Azerbaijan Armenia Tensions

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is also another scenario:

This could be a trap for the current pro-Western Armenian government. After getting rid of them and electing a new pro-Russian leader, Moscow could theoretically betray Baku.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Yeah great Russians are known for keeping their promises, its not like we witnessed it first hand in Syria just across the border right?
Sry dude i dont agree with you, this agreement is nullifying all the victories by Azerbaijani army, its opening a gate for Russia to establish itself in Azerbaijani soil and will create many many heaches in the future.

How else do you explain that Turkey is consequently left out? Should Azerbaijan also have the right to involve its ally just as Armenia does?

You are naive if you believe that Russians will leave after 10 years, this deal is not a victory but something else, i just dont want to say too much at this point, lets wait and hope that it wont happen.

This is a trap and you guys dont see it..

Russian "peacekeepers" are a source of problem wherever they are,remember when the Georgians tried to retake the separatists regions in 2008 and the Russians were in the middle..... It didn't end well for Georgia.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russian "peacekeepers" are a source of problem wherever they are,remember when the Georgians tried to retake the separatists regions in 2008 and the Russians were in the middle..... It didn't end well for Georgia.
God damn right i cant believe Aliyev is agreeing to something like this.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

This could be a trap for the current pro-Western Armenian government. After getting rid of them and electing a new pro-Russian leader, Moscow could theoretically betray Baku.
Replace ''could'' with ''will'' because thats what Moscow is doing with Azerbaijan since beginning of this conflict.

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Totally different cases. Georgia started the war. Russia just responded back then. In addition, Azerbaijan is neither Syria nor Georgia.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Totally different cases. Georgia started the war. Russia just responded back then. In addition, Azerbaijan is neither Syria nor Georgia.

You can make a parallel between the two. The separatists were attacking Georgian forces and villages under the protection of those same Russian peacekeeping forces.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,066
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I read it Armenia will immediately withdraw from 5 rajons and hand over the last 2 after 15 days or so. Doesn't that mean Azerbaycan get's to control the entire area with exception of stephanart-something?

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I read it Armenia will immediately withdraw from 5 rajons and hand over the last 2 after 15 days or so. Doesn't that mean Azerbaycan get's to control the entire area with exception of stephanart-something?
Exactly.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,654
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Not theoretically but FOR SURE. You are very right but are you surprised? Aliyev’s clan is from a Communist Party seed so they are strictly affiliated with KGB and the ComParty so why are you surprised that he is ready to sign such a stupid deal with the Kremlin?

Betraying all Azeri martyrs by letting those drunkards on your land. He might as well just give Nagorno Karabakh to Armenia right now instead of wasting time and waiting for the so called peacekeepers to come.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,066
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not theoretically but FOR SURE. You are very right but are you surprised? Aliyev’s clan is from a Communist Party seed so they are strictly affiliated with KGB and the ComParty so why are you surprised that he is ready to sign such a stupid deal with the Kremlin?

Betraying all Azeri martyrs by letting those drunkards on your land. He might as well just give Nagorno Karabakh to Armenia right now instead of wasting the so called peacekeepers to come.
Come on, let's wait and see. You are angry sure. But what if Turkey get's a military base in Karabag?

tta

Reactions
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a news about second agreement between Russia and Turkey according to Haberturk.

I really don't think this agreement is good news for Azerbaijan. I have to say for the future this isint good for Armenian civil people either. This will only make sure that Russia has a foot in the region. Stronger than ever. And also there was a talk between Macron and Putin last week. I think agreement formed there.

Classic imperial power play by Russia...

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,146
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's wait for the official statements and details. I think that Armenia has to withdraw and Russia will only control both corridors which seems reasonable as a trust building measure.

But let's see if it's still valid tomorrow or if Pashinyan will seek asylum in France.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom