not correct there,

This is Typical Indonesian skin tone

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
The human skin tone colour is not correct there,

This is Typical Indonesian skin tone

Sometimes I watch badminton matches, Indonesian players look pretty dark comparing to east Asians, and even Chinese Indonesians look a bit dark, maybe it's because of the hot weather and strong sun there.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sometimes I watch badminton matches, Indonesian players look pretty dark comparing to east Asians, and even Chinese Indonesians look a bit dark, maybe it's because of the hot weather and strong sun there.

Of course Indonesian is brown skin despite we should consider it as light brown skin and that are people who are really brown who are farmer and fisherman people.

Indonesian who live in town for hundreds of years have lighter skin tone than people living in village with farming activities since their activity is primarily inside the building.

My sister daughter skin tone is white since she is kid, it is because her husband family is white skin despite native from West Sumatra, than when she grow older she swim a lot and she becomes brown, now as she is a teenager, she doesnt swim anymore and her skin tone turn into white again. Not white like North East Chinese, but white with reddish tone and I think it is perfect for women ( and she is pretty too).

Chinese Indonesian, many are still really white despite some have become brown, but the brown skin of Chinese Indonesian is due to their origin from South China. Chinese Indonesian that you see Today in Indonesia is a recent migration during Dutch rule, while older immigration have been assimilated because they have become Muslim.

Due to the fact that Dutch was Christian, so recent Chinese immigration to Indonesia become Christian to get privilage to do trade with Dutch. One of the reason Indonesian rebel to Dutch is also due to trade where native is excluded when Dutch do business with Indonesian, they only want to do business with Chinese Indonesian who are becoming Christian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is High School competition, and the dark green costume is Native Indonesian since it is public school while majority of Chinese Indonesian in Indonesia study in Christian Schools where they can meet with many Chinese there and also due to religion, but Chinese Buddist I believe also study in Christian School.

The white costume is Christian School, Bukit Sion (Mount Sion), there you can see Chinese Indonesian is still quite white skin, but some players are native like number 8.

Last edited:

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Many foreign girls tell me they would kill to get Chinese girls skin.

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Height has nothing to do with family names, Han Chinese original are from the north and some of them moved to the south ( south of Yangze River) and mixed with local Yue people (ancestors of Vietnamese), who are much shorter than Han, this is way many southern Han look like Vietnamese , shorter and with darker complexion. even for language, Cantonese sound very similar to Vietnamese which I can't understand a word.
In Indonesia we can know someone else root or place of origin from their family names, not all natives have darker skin tone, sundanese, menados, palembang etc have smooth white skin like chinese or even european white skin, i have college friend who have brown eyes and white skin who look like mix european breed but he is 100% sundanese, and i knowns some chinese who have dark tone skin even compared to native indonesian.
Alot of western that i know envy natives indonesian skin tones, we have no freckles on our skin, smoother texture and sun kissed colours tone, that's why alot of westerners love sunbathing

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Yeah, Cnese skin is so white :LOL:

Cuộc đời những công chúa nhà Thanh: Sợ vú nuôi hơn sợ mẹ, phải xin phép mới được gần gũi chồng - Ảnh 1.

Cnese princess :lol
Chinese are not white, and a black and white photo from over a century ago doesn't mean anything, back then every Chinese lady wrap their feet but now no one, China changed so much in just a decade, let alone a century.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
In Indonesia we can know someone else root or place of origin from their family names, not all natives have darker skin tone, sundanese, menados, palembang etc have smooth white skin like chinese or even european white skin, i have college friend who have brown eyes and white skin who look like mix european breed but he is 100% sundanese, and i knowns some chinese who have dark tone skin even compared to native indonesian.
Alot of western that i know envy natives indonesian skin tones, we have no freckles on our skin, smoother texture and sun kissed colours tone, that's why alot of westerners love sunbathing
Yes, and even people from the same ethnicity can have totally different looks.
These 3 Uighur girls are co workers in a bank, they jokingly say for 3 of them, one is like from South Asia with dark skin, one is like from Russia and one is like a Han Chinese.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
@beijingwalker

This I show you again comparison between native Indonesian and Chinese Indonesian. As I said earlier that Chinese Indonesian is in large majority Christian so they study in Christian School.

We can see the high as well here, between SMAN 70 (State owned/Public High School) and SMA Santa Ursula (Christian private School).

I see no Chinese Indonesian played in SMAN 70 (Dark Blue) while Santa Ursula players (White Costume) some are Chinese Indonesian (number 18,14, 2 and 7). You also can see Chinese Indonesian skin tone is still light and pass Chinese in North China.

This is DBL competition (High School Basketball competition across Indonesian schools)

SMA 70 player, Syarafina Ayasha Sjahril (16 years old), number 6, is Indonesian Michael Jordan :cool:

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
None of them can be passed for northern Chinese, even their body structure and proportion look very different.

LOL, it is already really white skin there for several Chinese Indonesian players in Santa Ursula High School :LOL:

You need to be fair in making judgement or your credibility will be quite lower

It is difficult to find women who are good at sport, and you will find many of skinny girls who are much agile than other girls who are taller with proportioned body to play basketball for school team. Any way many girls dont want to get too much sun exposure and dont want to play in sport, while men like me and other Indonesian men, when I was at school, will play basketball or soccer at 1.30 PM when the sun at the top of our head. This is why you cannot judge them by watching this high school games.

This is Chinese Indonesian, the skin color is no different with Chinese Indonesian basketball players in Santa Ursula School.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Olympic badminton male double awarding ceremony, gold, silver and bronze, can you tell they are actually all Chinese?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Olympic badminton male double awarding ceremony, gold, silver and bronze, can you tell they are actually all Chinese?

Yup, they are all Chinese since Malaysia team is also dominated by Chinese ethnic.

While this is Indonesian double when we defeat China team with 3:0 in a row just 2 days ago in Thomas Cup (World Cup for Men team)

You can see the height of Indonesian compared to Chinese. These Indonesians are natives.

From Left to Right : Muhammad Rian and Fajar Alfian

1634622260336.png

Chinese Players are taller but we can defeat them with straight set :cool:

1634622435779.png

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Yup, they are all Chinese since Malaysia team is also dominated by Chinese ethnic.

While this is Indonesian double when we defeat China team with 3:0 in a row just 2 days ago in Thomas Cup (World Cup for Men team)

You can see the height of Indonesian compared to Chinese. These Indonesians are natives.

From Left to Right : Muhammad Rian and Fajar Alfian

View attachment 33882

Chinese Players are taller but we can defeat them with straight set :cool:

View attachment 33883

Sure, this bunch of Chinese players suck, Indonesian players are more than a match for them, no doubt about it. we can only hope new talents can emerge in the future.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom