Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

Russian ANNA-NEWS confirms that Stepanakert/Khankedi-Goris road is closed. Azerbaijani group reached the road south to Karintak, clashes ongoing​

22109813_2.jpg

22109813_0.jpg

22109813_1.jpg

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Armed Forces were able to continue it's operation completing all of the tasks given successfully which were given

My own feeling is that by every metric Azerbaijan is doing better, its not that Turkey did bad its just that Azerbaijan is doing better.

Geography wise, I can't say which is harder but both are extremely mountainous regions.

In terms of the enemy. In Afrin we fought against a terrorist network no doubts being supported by russian, american and european advisers. While Azerbaijan is fighting an actual state army that no doubts will have advisors from Russia helping. Also equipment wise the armenian side has more weapons then the pkk/ypd of afrin.

In terms of Geopolitical pressure, yes Turkey had plenty over Afrin. But Turkey is a big state with great geopolitical significance. Azerbaijan has international pressure but is also sandwiched between 2 big enemy states in Iran and Russia.

In terms of time frame, you would imagine Azerbaijan is doing this quicker.

However when Turkey moved on afrin we didnt have the drone warfare doctrine down yet. Like wise i think Azerbaijan probably has Turkish military advisors and potentially its Turks operating the UAV's. But this i cannot be certain of, but its not unlikely. This no doubts gives advantage.

As for the rebels that fought with us, yes they are an absolute mess.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,743
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
My own feeling is that by every metric Azerbaijan is doing better, its not that Turkey did bad its just that Azerbaijan is doing better.

Geography wise, I can't say which is harder but both are extremely mountainous regions.

In terms of the enemy. In Afrin we fought against a terrorist network no doubts being supported by russian, american and european advisers. While Azerbaijan is fighting an actual state army that no doubts will have advisors from Russia helping. Also equipment wise the armenian side has more weapons then the pkk/ypd of afrin.

In terms of Geopolitical pressure, yes Turkey had plenty over Afrin. But Turkey is a big state with great geopolitical significance. Azerbaijan has international pressure but is also sandwiched between 2 big enemy states in Iran and Russia.

In terms of time frame, you would imagine Azerbaijan is doing this quicker.

However when Turkey moved on afrin we didnt have the drone warfare doctrine down yet. Like wise i think Azerbaijan probably has Turkish military advisors and potentially its Turks operating the UAV's. But this i cannot be certain of, but its not unlikely. This no doubts gives advantage.

As for the rebels that fought with us, yes they are an absolute mess.
My personal advice is to not underestimate terrorist/guerilla networks. They are giving big pain in the butt to many conventional armies with 100x more resources in terms of finances, personnel and equipment. We are still struggling to fight with such a network 40+ years even for a short time lost control of cities within the Turkish State even without a fight. Left overs from Afrin were still active in terms of direct action and sabotage until recently.

I am not sure if they are doing better. If faster means better than yes but in my opinion the speed is of little importance if that speed is paid with the lives of hundreds of young people and equipment. It is logical that Azerbaijan must have more casualties because Azerbaijan is on the attacking side but effective use of drones and smart moves like critical flanking maneuvers like that in the area of Shusha are giving them advantage and here I don't think that logic is valid. I just wish that they started better because the start of the operation was a nightmare in terms of losses of personnel and equipment and maybe 65% of the losses in terms of equipment came in the first two weeks. There was serious negligence of the reinforced positions, intelligence fault and ineffective combined arms tactics.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
Azerbaijan didn't do so well in July, what changed? You can't train operators of TB2 in a couple of months either who do the bulk of the airstrikes and gathers intelligence on troops movements. TB2 is the reason Armenians can't go on the offensive and are slaughtered when they try. 🙂

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Azerbaijan didn't do so well in July, what changed? You can't train operators of TB2 in a couple of months either who do the bulk of the airstrikes and gathers intelligence on troops movements. TB2 is the reason Armenians can't go on the offensive and are slaughtered when they try. 🙂

Most likely Turkish military planners. Taking our skills and what we recently learned in Syria and Libya to Azerbaijan.

Because Turkey used drones to hunt air defences in Syria, did even better in Libya and now Azerbaijan the performance has been the best, one month of warfare and only one TB2 lost.

That makes me think its the same guys controlling the drones.

Ideally though i want Azerbaijan to be better then us and the next time we move to better then them. Their victories and losses are also ours.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom