Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Operation slowed too much, Trump will probably loose tonight, Azerbaijan should hurry or might miss a golden opportunity to expel Armenia from its soil.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
It seems to me a part from the very first days/weeks of the war,the intensity of fightings has decreased.

There's no more attacks and fights involving large formations,but very small formations (few dozens of soldiers at best) abandoned and fighting in the middle of nowhere.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems to me a part from the very first days/weeks of the war,the intensity of fightings has decreased.

There's no more attacks and fights involving large formations,but very small formations (few dozens of soldiers at best) abandoned and fighting in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah, its a stark contrast, i wonder what made Azerbaijan Change its strategy so dramatically, sure the terrain is harder in the north but with total air superiority things should still go faster.
Also keep in mind that Armenian supplies and gear got significantly reduced, i dont really understand the Azerbaijani shyness in the last week.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, its a stark contrast, i wonder what made Azerbaijan Change its strategy so dramatically, sure the terrain is harder in the north but with total air superiority things should still go faster.
Also keep in mind that Armenian supplies and gear got significantly reduced, i dont really understand the Azerbaijani shyness in the last week.

This could have been a perfect opportunity to test our vtol uav with rifle capabilities. Auto flight mode with aim-fire based on laser targetting

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,237
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is not a categorical advantage in the mountain warfare in Karabakh for Azerbaijan. The recon is mainly provided by SOF teams and the conventional infantry is pushing after them on pre calculated route to a position of advantage.

The UAVs in that scenario are with limited capabilities because of the vegetation and also we know that there are forest fires in the area.

When the Armenian side built the defensive positions and trenches it is known that they considered to have the ability to survey the critical heights and also the main routes. When the recon teams are conducting their operation they are preparing terrain and risk analysis, write down natural obstacles and looking for alternative routes from which the conventional infantry could pass as safely and securely as possible to a position which is giving them advantage and maneuvering space because in mountain warfare the freedom of movement is limited especially when the force is big.

The recon is a slow process requiring precision and very high level of situational awareness. The preferred walking tempo in a forest environment for conducting exploration and close target reconnaissance is something around ~1 hour for 600m for small reconnaissance team of 6-8 men. Also it is not a reconnaissance operation which you can face unaware enemy patrols and just bypass them or eliminate them easily trough improvised ambush. You have enemy SOF Reconnaissance there which is aware of your presence and know the same tactics and methods as you.

These are factors that make a large push very hard. There is not even nearly enough intelligence and firepower so they can push faster. Those are also the reasons for which we see fatal ambushes. Also another big problem is the enemy artillery. Lets say the infantry managed to infiltrate trough the pre calculated alternative route of the recon teams and it managed to overpower the enemy position with or without friendly artillery support. The process of holding that position is very hard as the enemy have communications channels and orders artillery barrage over you and you give casualties. Your only chance is to be able to maneuver and have a look at the position from alternative angle and pray not to get hit. The artillery is very good concealed in that terrain and it is hard to spot them from the air or even harder from the ground as the recon team should go for very deep exploration completely cut off supplies against an aware enemy.

I see all the situation as normal and not as bad as it could be. Azerbaijan is still making advancements but in a slow and controlled manner. I don't think we should be very worried. Azerbaijan with its high technology weapons, superior artillery performance and legit SOF recon teams should be able to overcome the difficulties but we should be patient.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom